Growing media... soil, coir, pebbles, etc

B Squared

New User
Reaction score
Just wondering what other people are using or had used for their grows, as well as the ratios. Has anyone tried some of the cheaper home depot soils like kellogg raised bed or mg nature’s cure?

I’m using 40% happy frog 40% pure coco and 20% perlite

I am using Coco Loco and rice hulls (instead of perlite)

I'm currently using the Jiffy seed starting peat mix. You find it near the seed package section for around 5 bucks for 12 qt. I also add in roughly 1/3rd perlite but as long as you dont use the jiffy pots, you'll be doing good. Here is a pic from earlier today on my sweet skunk auto from royal queen seeds. Week 5 day 2

I am gonna make the transition to coco coir to see how that works for my next run. I'll be doing 4 in 3 gal. Instead of 2 in 5. I got the coco from home depot, burpee seed starting coco? It's like 2.85 for a 1lb. brick. 8 qts and of course you cant go wrong with mixing 1/2 to 1/4 perlite in there... I buffered mine with cal/mag since I'm using LED's.

Attachments

• 20190429_194422.jpg
    20190429_194422.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 71
Mine is a mixture of:
Atami Coco 50%
Biobiz Light Mix Soil 20%
Plagron Perlite 30%
Bio Tabs Startrex 70g
Bio Tabs Mycotrex 3g
Bio Tabs Silicium Flash 70g
40b bat guano pebbles
They also got 2g of Bio Tabs Mycotrex in the seed hole and 3 half biotabs tablets in 5cm 10cm and 15 cm

thats in 18.5L pots

Here is my diary if you want to hop on!

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...sto-bio-tabs-chilled-auto-smart-pot-etc.71255

Happy growing!

I've used general hydroponics and botanicare coco and I'll be switching back to Growpito's Rockwool

I use Sta-green garden soil from Lowe's. I have just completed my first grow so I not an expert at all.

It was a Nirvana Blue Mystic Auto started in a space bucket ended up in a 2x4 tent. I have three more in the tent in the same Soil.

Soil: Sta-green (off brand) in 2 gallon pot
Nutrients: Hasta-Gro 6-12-6
Lights: CFL and LED
Yield: 31grams dry flower

Curing in jars now have not smoked any yet.

I'm kinda anxious to see what this burpee coco coir does for me.. I am using the jiffy peat seed starting mix soil atm and I have only 2 autos in 5 gal fabric pots. Sweet Skunk auto from Royal Queen seeds and Super Skunk auto from Vision seeds. Both seem to be going pretty well. The super skunk kinda stunted because I put it in a jiffy coco bio degradable pot and I think it might be root bound in the pot but still pushing as hard as it can. Roughly around the same size as the other now but I wanna see what the coco has in store. Starting up the 2nd grow on Friday. Might start a journal if I can figure out how to do that... I'm bad at keeping up with shit though. Lol

I'm going to try a different soil next round. The sta-green is a peat based soil and I think it does fine. I just want to try different things to see what works best.

I didn't do a journal on my first grow, I was a little reluctant in case it went bad. I did keep a journal as went along.

Back