New Grower Killing plants w/Luke (Grow Journal)

Luketheduke

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Strains- Gorilla Glue, G18, Purple Punch

Medium- 1/2 Miracle Grow potting mix. 1/2 seed starter mix w perlite
Then..
Happy frog mixed w perlite

Phing water to 6.3-6.4

Dec 15- 8 am- Starting to germinate 3 seeds. 1 in water. 2 in wet paper towel.

Dec 16- 8 am- Water seed has germed w tap root showing. Paper towel seeds unresponsive.

Dec 17- Left water seed in cup to grow taproot longer. 1 paper towel seed has germinated.

Dec 18- All seed germed and have taproots visible. Seeds planted in 5 Gallon Buckets w air holes drilled in sides. (I regret this one down the road)

Dec 19- The seed that germinated in the water henceforth referred to as "cupseed" is the first to sprout. Humidifier and heater are running in the room. Temp is 75° rh 80%.

Dec 20- Cupseed is alive and well. Other seeds are unresponsive.

Dec 21- cupseed is 3 inches and got its first true leaves. 2 seeds are duds. On this day i recieved advice from the community regarding my DIY grow room amd shitty soil choice. I ordered a grow kit from mars hydro for the plants until I could get the time to fix the bigger homemade room. Also picked up some happy frog and perlite.
I also start to germinate 3x G18 Seeds on this day to replace the duds.

Dec 23- Cupseed doing well. All 3 of the G18 have been planted in solo cups and 1 has sprouted.

*5 days binging on drugs i dont remember*

Dec 28- All plants seem happy and growing.

Dec 29- Cupseed is okay and growiing, Now has 4 leaves. 1 of the G18 is having some issues yellowing. Possible nute burn from hot soil. Lights dimmed 10% just in case its light stress.
Today my PH amd TDS meter arrived along w my fox farm nutes trio pack and some PH up and down.
I have my suspicions that this G18 is a photoperiod and not an auto.... Thanks a lot i49.

Dec 30- 1 G18 is sick. Other plants seem fine. Still working on the yellowing and I make the mistake of starting nutes today because im a noob and thought the yellowing was because it was hungry. (I didnt realize the miracle gro was already causing the issue)

Dec 31- Cupseed drooping and wilted. (Overwatered) 1 G18 sick (hot soil/nute burn) 2 G18 healthy.

Jan 1- Cupseed almost dead. Soil aerated in last dotch effort to save the roots w oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide and water injected into root area from bottom of pot.

Sick G18- This one grew too big too fast to transplant. Unfortunately Itll just have to ride and see how it goes.

2 healthy G18- these girls are smaller but in good shape. Ill transplant them into the ff happy frog I think.

Jan 2- The overwatering issues have stunted almost all the plants. Jesus I suck.

Jan 3- Im supposed to water today but they all still seem moist so im gunna wait. Today I start germinating 2 Purple punch seeds.

Jan 4- all the plants are gradually showing improvement w the peroxide mixed in the water. That may have saved the plants. All but cupseed are back to growing. Mars hydro tent arrives w. growlight. Set it all up and move plants in.

Jan 5- Planting both the purple punch seeds today.

Jan 6- Sick plants are improving. Temp 75° rh 85%

Jan 7- CS barely growing at all. Both Purple Punch have sprouted. The sick G18 is growing fast and still looking sick. 2 healthy G18 doing good.

Jan 8- Transplanted Cupseed and the G18s into the fox farms happy frog mixed w perlite.

Jan 9- letting plants recover

Jan 10- Cupseed is being stunted little shithead. The Purple punch and G18 are growing fine. I watered them all about 1 cup each. Except the sprouts. They just got a few squirts.

Jan 11- stems are maturing om the G18s and getting thicker. Purple punch seem healthy. Ill transplant in 3 days if they stay on track.

Jan.12- Plants doing well all progressing.

Jan 13- G18s are now 3 weeks from sprout. They almost look ready for 1 liter feeds. Will start w half and work up.

Jan 14- Moving Purple Punch to new container. Now 1 week old. All pla ts progressing. Cupseed very very very slowly.

Jan 17- problems woth the sickly G18 plant again. Leaves yellowing/browning in the outer mid area.

Jan 18- cupseed is alive but no longer growing. Starting 1 liter feeds for all but cupseed. For some reason this one is just too small and wont grow like the others.

Jan 20- G18s are 4 weeks old. Cup seed has pistils showing. Temp 72 rh 70%

Jan 21- Purple Punch are 2 weeks old. G18 and PP both need water and are watered.

Jan 22- clean up the water trays. Dry out the floor of the grow room to keep all bacteria and any fungus or mold away.

Jan 23. Cupseed is 5 weeks old. The sickly G18 is definitely suffering from nute burn. Leaves twisted yellowing and drying. Slurry test shows 6.19. Ill have to raise the PH of the water my next few feeds to get the soil PH back on a better zone like 6.4-6.5

Jan 26- PH water to 6.6 to try and raise soil ph. No nutes. Sickly G18 seems to be dying. All other pla ts alive and well.

Jan 27- G18s are 5 weeks.

Jan 28- PPs are 3 weeks old. Temp 75 RH 70%. None of the G18s are showing sex. I think they may all be photos besides cup seed. W.T.F.

Jan 29- watered all the plants. Half a liter to PP. 1 Liter to the G18s

Jan 30- Cupseed 6 weeks. Its only a foot tall and I can start to see where the bud sites will be as pistils form around them.

Jan 31- Watered again.

Feb 1 - change lights to 12/12 to start tryong to get plants to flower. (Because most of them are photos)

By this time Im running out of room on the small 2'x2' grow tent and my 6 plants. So today I order 2 more grow lights. This time I get Sayhon sh1000 for outside. And order what I need to get a few of the plants moved back into the larger DIY grow tent.

