Hit The Brix

Believe it or not I have only just found this , still have a lot more reding to do . :clapper::clapper::clapper:

JM

Awesome! Share it! It's what triggered my journey! 2013 UnleashDaGreen many thanks to C-ray over there (now defunct forum) cheers!
Just FYI, there's very little to no evidence that brix correlates with anything of importance with crops like cannabis. It's valuable to know the sugars of a fruit crop, but brix does not increase pest resistance (source: entomologists), and you can have healthy or unhealthy plants with high brix. Just reducing watering will dehydrate the plant, concentrating sugars and raising brix, which is obviously not good for plant health.

Just FYI, there's very little to no evidence that brix correlates with anything of importance with crops like cannabis. It's valuable to know the sugars of a fruit crop, but brix does not increase pest resistance (source: entomologists), and you can have healthy or unhealthy plants with high brix. Just reducing watering will dehydrate the plant, concentrating sugars and raising brix, which is obviously not good for plant health.
There's a LOT more to it than that, but you CAN use brix as meteric.. but not in singkle readings, but rather as progressive of higher and higher briox as soil quality improves...
No bukllshit, and I'll site eviodence right here:

There's a LOT more to it than that, but you CAN use brix as meteric.. but not in singkle readings, but rather as progressive of higher and higher briox as soil quality improves...
No bukllshit, and I'll site eviodence right here:

I would politely disagree. Brix is simply a measure of dissolved solids. Sap testing is more interesting but also a lot more expensive. As I mentioned in my last post, brix can be raised simply by not watering. It's not a very useful metric in cannabis. I skimmed your video, and I don't think the meter they are discussing is a brix meter anyway. Though I have issues with this concept of Nutrient Density to a certain extent with vegetables, but I don't think it applies to cannabis either. We are not eating the cannabis, we are looking increase cannabinoid concentrations, terpene expression, and yield. None of this has been correlated to what some claim to be "nutrient density." I would much rather shoot for optimal mineral targets for a given crop (cannabis) in a balanced manner using soil and tissue testing.

@KIS @JM - Now these are the posts I like , Makes one think and it leads into more study , which I am doing . I have already been looking into another great topic @KIS , optimal mineral targets . :thumbsup:

@KIS @JM - Now these are the posts I like , Makes one think and it leads into more study , which I am doing . I have already been looking into another great topic @KIS , optimal mineral targets . :thumbsup:
So you're on point! lol
Now you can join the Regenerative ARMY! :)

Optimal mineral targets on soil tests or tissue test? We have metrics for this already, though with cannabis soil testing it's a bit of a broad stroke due to the wide variety in ways people grow and different environments and containers sizes. Also the genetic diversity is huge.

@KIS Due to the very high cost of soil testing here I can't afford to get one done , So I just have to hope I can get a balance some what right , :thumbsup:

Back