Greenleaf Sweet Candy - Snake oil or great stuff?

As you can see the nutrient that we give the plants is the same nutrient that feeds microorganisms microorganisms have to feed off of something whether it's in Coco or soil they feed on the nutrient that's in there

I think a lot of people including myself just don't really understand bacteria and microorganisms

Thanks for the lesson.Ii love learning.
[/QUOTE]
If you Google "feeding the soil" and read a few articles, it will open a whole new world, lol. I've been consumed by it for the last 2 yrs.

Thanks for the lesson.Ii love learning.
If you Google "feeding the soil" and read a few articles, it will open a whole new world, lol. I've been consumed by it for the last 2 yrs.
[/QUOTE]
I don't doubt you I'm just saying that if I add Mega crop sweet candy Cal Mag and some biofuse stuff to my Coco a few weeks ahead of time there's microorganisms in my cocoa even if I didn't use the biofuse stuff there still would be because they would take hold of the nutrient that I've added in

I think a lot of people including myself just don't really understand bacteria and microorganisms
Think of it this way.. Bottles nutes are like having your plants hooked to an IV.. They feed your plant directly, bypassing the job of microorganisms. Microorganisms feed the soil, and make it nutrient rich.. They feed on organic matter and turn that in nutrients for the plant. The plant will then feed on those nutrients as needed (not forced like with bottled nutes).. One cubic inch of healthy soil will have billions of microbes in it. As an organic grower, my job is to simply feed the microbes and keep them alive. In turn, they will feed the soil, which will in turn, feed the plant. It may seem complicated, but once you understand the basics of the food chain, it gets easier.

Think of it this way.. Bottles nutes are like having your plants hooked to an IV.. They feed your plant directly, bypassing the job of microorganisms. Microorganisms feed the soil, and make it nutrient rich.. They feed on organic matter and turn that in nutrients for the plant. The plant will then feed on those nutrients as needed (not forced like with bottled nutes).. One cubic inch of healthy soil will have billions of microbes in it. As an organic grower, my job is to simply feed the microbes and keep them alive. In turn, they will feed the soil, which will in turn, feed the plant. It may seem complicated, but once you understand the basics of the food chain, it gets easier.
I understand that what I'm trying to say is that any nutrient whether it be bottled or organic feed microorganisms

I don't doubt you I'm just saying that if I add Mega crop sweet candy Cal Mag and some biofuse stuff to my Coco a few weeks ahead of time there's microorganisms in my cocoa even if I didn't use the biofuse stuff there still would be because they would take hold of the nutrient that I've added in
[/QUOTE]
Again, unfortunately, that is not how it works.. Mega crop has no microbe life in it.. Neither does sweet candy.. Unless you use recharge or great white or a compost tea, or some other "innoculate", the coco will not just grow microorganisms. Now, you could know something I don't.. That's why Im asking, what microorganisms are in your coco? How did you see them or know they were there? What are they feeding on to stay alive?

These images are from the mega crop website.. They list the ingredients of both MC and SC.. Can you point out one bacteria or fungi listed? I dont see a single one in either product, so I'm not sure how they would get into the coco.

The images wouldn't load but here is the link to the images...

Last edited:
Again, unfortunately, that is not how it works.. Mega crop has no microbe life in it.. Neither does sweet candy.. Unless you use recharge or great white or a compost tea, or some other "innoculate", the coco will not just grow microorganisms. Now, you could know something I don't.. That's why Im asking, what microorganisms are in your coco? How did you see them or know they were there? What are they feeding on to stay alive?

These images are from the mega crop website.. They list the ingredients of both MC and SC.. Can you point out one bacteria or fungi listed? I dont see a single one in either product, so I'm not sure how they would get into the coco.

The images wouldn't load but here is the link to the images...

[/QUOTE]
15759345275987393543269208207847.jpg
again you're not getting it microorganisms will feed off of any nutrient so when I use this stuff in my cocoa and then I put Mega crop in there that's what feeds it the mega crop any nutrient will feed microorganisms if it's the nutrient that they need which is the same nutrient that plants need I didn't say there was microorganisms in mega crop I'm saying Mega crop would feed microorganisms that you have in your soil or in your Coco and so would the sweet candy

And if you think that your Coco doesn't have any microorganisms in it or that your phone the table or the chair or the air that you're breathing doesn't have any that's wrong I would say

Microorganisms and bacteria or everywhere and they're just waiting for a chance to explode
[/QUOTE]
That article is about soil.. We are talking about coco.. That article is discussing whether or not bottled nutes kill off microbes.. Something I've never thought, agreed with, or said happens... and is something we are not talking about, lol. Im not here to try to convince anyone of anything or to change anyone's mind.

The original post was asking if sweet candy is useful.. It's ingredients are definitely useful. No question. Is it needed? Not at all.

If you believe that mega crop and sweet candy are adding microbe life to your coco, then it is! Simple as that. There is no way I can make you believe me, lol. It's like saying if you grow in hempy buckets (straight perlite) it will be packed with microbes. Just not the case.. Microbes are not just "everywhere".. If they were, there would be no need for compost teas or inoculates. They definitely are not hanging out in bags of perlite.. Or in a dwc bucket.. Unless they've been added. Again, dont take my word for it.. The science is easy to find online.

Back