Feb 1 - Mixed 1/2 strength dose of fox farms grow big w 1 gallong of water. Then fed 1 liter to the healthy G18 plants. The other plants are just watered w reghlar PHd water, no nutes.

Feb 2- you can see moisture on the leaves from crowding. Plants are fighting for space. I need those lights to hurry tf up.

Feb 3- weird marks on PP plants leaves. Almost canoeing downward? But still green. No yellowing le drooping. Watered the plants.

Feb 4- lights came. DIY grow tent is almost done. Lights set up. Plants moved into new home. Temp and rh holding in grow tents. I just need to get 1 more tarp for the roof to completely 100% block all light from the top. Right now it blocks about 80%.
Fixed up light leaks on the walls.

Feb 5- bought the tarp to fix the roof. The sick G18 and the 2 PP are the ones going in the DIY room. Tomorrow ill put the tarp on. I bought a heater to help keep them from freezing during the winter since they are in garages. Temp is 75 rh 65%.

Will keep updating as I go.

Here's the updated DIY in my garage.

Attachments

• 0205211920.jpg
    0205211920.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 0205211920b.jpg
    0205211920b.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 71
@Mañ'O'Green
@420Forever

Hey bros one of the plants was starting to have this pattern on the leaves. Some have said virus. But Im not 100% sure. The purple punch its affecting in the pic is 4 weeks old w/ no nutes. The other PP (same age) is now getting the marks too.

Is it a sign to test the soil ph? And if the ph is correct its likely time to start half strength doses of the lowest strength feed from my fox farms trio right?

Attachments

• 0205211922a.jpg
    0205211922a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
@Mañ'O'Green
@420Forever

Hey bros one of the plants was starting to have this pattern on the leaves. Some have said virus. But Im not 100% sure. The purple punch its affecting in the pic is 4 weeks old w/ no nutes. The other PP (same age) is now getting the marks too.

Is it a sign to test the soil ph? And if the ph is correct its likely time to start half strength doses of the lowest strength feed from my fox farms trio right?
That looks like a Mg deficiency to me but what is causing it? Too Much or Too little something?

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg
Too much K or Ca or not enough Mg?

Go read this to see if you can figure out where you have gone wrong:

That looks like a Mg deficiency to me but what is causing it? Too Much or Too little something?

View attachment 1284249 Too much K or Ca or not enough Mg?

Ok ill read it now

These pruple punch havent had any feed yet. Just normal water. PHd at 6.5. So unless the happy frog was way too hot 4 weeks into the grow, I either have a ph issue or its hungry. Time for the slurry.

Im gunna have to slurry my G18 tomorrow as well any way because the edges of the leafs are starting to change color. And those ones are about due to start being fed if the PH is on track since they are 6 weeks old I would imagine.

Ill run all the slurrys later on today or tomorrow and see what results it brings.

Feb 6- put the last tarp on top of my DIY grow tent. Now its a shit ton darker during the night cycle so thats nice. The temp dropped down to 56 for about 30 minutes before I caught it and corrected.

The Purple punch are having some issues w lower leaves. Going to slurry test all the plant mediums except the gorilla glue tomorrow. I watered today w no nutes.

I also mixed a gallon of water with 1 tsp of fox farms grow big then PHd it to 6.5. I think my next time I water Im going give a light feeding if the slurry tests come back good on the G18. The purple punch shouldnt need nutes for another couple weeks though, So i suspect a ph issue with them.

Ok! So ive made a spreadsheet for each plant to monitor everything on one chart. Ec, PHs, dates, nutes used, amounts. All that stuff. I probably shouldve done all that from the start.

Its a lesrning process, but I am committed.

Feb 7- SLURRY DAY! In the outside garage inside the DIY tent. My Purple Punch 1 (PP1) drank 1 liter. Will reduce to 1/2-3/4 of a liter next time. It got no nutrients. EC .3 , PPM 159. Collected PH of run off 6.25. PPM of run off 1219. Slurry test- 7.1 (Instructed to lower ph of next water to 6 0 to lower soil ph).

**Please note I do not normally water all plants till run off, this is only a one time occurence to gain information from the plants due to issues I am currently experiencing.**

The other Purple Punch plant (PP2), is still sick. They both have canoeing down and spotting as the below picture shows. Its soil was still moist so I didnt water today. Ill let it dry out a bit and check again tomorrow. I did do the slurry test on PP2 results- 6.7 so thats not too bad.
0205211922a.jpg

Ok last plant inside is my Sickly weird looking G18 I just call it "Sick G18" drank 1 Liter today, no nutrients, PPM 159 , PH 6.5, EC .3. The runoff PH 6.29 and runoff PPM 505. Slurry test results- 5.83. Going to raise PH of next watering to 7 in an attempt to raise the PH of the soil.

On to my attached garage, In the mars hydro grow tent sits the 2 healthy G18 and the 1 runted stunted Gorilla Glue AutoFlower (aka Cupseed). G18-1 is drank 1 liter with no nutes. PPM 159, PH 6.5. It did not have run off. Slurry Test result- 7.02 going lower the PH of next waterings to 6.0 im order to lower wool PH.

G18-2 the meter still showed she had enough water and the knuckle test showed soil was still moist. Waiting till tomorrow to give her water. Slurry test result-7.2b going to lower the waters PH to 6.0 tomorrow to try andlower soil PH.

And Cupseed, absolute beast of a runt has barely hed on this whole time, now In flower. Only drank 2 cups. I dont want to drown the little dude since hes only a foot and doesnt have big branches or anythig. PPM of the water was 159, PH was 6.5. Slurry test result- 6.55. So this one is right on track.

Back