Dutch Passion Groff Labs: 16x AutoUltimates - 1 nute bottle battle + light schedule test + timelapse

Groff

Geekazoid
Reaction score
TL: DR
Dutch Passion Auto Ultimates
Testing 24/0 lights on, in contrast to The Gas Lantern Routine light schedule test in my sig - same strain
Using only 1 nute bottle. 2 brands, and a few plants a 50/50 mix, to compare results.
Full-on organic grow
880w LED full power, top notch blurples
50% coco, 25% BioBizz Full Mix, 25% Light Mix

Hi everyone. First and foremost, welcome to my humble grow room! Hope you enjoy the ride.

Haven't done one of these in quite a while, so please be gentle. If you know me, you know
I'm an experiment junky. It's not fun if I'm not doing stuff outside of my comfort zone.
Feel free to ask me any questions you like!

KJwUG3Q.jpg

So here is the plot.

I've done and catalogued numerous AU grow diaries before, some succesfull, on one ocasion I even
managed to kill an entire crop! Regrettably, my best and most impressive AU grows were not captured to tape.

Also, I got the timelapse bug again. Going to raise the bar in terms of quality to 1080p this time round in preparation for a full-on 4k run.

I'm no real photographer! Though just like growing sweet canna, I'm up'ing my game with every atempt. To note, I do real
timelapse, not fake. Meaning, these will all be individual photographs glued together to simulate video.

Diclaimer: I am not expecting a spectacular result. I'm both testing numerous cameras, lenses and settings, as well as being hyper bold and
using only 1 nute bottle, as well as running 24/0 until mid/late flower for the first time.

The 1 nute bottle battle!

After reading a bunch of claims, I decided to give it a shot. There are numerous growers who claim that using only Biobizz Fish Mix, it is
perfectly possible to run an entire grow cycle. I've seen this on multiple occasions from completely different sources, so I decided to give it
shot. I mean, why wouldn't you?

On the flipside, I discovered a new company that claims to have developed a environmentally safe 1 bottle full spectrum macro and micro nutrients
as well as instantly fully available cal/mag ... bold claim! Only one way to find out…

I will keep this brand a secret until then end, so as not to put them at check.
Cannabis is quite a different species, but not that far aways from the one's used in their lab results.

Lights used:

Blurples, though the pics don't show... We have a Dutch Passsion/Grow Northern MS-006 (180 actual power draw), and Alien Hydroponics prototype (350w actual),
and a Platinum LED that I kitted with silent fans (350 actual) .. so roughly 880w at full blast.

npQ28mM.jpg

Will swap the Alien Hydro (the center one) with the MS-0006 (left one) to balance out light distribution to: 350 - 180 - 350. And then angle
the outsides in.

aKhGy1r.jpg

I have been using the full power, but today during this photo shoot I dropped them all down to half, until they grow a little bigger.
I don't believe in lowering the wattage at early stage, but I do believe excess temperature is harmful. And that is exactly what happened these past 3
days while I was away, going up into the 27 - 29ºC zone. With the exhaust fan off at setting 1, temps got down to nice at 21-26. But other than that, the first few weeks, exhaust fan was off since from mid-late March, and 880w kept the room temp at 19-25ºC quite perfectly.

Exhaust fan off you say? Yes. A mere 30m to 1h visit from me tending to them pumps the C02 up into the 1500ppm, and retains humidity into
the 70/80% - ideal for veg. Unfortunately, I needed to be away a few days and ambient temps rose. Eneded up stressing some girsl a little,
but now should get back to normal quick.

Z8dDQcS.jpg

Otherwise, looking pretty good

x4VqQzN.jpg

PXR3aLi.jpg

H6WZgIH.jpg

This one is being a little picky, but should soon kick out of it

VxolUMP.jpg

These two?... well, I dropped a seed and one week later still nothing. So I dunked 3 new beans in water, 2 days later dropped one into the soil, and
3 or 4 days later they both popped out the same day. Moral of the story, they're 15 days appart "twins". Don't know who is who for sure, but I guess we can all guess...

yyPmoAC.jpg

kCUZDDe.jpg

This one was another that prompted the extra 3 beans into water. ! week late nothing, but all of a sudden it popped out waaaaaay off center. For some reason it decided to swim sideways and pop out near the edge :doh: I almost dropped a seed in there. So I was left with two, so potted up 2 little pots, and devised evil plan just for those two extra ones … :shrug:

IumskCT.jpg

These two at the top, then? Well, ignore them. A parallel experiment I'll be running outside the scope of this diary.
They're risen to accelerate rate of development, as they're almost 2 weeks behind the others. Soon to be off camera

BIFoWGY.jpg

So, what is the protocol?

