Grove bags vs Mason jars

What are velvet touch bags? I only see terploc I think it was called.
1A7FE2C6-BF98-42B4-921C-F3ED780056FB.png

I should say I’ve always kept my bags in a wine fridge which is set at 60 degrees. I’ve no idea how they would perform at higher or lower temps.

I should say I’ve always kept my bags in a wine fridge which is set at 60 degrees. I’ve no idea how they would perform at higher or lower temps.
Ohh the child resistant got it. Missed the word velvet somehow. My temps are pretty steady between 70 and 72 in the RVs so It should be fine.

I keep my weed separate as well. I tried the ounce bags but found the seal was not as trustworthy as the velvet touch 1/4 bags. My buds got crispy after a couple months in the regular seal small bags whereas buds in the 1/4 bags are super fresh after a year. I would suggest at least one velvet touch bag to compare any differences after a few months.
Grove suggests you heat seal the smaller bags which says a lot.
Their rep says that with the 5 track zipper and child resistant bags heat sealing is less important (still recommended)

I do heat seal mine however this time I stuffed all the unsealed bags loosely in a big gusseted foodsaver bag and sealed that. Trying to be cheap and manage odor. I will wait a couple of weeks to see the result.

Their rep says that with the 5 track zipper and child resistant bags heat sealing is less important (still recommended)

I do heat seal mine however this time I stuffed all the unsealed bags loosely in a big gusseted foodsaver bag and sealed that. Trying to be cheap and manage odor. I will wait a couple of weeks to see the result.
That's a good idea! Honestly though my wife goes through it so fast IDK if it would be worth actually heat sealing them at least until I get a good perpetual grow going. I just like the fact of only buying a box of the grove bags rather than finding jars, then humidity packs, then hygrometers etc. seems easier 😁

I agree with many of the grove bag users here have shared with you. I have bought 1/4 & 1 ounces, 1/4 pounds, and 1 pound bags several times. Twice I have bought the 1 ounces and have had failures with the zip locks tearing from the bag. To be fair, I may have been maybe opening and closing them to often. So, now in order to avoid the lock breaking, I buy the bigger bags and open them to grab an ounce or so to put in jars or reefer containers for weed i use everyday in order to avoid the grove bag zip lock breaking. Otherwise, I have comparatively tested for the period of 1 year a ball jar vs a grove bag. Without lab testing the jar "appeared to be a little "fresher" than the Grove bag. Fresher meaning less dry and a little bit more terpier. But, I also used the Boost 58's in the Ball jars. I believe Grove bags for the win for convenience, portability, space saving, and not having to fkn burp so many jars. Yes-shipping cost sucks from them and have emailed them to question why...no response/support from them. The last time I ordered from a internet retailer to save shipping costs--but don't recall who that was.

I agree with many of the grove bag users here have shared with you. I have bought 1/4 & 1 ounces, 1/4 pounds, and 1 pound bags several times. Twice I have bought the 1 ounces and have had failures with the zip locks tearing from the bag. To be fair, I may have been maybe opening and closing them to often. So, now in order to avoid the lock breaking, I buy the bigger bags and open them to grab an ounce or so to put in jars or reefer containers for weed i use everyday in order to avoid the grove bag zip lock breaking. Otherwise, I have comparatively tested for the period of 1 year a ball jar vs a grove bag. Without lab testing the jar "appeared to be a little "fresher" than the Grove bag. Fresher meaning less dry and a little bit more terpier. But, I also used the Boost 58's in the Ball jars. I believe Grove bags for the win for convenience, portability, space saving, and not having to fkn burp so many jars. Yes-shipping cost sucks from them and have emailed them to question why...no response/support from them. The last time I ordered from a internet retailer to save shipping costs--but don't recall who that was.
Interesting 1 year test pretty cool. I'm still on search for someone who buys bulk from them and uses USPS rather than FedEx. They are US based so It just doesn't make sense. Lol I found some off brand looks identical and super cheap I may try them just for testing purposes see if they are worthy for short term storage like I would need them for.

That's a good idea! Honestly though my wife goes through it so fast IDK if it would be worth actually heat sealing them at least until I get a good perpetual grow going. I just like the fact of only buying a box of the grove bags rather than finding jars, then humidity packs, then hygrometers etc. seems easier 😁
:pighug: Don’t know yet if it is a good idea. I will decide in a week or 2.

My process has been to do a "relaxed" wet trim, dry and bag them for a couple of weeks, then do a finer manicure and rebag them.

This time I might manicure as I consume, when I open a bag. But if I can go the first few weeks without heatsealing before manicure and seal, then I get a few more uses from each bag before running out of room for the sealer.

My region and townhouse are very humid (today in the mid 90's rH) so the main issue with not sealing the first few weeks is odor.

Like Ideopathic Neuropathy said, yes MUCH easier not having to burp and monitor the first couple of months.

Theres an (Irish?) saying "In times of good harvest, set an extra plate at the table" The quarter ounce bags are perfect for gifting.

Oh I forgot
They recommend using a moisture meter to help decide when to bag them, and I agree. They are only 15 bucks from amazon and last forever.

Doh!
I just realized that when I run clones, I don't need to bag plants separately because there are no phenotypes.

In this case the quarter pound bags are a better option, at least for the initial cure.

:pighug: Don’t know yet if it is a good idea. I will decide in a week or 2.

My process has been to do a "relaxed" wet trim, dry and bag them for a couple of weeks, then do a finer manicure and rebag them.

This time I might manicure as I consume, when I open a bag. But if I can go the first few weeks without heatsealing before manicure and seal, then I get a few more uses from each bag before running out of room for the sealer.

My region and townhouse are very humid (today in the mid 90's rH) so the main issue with not sealing the first few weeks is odor.

Like Ideopathic Neuropathy said, yes MUCH easier not having to burp and monitor the first couple of months.

Theres an (Irish?) saying "In times of good harvest, set an extra plate at the table" The quarter ounce bags are perfect for gifting.

Oh I forgot
They recommend using a moisture meter to help decide when to bag them, and I agree. They are only 15 bucks from amazon and last forever.
Cool I just saved a wood moisture meter to the cart. I am trying to get grove bags to give me a promo for free shipping 🤣 I told them I'd buy a bundle if they cut the shipping costs. Nothing yet. Didn't they used to be on here?

Back