Greetings: Newbie Here

StankyDanky

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Greetings fellow auto growers. I’m a newbie to growing, having one grow under my belt after VIrginia fully legalized recreational use and cultivation last year. I had the maximum allowed four plants; 2 White Widows and 2 Deelites. I learned a lot and made some really stupid rookie mistakes that most certainly hurt my yield and quality. The most egregious mistake was starting my seeds in Peat pots and transplanting them pot and all to 5 gallon fabric pots. I read somewhere that the pot wouldn’t be a problem and that the roots would be able to spread as the pot basically disintegrated around them. Not the case! I should have known better. I do now. I ended up with almost totally intact peat pots below the surface with a sad little tap root out the bottom. I’m guessing that tap root was the only reason I got anything. I ended up with over half an ounce per plant which really shows the resilience of these girls. The grow was entirely outdoors with the exception of the first couple weeks after germination. This year I plan to start my girls (4 plants3 strains in a grow tent to veg for a few weeks before transferring outdoors. This next grow I’m going with 2 or 3 gallon pots. Any suggestions, advice or helpful hints are appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I’ll end it now because I have lots of questions to come. It’s great to be here! I’ve attached an after picture of one of my sad peat pots after harvest, a picture of one of the plants from the grow and the tent kit I’m looking at.

Attachments

• A64E7B44-C181-481E-8EB4-B1A3B6B7A84E.jpeg
    A64E7B44-C181-481E-8EB4-B1A3B6B7A84E.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • 2ACE6020-3013-4145-8E67-B4EBBC8953F7.jpeg
    2ACE6020-3013-4145-8E67-B4EBBC8953F7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 8C2C870D-3A4A-4346-B3A0-40AE8D41F302.jpeg
    8C2C870D-3A4A-4346-B3A0-40AE8D41F302.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 31
:welcome:to AFN buddy :cheers:
Load's of information to be found and lot's of nice people who are willing to help you a hand :thumbsup:
If you're looking at tents and full tent kits... Have a look at Mars Hydro. If you enter AFN in the discount box you get a nifty 4% discount :toke:

Greetings fellow auto growers. I’m a newbie to growing, having one grow under my belt after VIrginia fully legalized recreational use and cultivation last year. I had the maximum allowed four plants; 2 White Widows and 2 Deelites. I learned a lot and made some really stupid rookie mistakes that most certainly hurt my yield and quality. The most egregious mistake was starting my seeds in Peat pots and transplanting them pot and all to 5 gallon fabric pots. I read somewhere that the pot wouldn’t be a problem and that the roots would be able to spread as the pot basically disintegrated around them. Not the case! I should have known better. I do now. I ended up with almost totally intact peat pots below the surface with a sad little tap root out the bottom. I’m guessing that tap root was the only reason I got anything. I ended up with over half an ounce per plant which really shows the resilience of these girls. The grow was entirely outdoors with the exception of the first couple weeks after germination. This year I plan to start my girls (4 plants3 strains in a grow tent to veg for a few weeks before transferring outdoors. This next grow I’m going with 2 or 3 gallon pots. Any suggestions, advice or helpful hints are appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I’ll end it now because I have lots of questions to come. It’s great to be here! I’ve attached an after picture of one of my sad peat pots after harvest, a picture of one of the plants from the grow and the tent kit I’m looking at.
Welcome to AFN. You will find lots of friendly peeps here, always willing to lend a hand. Don't hold back with the questions, someone around here will be glad to help.

Good luck with the outdoor grow. :pighug:

You'll get a better light with a @Marshydro set then the vivo. Also it's usually cheaper to build your own set and still get better parts. What size tent you looking for?
Thanks for the reply. I’m looking to get a 2x2 because of space considerations. I’m only planning to keep the plants in the tent 3 to 4 weeks I really don’t need anything taller than 48”. That’s the main reason I was interested in the Vivosun. I didn’t see a 2x2 Mars Hydro that height. But as I’m sitting here thinking about it, the Mars is only 7” taller so it might be doable. Any suggestions on equipment I can buy separately to save a few bucks?

Reactions: JP1
Welcome to AFN. You will find lots of friendly peeps here, always willing to lend a hand. Don't hold back with the questions, someone around here will be glad to help.

Good luck with the outdoor grow. :pighug:
Thanks. I appreciate all the help I can get…and I won’t be shy about asking questions. :salute:

Don't know your budget or what that kit costs but;tent, light, fan and filter, all from Amazon US:
Coolgrows 2x2x4=$64 (cheap tents are fine for autos since light leaks are ok)
@Marshydro ts1000 with timer and thermometer =$149
Ac infinity a4=$99
Ipower 4in carbon filter =$40
4in ducting with clamps=$9
$361 all in, shipped, with a better light and fan then the set
:vibe:

Back