Medium: 50 reused coco + 25% full mix + 25% light mix
Nutrients: Biobizz Fish Mix only, mystery bottle only, and Fish Mix + Mystery mix.
Additives: None! In the traditional sense. I will brew some beneficial bacteria and mycos, but that's it.
Feshly calibrated Bluelab pH monitor, that I suspect is nearing end-of-life, but got to calibrate (mental note, quadruple check)
Exchaust fan off while I can contain Temps, RH and smell. Just 30mins makes me the best cost/benefit CO2 supplemtation kit ever, that last over 24h

My plan is to LST them aggressively at the start, and let'em rip during flowring. I know this strain can take all the abuse you give it,
as long as the environment is favourable. Thi is my first time attempting a true LST though.

Finally...

I did a test using AU and the Gas Lantern Routine, and proved you CAN slow down an Auto. So this could potentially be useful for more
aggressive stress training techniques. I will try to contrast that grow with running 24/0 until mid-flower. Then I will drop to 20/4,
which has always been my sweet spot. First time doing 24/0

For the critics, I KNOW this is not science. Way too many new variables. I dont care. All I care about is creating a warm and loving relationship
with my grils, and doing my best for them to reach their max potential

Last edited:
Alright then, this concludes the first 9 days from sprouting.

rCVcnev.jpg

KixqdEv.jpg

jbP2zb2.jpg

7I257vI.jpg

vrFS3Zg.jpg

Amazing how different it is to grow in soil.

I only watered for the first time since they popped out 2 days ago - so two full weeks! With only a super-duper tea mix containing 2 premium worm castings, 16 strain of bacilus (8 specific for veg), trichoderma and a myco mix. Bubbled for 12 hours inside the tent with a lid. Unsulphured molasses at the 8th hour. Spent the entire day dropping the pH with Biobizz ph to try to keep it at around the 6.5 range-- They don't say what is on the bottle.

Still not used any nutes…

Day 15 pics

VgjzHIa.jpg

aMRGJuK.jpg

Take particular look at the twins

CRe0tfX.jpg

Day 17 pics … holy moly!

VmXiSxS.jpg

Y0NlCNV.jpg

63bNhXY.jpg

0VSthD9.jpg

a09Ohx1.jpg

x8Xmro6.jpg

Have the extraction fan pumping back into the tent, not exhausting, so temps are a little high around 26º - 27º, but its not such a problem since I'm visiting them quite a few times a day so CO2 levels are around 1000ppm, which helps loads with higher temps. RH around 70 - 75%, which makes for perfect VPD conditions.

Last edited:
It is official. AutoUltimate is hands down the hardest strain to LST in the universe! Also, one of the most resilient and aggressive. I snapped 3 branches, taped them up (almost though of using them for cloning), and a few hours later they were already bending over to reach for more light.

Was a fun 10 hour stretch yesterday, but they're all bondaged down.

C2Swngm.jpg

nE2zMJ6.jpg

Day 38 (yesterday)

Gave them the first nutrient feed with 3ml/L of Fishmix. I also added some epsom salts for a little Mag boost. You will notice that "sector" to the right with lighter tone, I believe they are Mag hungry. Gave them an epsom foliar feed and they reacted really well, so I'm almost 100% certain it that.

I notice 3 distinct phenos

- The "Mag" pheno. Very hungry for magnesium, squatty/less stretch, and MUCH faster flowering - they are like 1 to 2 weeks ahead of the others . Due to recent work overload did not allow me to spend as much time as I wanted in the grow room. I'm so used to fixing thing really quick in hydro I confess I dropped the ball. But they're recovering and I'm sure this won't affect production.

- The "Aggressive Stretcher" - as the name implies, loves to stretch. Nice and bushy, loads of side-shoots, this one has the potential for massive yields despite taking a little longer. 1 week behind the "Mag", one week ahead of the next pheno. No deficiencies, sweet spot easily achieved.

- The "Resting Lazy Bitch Face" - Very handsome, nicely bushy, but BOY is she is slow to flower. Slightly less side shoots, 2 weeks behind in bud production, maybe more.

4j3r7T5.jpg

The Aggressive Stretcher pheno

yKVAtFQ.jpg

The Mag pheno

kaxnCBn.jpg

4puMx36.jpg

The Resting Lazy Bitch Face

d5KE4P4.jpg

ilNzWpy.jpg

And then, a good round of deleafing and lollipopping

0VDP3nM.jpg

They're all ready to grow out and start fattening - next time round another compost tea to boost up that microbial life
_

Back