Hit The Brix

@KIS Due to the very high cost of soil testing here I can't afford to get one done , So I just have to hope I can get a balance some what right , :thumbsup:
I totally get that. Most soil tests I see where folks screw up is adding to much nitrogen, either from compost or amendments or teas. I'd amend low and then monitor your plant and have the tools on hand to feed if you need to. Things like fish hydrolysate, gypsum, epsom salt, and potassium sulfate.

I totally get that. Most soil tests I see where folks screw up is adding to much nitrogen, either from compost or amendments or teas. I'd amend low and then monitor your plant and have the tools on hand to feed if you need to. Things like fish hydrolysate, gypsum, epsom salt, and potassium sulfate.
ON point:

I don't know a lot about the subject but this video opened my mind to Brix and bio mass:shrug::pass:

Last edited:
@JM great video on nitrogen , @Kis Here is for question for you guys on adding fish frames - skin - ect to the soil when building , Now when I build my soil which is anything from 200 to 400 liter at a time and I have been adding it for a while now with each build . The amounts I use is what I think is needed , at this stage I have found I don't need to add external input of [ N ] , I don't see fade till about week 7 on a 10 week grow [ Autos ] Amounts I use is by amount of soil , When I first started I could get to the end of week 4 . That is when I started to add more . All fish waste used comes from wild caught fish .
ps JM -- KIS [ P-K ] I use Seabird Guano - liquid Seaweed . any videos on those . :thumbsup:

How would you guys like Dan to lay out nutrients from a to z for us?
And by that, I mean more the priciples and core concepts as wellas the actual tools and techniques?
I just met with him tonight... and will be working with him going foward. With the Bionutrient Food Asoccation!
BIG things coming to agriculture, food, growing, health, and so on!

@JM That would be a great idea mate . :thumbsup:

good!

1. and im working DIRECTLY with DAN Kittredge of BFA... and we'll be doing media RIGHITm out of BFA headquaerters! I'm in charge of tech!
2. Dan has agreed to particpate in some form or fashion with AFN!

So, if the powers that be here at AFN and the people here want it, I extend this offer to you... This is an opportunity ofr all of us to grow TREMENDOUSLY fast!

@Mossy Love you... I get to return with :forward:

oh yeah:

Go comment, like subscribe... let em know JM sent ya!
use #SWARMFORHEALTH

TFSN AIR FORCE SEEDS NOT BOMBS CLOSE UP 1-12-2024 11-09-47 PM.png

Last edited:
@JM great video on nitrogen , @Kis Here is for question for you guys on adding fish frames - skin - ect to the soil when building , Now when I build my soil which is anything from 200 to 400 liter at a time and I have been adding it for a while now with each build . The amounts I use is what I think is needed , at this stage I have found I don't need to add external input of [ N ] , I don't see fade till about week 7 on a 10 week grow [ Autos ] Amounts I use is by amount of soil , When I first started I could get to the end of week 4 . That is when I started to add more . All fish waste used comes from wild caught fish .
ps JM -- KIS [ P-K ] I use Seabird Guano - liquid Seaweed . any videos on those . :thumbsup:
There are so many variables when it comes to nitrogen amendments. If you've found something that works well for you, then I'd stick with it. The most important factor with N cycling is temperature, so you may get variable results if growing outdoors but indoors it should be very consistent in regards to N release. I've never used actual fish in my soil mixes but do you a fish based compost in our soil mix.

There are so many variables when it comes to nitrogen amendments. If you've found something that works well for you, then I'd stick with it. The most important factor with N cycling is temperature, so you may get variable results if growing outdoors but indoors it should be very consistent in regards to N release. I've never used actual fish in my soil mixes but do you a fish based compost in our soil mix.
excellent .. spot on.. and fish can be tricky.. type and source is important.. I know you've discussed this AT LENGTH on KIS

cheers!

Back