Help! New to using 2 Part MC in Coco with AutoPots

Need4Weed

Searching for that poontang pheno
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Creme da la Chem, Purple Nuggets, Grape Crinkle
As the title says, I just received a large order of the 2 Part Mega Crop & I'm going to need help, as I've only experimented with the bloom part. A big shout out & special thanks to @Dabber for his assistance and generosity! :d5: :vibe: I dropped the following seeds yesterday evening! Purple Nuggets, Grape Walker Kush, Grape Crinkle & 2x Creme da la Chem. Earlier tonight, they were planted in coco seedling pots to finish germinating. I have them on a heat mat located in my oven. They are situated in a cut-out seed starting tray with dome & vents. The plan is to transplant to their final pots once I'm sure they are healthy enough to survive without the dome. One of the CDLCs sunk right away & didn't have a tail showing when I planted, so I'm thinking it probably won't sprout. Lighting will be 3x MarsHydro TS-1000 & California Lightworks Solar Extreme 250. Besides MC, I plan on using SM-90 through early veg. Silica Blast, Purpinator, Hydroguard & Drip Clean, Sensizym & Flora-Kleen for a pre-flower flush. Some of you may think I'm using too many additives and that MC has everything a plant needs. I'm open for discussion & I consider my self not to be hard headed, (at least when it comes to growing :rofl:). So convince me what I need to ditch! Not much more to say, I got the usual things needed to grow. Converted 1/2 bath with plenty of room for 4 plants. 6 in extraction fan & carbon filter on a temp controller. Humidifier & dehum as needed. Here's a pic of the germ station & thanks for stopping by! Happy growing! :peace: :pass:

IMG_20220222_211717.jpg

I am using Mega Crop 2 part as my base nutrients. The biggest problem is at the lower PPMs we use for autoflowers is the MC is out of balance at those PPMs. Then in mid to late flower there is just way too much nitrogen. I am working on these issues in my current grow. I discovered a math/logic error in my spreadsheet and was way over feeding K. I caught it yesterday and have stopped the Ca -Mg lock-out that just started. I may have the solution for the N problem with Soluble Calcium Sulfate. For many years I believed that Gypsum was not water soluble. I have just learned that is not entirely true. Being able to add calcium without N should solve this problem in mid to late flower.

I use Kelp, Humic Acid, Yucca Powder, B-Vitamins, Silica, Amino Acids, Omina, Nitric Acid (PH down), Phosphoric Acid (PH down), potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate (PH up), Molasses (last week of flower), HydroGuard (only when indicated) and Bud Candy (once two weeks before harvest). So no, I don't think you use too many additives.

Here is my current grow:

I need to put that in my signature :rofl: .

The biggest problem is at the lower PPMs we use for autoflowers is the MC is out of balance at those PPMs.
I thought that was the problem with the original MC? :shrug:

For many years I believed that Gypsum was not water soluble
I just watched a video where they, (I know, who the fuk is they? :rofl:), were talking about Gypsum adding calcium and they, (not again! :crying:), also said it provided something else. I think they, (what can i say :doh:), also said it added humic acid, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Here is my current grow:

'm headed there now! :pass:

First thing is I have used gypsum in farming outdoor soil since I was a child but the literature on the subject when I first grew hydroponic lettuce in the 70s stated that it was not water soluble! I did not even question that belief until recently because I am looking for a source of calcium that will not add nitrogen to my formula. This article has changed my mind.

Yes gypsum is calcium sulfate. The sulfate part will add sulfur to the formula. According to Harley Smith cannabis can tolerate a huge amount of sulfur so the little the gypsum will add is insignificant.

Plant Nutrition.jpg

MC 2 part still has a problem with too much Nitrogen in mid to late flower with the two part. Part B is calcium Nitrate and in order to get enough calcium the Nitrogen goes way above what I want.

First thing is I have used gypsum in farming outdoor soil since I was a child but the literature on the subject when I first grew hydroponic lettuce in the 70s stated that it was not water soluble! I did not even question that belief until recently because I am looking for a source of calcium that will not add nitrogen to my formula. This article has changed my mind.

Yes gypsum is calcium sulfate. The sulfate part will add sulfur to the formula. According to Harley Smith cannabis can tolerate a huge amount of sulfur so the little the gypsum will add is insignificant.

View attachment 1423842

MC 2 part still has a problem with too much Nitrogen in mid to late flower with the two part. Part B is calcium Nitrate and in order to get enough calcium the Nitrogen goes way above what I want.
I eagerly await your updated results before my grow next fall. :pighug::biggrin:

I am hydrating the ION meters and will test the Soluble Calcium Sulfate tomorrow. The meters need to be hydrated overnight and calibrated before use. I got the SCS today.

soluble calcium sulfate.jpg
_DSC4442.JPG

I will put 1 gram in a gallon of distilled water. Figure out how long it takes to dissolve and measure the Ca in EC/PPM. Then I can measure the total EC/PPM. Subtract the Ca from the total and that will give me the EC/PPM of the Sulfur.

Bad news fellow growers! I had a couple seeds break ground, but never did do much after that. Upon further examination, it appears that they were cooked! :hothot: After further inspection, I've decided the heat mat was the culprit and I should have removed it after placing them under the light, (temps inside the dome got up to 89F.). Live & learn, but try not to make the same mistake twice is what I say. I'm going to wait a couple days before I drop again, as the moon signs will be more favorable. Thanks for stopping by and happy growing! :peace: :pass:

Back