Help Question on Seedlings (Autos)

As others have stated FFOF is considered pretty “hot” as far as a potting soil mix. I usually tend to use happy frog because of the issues you’re having.

Thank you so much for this information! You guys are the best here. Did the seedlings recover and continue to grow in FFOF?
Not the stunted ones. Completely stopped growing. Tossed them. It was four plants, two grew fine, but two in straight OF just stalled and went right into flower at about six inches, other two I had cut with other soil and they grew to 36 inches. I never used OF again after reading here it was hot.

Do not feed those babies for at least two weeks maybe longer FFOF is high on nutrients to start. Then start feeding with this according to FF.

ScreenHunter_298 Sep. 09 20.45.jpg

ScreenHunter_298 Sep. 09 20.28.jpg

It looks like you have some dry edges on your pots? Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

The Bloomspect 1200 will veg well until your new lights come in. Run both veg and flower at about 15".

These seedlings will most likely make it just remember to start in something a little more friendly next time.

Do not feed those babies for at least two weeks maybe longer FFOF is high on nutrients to start. Then start feeding with this according to FF.

View attachment 1237188

View attachment 1237187

It looks like you have some dry edges on your pots? Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and roots there will die. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

The Bloomspect 1200 will veg well until your new lights come in. Run both veg and flower at about 15".

These seedlings will most likely make it just remember to start in something a little more friendly next time.
Thank you, a friend was helping and I didn’t realize how hot FFOF was until everyone explained that. I should’ve done my research a little more intensely on it. Thanks a lot!!

Thank you, a friend was helping and I didn’t realize how hot FFOF was until everyone explained that. I should’ve done my research a little more intensely on it. Thanks a lot!!
I have a long history of things I wish I had done better............ and then I did! Just keep learning as you go. The best farmers hit a stride of their own at some point things just work for them. It will be your style. Have fun the plants like fun!

I've been watching this Auto BlueBerry Domina sprout since 0630hrs. and I know three things. 1.Tomorrow it's going in a 5gal. pre-moistened mix of FFOF/perlite, amended with Growin Green organic fertilizer. 2. Water only until week seven and 3. I'll have no hot soil or burn problems.
What I don't know is why others have problems. I'm certainly not a superior grower with magic water. I use tap, sourced from a hardwater aquifer.
FFOF has been very good for my autos. Can't be strain related, I grow many strains in this mix. Go figure.

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_082350561.jpg
    IMG_20200926_082350561.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200926_122458752.jpg
    IMG_20200926_122458752.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200926_122550184_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_122550184_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200926_122705905_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200926_122705905_HDR.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
If you have to use FFOF run some water through it and check the PPM of the run off. I'm not a primary soil grower but if its >500 PPM ( I would think) when using RO water I would flush the soil down some. You can always start nutrients earlier if the plants use everything in the soil from flushing, but you can't reuse a burnt plant lol. Good luck!

Back