New Grower Help

Reaction score
Hi guys, new grower here. Was just wondering what people thought of my little grow. Yes, the girls have problems. Im a little stumped because it seems that alot is happening at once but then again I'm not 100% sure what is happening. Any advice would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20210523_212849.jpg
    20210523_212849.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210523_212843.jpg
    20210523_212843.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210523_212900.jpg
    20210523_212900.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
Other than the light colored leaves they look like they’re doing ok. Are you providing any nitrogen in your feeds?Somebody more knowledgable than myself should pop in and give you some better feedback.

Other than the light colored leaves they look like they’re doing ok. Are you providing any nitrogen in your feeds. Somebody more knowledgable than myself should pop in and give you some better feedback.
No im not feeding it any nitrogen atm because I thought it might have excess phosphorus and really bad root ph (the ph was 3-4 like a week ago) causing lockout so my gut feeling was to flush them (flushed them in the shower. So flush is an understatment) and leave it a week and see what happens. Cheers for your input though mate I will definitely keep a nitrogen deff in mind

@Snoop fogg :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:They did not look all that bad. Flushing this late in a grow may cause more issues than they fix.

What nutrients etc. do you have on hand? What soil are the plants in? How are you testing the PH?

@Snoop fogg :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:They did not look all that bad. Flushing this late in a grow may cause more issues than they fix.

What nutrients etc. do you have on hand? What soil are the plants in? How are you testing the PH?
Well that makes me feel so much better :woohoo:thank you. I only flushed because a smell was coming from the tent (smelled like a wet garbage bin) and I suspected there was salt build up in the medium so I flushed and what came out was yellow/brown/red and did NOT smell good. As far as soil. Its hard to admit but I attempted a super soil type mix from whatever I had laying around. Now, I've done this before with alot of sucess, but they were outdoor and the soil mix had at least 1-2mth to sit there and "cook" before i used it. Unfortunately dude to having a new partner things got rushed and now instead of having nice beautifully decomposed soil im stuck with this sloppy mess. As far as nutes I have some liquid phosphorus (organic), liquid potassium (synthetic) and some alfalfa meal but thats about it. Also I'm testing the ph with a simple $10 ph meter cause im broke. The soil was supposed to take care of that lol thank you for taking the time to reply to my dumbass:bow:

Last edited:
You should get a balanced bloom fertilizer ASAP. You have washed the N-P-K out of the pot and the plant is going to get hungry fast.

Are your plants up on stands with an air-gap our are they in drip pans that stay wet? It smells like you may have some root rot going on?
If the sour smell is coming from the bottom of the pots get Botanicare HydroGuard to fix that or Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide. I personally use and recommend the HydroGuard but whichever you can get the fastest will work.

You should get a balanced bloom fertilizer ASAP. You have washed the N-P-K out of the pot and the plant is going to get hungry fast.

Are your plants up on stands with an air-gap our are they in drip pans that stay wet? It smells like you may have some root rot going on?
If the sour smell is coming from the bottom of the pots get Botanicare HydroGuard to fix that or Southern AG Garden Friendly Fungicide. I personally use and recommend the HydroGuard but whichever you can get the fastest will work.
Will do haha I was just concerned that it was nute burn but that makes sence that I've now washed the of most of its nutes and this is why its showing signs of deficiency. Yes there is a 2inch air gap with really nice airlow underneath all pot. About 1mth ago they were just in the tent on foam mats (to keep the roots off the cold ground) but i didn't like the vibe I got from inside the tent (I believe that if you dont like it in the tent and think its to loud or too hot then neither will the plants) so I moved them out, cleaned the tent, then put some wire shelf racks in to get them off the floor so the roots wouldn't get slimey. I will definitely look into getting those products or something similar. Sometimes all it takes it a different perspective to find the solution to the problem. The problem her being inpatients haha thank you again, what a great website :thumbsup:

Back