Harder than I thought.

Would you keep pushing or would you scrap it and start again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It might be a bit of both ph and overwatering. I’ve never even put my hand in dirt so I am hovering over it like a hawk. I need to chill out. I also forgot to soak the soil before I put it in.
Watering seedlings is the hardest thing to get used to I think in the beginning.. especially in big pots. I like to grow them in solo cups and let them get root bound a bit then transplant into a big pot. With big pots it’s pretty much best just to water a small amount around the circumference of the seedling. Increase watering size as the seedling gets wider

With the yellowing leafs I actually think it’s a ph issue either that or you’re overfeeding/watering. They only need up to like 30-50ml a day most of the time for their first week
Watering seedlings is the hardest thing to get used to I think in the beginning.. especially in big pots. I like to grow them in solo cups and let them get root bound a bit then transplant into a big pot. With big pots it’s pretty much best just to water a small amount around the circumference of the seedling. Increase watering size as the seedling gets wider
thank you for that and I agree the watering is so hard! I want to help it along but I don’t want to over do it. I’m going to try the solo cup method. Have you had any issues by transplanting? And do you put it in a 3gal of 5 gal?

thank you for that and I agree the watering is so hard! I want to help it along but I don’t want to over do it. I’m going to try the solo cup method. Have you had any issues by transplanting? And do you put it in a 3gal of 5 gal?
Check out our DIY section, there is a thread about instatransplant cups using two solos. An inner one with the bottom and 3-4 large panels cut out of the side up to the ridges at the shoulder of the side panel and an outer solo to keep it all together. The outer one needs 4-5 holes poked in the bottom. I use an exacto hobby knife. Then put the skeletal one inside the holey one and fill with soil. When ready to transplant, make your hole in the big pot( 5-7 gal ) using a solo… or the one you’re planting, and slide the outer cup off. This may take a touch of effort. Then plant inner cup with seedling/early veg in the solo shaped hole you made. Ta-dah! There are pics over at DIY

I let mine ride it out trimmed yellowing of at week 3 it's over watering or to much light I do that too they are somewhat resilient but yet fragile so good luck on your grow

hi all, new to growing and the forum but I have really enjoyed both so far. On my first grow and I’m pretty sure something is wrong with my first plant.
2x2 tent
Ts1000 light 24 inches away about 60 power
Temp 24c-28c
Humidity 65-73

the cotyledon leaves were deformed when it first sprouted now their a brownish black. Very little growth in the past 7 days after sprouting I’m about to just start over but I’m curious would you continue with this plant or scrap it.
“I apologize if this is the wrong place to post. “
7 days after sprouting? I see no problem, it can take 10 days to 2 weeks for a seedling to get decently rooted and start vegetative growth.

Yes from sprout. I was nervous because the black/yellow on the starter leaves.
Sometimes they can die off right away after the first true set grows, sometimed they hold on until the stalk literally stretches them right off the plant. That happened to me. As long as the true leaves are ok and its only the first week or so you're ok.

Just keep an eye on it and, give it a little water every few days while the roots take hold. Keep temps amd humidity pretty close to an optimal range. I always say +/- 5°F and 10% rh from the reccomended ranges is ok. May cause growth to be a little slower but it shouldnt hurt. You'll see it take off soon enough.

You could go either, whichever you're more comfortable with. But as a rule of thumb the biggee the pot the bigger potential plant.

Back