Help my poor purple punch

Oilcan

New User
Reaction score
3 weeks ago my purple punch auto took a downward turn. I’m growing in 5gal fabric pots with happy frog soil and perlite 70/30 mix. I’m using reefertilizer for nutrients and following the auto feed schedule. I thought I may have been over watering. I let her dry up enough but she always is droopy and wilted looking. Once fed she perks up a little then right back to looking like dog shit. I cut the amount down to 2L. I’m on day 53. Soil ph 6.4. Light is 480 watts led at 18 inches.any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4559.jpeg
    IMG_4559.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4561.jpeg
    IMG_4561.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4583.jpeg
    IMG_4583.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4621.jpeg
    IMG_4621.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4622.jpeg
    IMG_4622.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4658.jpeg
    IMG_4658.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4630.jpeg
    IMG_4630.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4660.jpeg
    IMG_4660.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4668.jpeg
    IMG_4668.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4670.jpeg
    IMG_4670.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4691.jpeg
    IMG_4691.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
3 weeks ago my purple punch auto took a downward turn. I’m growing in 5gal fabric pots with happy frog soil and perlite 70/30 mix. I’m using reefertilizer for nutrients and following the auto feed schedule. I thought I may have been over watering. I let her dry up enough but she always is droopy and wilted looking. Once fed she perks up a little then right back to looking like dog shit. I cut the amount down to 2L. I’m on day 53. Soil ph 6.4. Light is 480 watts led at 18 inches.any help would be appreciated
I think you should check the weight of the bags before water and after, and then once an hour, remember a liter of water weighs a kilo, if they perk after a water and start drooping soon after, my guess would be that the soil isnt holding enough liquids, the plant isnt getting enough after the initial burst, the weight of the bags will indicate how much they soak up, how fast its been drank and evaporated by the plant and through the bag.

The medium looks high in perlite? with little fiberous matter to absorb liquids, if so you may have water more often, every couple of hours maybe.

You may find that the bag has dry pockets or is very dry to the outer edges of the bag, dig down a little see if you can find overly dry area's.

480w light @18 inch away is probly hurting them
. I use my 300w light @ 50/60 % power any higher and the plants would suffer,
Try raise your light and reduce power

It's very hard to overwater fabric pots so I doubt it's that,

Rule of thumb I follow...if the leaf itself but not it's stem is drooping the leaf is not aspirating the water fast enough thereby weighing it down so I give it less. If the leaf and it's stem are droopy it needs watering, there's not enough to keep the stem turgid and eventually your main stalk will lean over.

:yeahthat: also make sure you use a surfactantat least once every few weeks. Helps break surface tension of water allowing to flow through the entire pot, even hydrophobic pockets that develop, all it takes is the pot getting too dry once and I guarantee theres hydrophobic areas below the surface. I use yucca every other week

:yeahthat: also make sure you use a surfactantat least once every few weeks. Helps break surface tension of water allowing to flow through the entire pot, even hydrophobic pockets that develop, all it takes is the pot getting too dry once and I guarantee theres hydrophobic areas below the surface. I use yucca every other week
Thanks for all your advice

Back