Growing media... soil, coir, pebbles, etc

I buy my coco from the pet store. I get 3 bricks for 9 bucks. I also use lava rocks in my dwc and flood tables. Sometimes I mix perlite into my coco sometimes I dont, just depends how I feel that day lol.

I use Sta-green garden soil from Lowe's. I have just completed my first grow so I not an expert at all.

It was a Nirvana Blue Mystic Auto started in a space bucket ended up in a 2x4 tent. I have three more in the tent in the same Soil.

Soil: Sta-green (off brand) in 2 gallon pot
Nutrients: Hasta-Gro 6-12-6
Lights: CFL and LED
Yield: 31grams dry flower

Curing in jars now have not smoked any yet.
Not shabby for a first grow of a single plant that was started in a bucket. The only bad thing about bagged soil from lowes or home depot is that it all has time release fertilizer in it. Promix is another peat based medium that worked well for me in the past.

Thanks, @Free Flow !!!!!! Your right that will is preloaded with fertilizer. That's kinda why I want to go with a plain organic soil next round. I want to have better control of the feed.

I started out in the space bucket and once I saw those flowers start developing I knew this is a hobby I can get into. So I upgraded to a tent..

I'm using 1 9L bag or pro mix perlite mixed with 50L bag of Canna Coco. I find it's a nice airy mix . I use that mix in fabric pots. My girls are thriving .

I'm going to try a different soil next round. The sta-green is a peat based soil and I think it does fine. I just want to try different things to see what works best.

I didn't do a journal on my first grow, I was a little reluctant in case it went bad. I did keep a journal as went along.

That's kinda my take on the issue. I dknt wanna publish my grows until they start coming out nice. I did however start a new seed today. Got it soaking right now... Royal Bluematic Auto from Royal Queen seeds. Beginning of a 4 plant perpetual grow cycle. I figure in about 2 or 3 weeks I'll start on another seed, probably Pineapple Express auto from Fastbuds, then continue the process until all 4 plants are going. My only issue is I dont know how long this Sweet Skunk auto is gonna flower for. It's already on week 5 day 5. Then I got a Super skunk auto by vision seeds on week 5 day 3.

I bought some OMRI certified organic soil at Lowe’s because it was super cheap. I think Kellogg’s.

Will never do that again. Found plastic bits, painted wood and just plain garbage. Found out that “Forrest products” as an ingredient means “recycling.”

Will make my own soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next grow I plan to use a locally sourced soil. There are several places in my area that make and sale everything from organic compost to organic rose soils. Gonna go local.....

@DaleR I wish they made good soil like that here locally. I would probably do that myself yet at the same time I dont need any unwanted attention about it. Thinking about seeing if I can go online and get some supersoil from Ebay or something until I can make my own.

Pretty neat to see the piles of ingredients in different stages of readiness.

My next grow I plan to use a locally sourced soil. There are several places in my area that make and sale everything from organic compost to organic rose soils. Gonna go local.....

@DaleR I wish they made good soil like that here locally. I would probably do that myself yet at the same time I dont need any unwanted attention about it. Thinking about seeing if I can go online and get some supersoil from Ebay or something until I can make my own.

Roots Organic soil!! Just water!! Want more? Add the grow and bloom teas!

Back