How soon is to soon to remove leaves autoflower?

I'll give it a try and see starting now.
Thanks. I was going by this chart.
Screenshot_20230728_074337_Samsung Internet.jpg

I just went and raised the light to give me DLI of 20 let's see what happens now.
The plant should grow up to find the DLI/PPFD it needs. I'd also try to do some leaf tucking/ponytailing to expose the lower nodes to light. Might be a little difficult with them right now, but a little stretch will help.

When I get a mature fifth node (day17-21) I begin training my autos, then two weeks later I do the pre-flower prune.
This is the method I employ for predictable grows.

Attachments

• After node removal Day 12.jpg
    After node removal Day 12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • Before removal.jpg
    Before removal.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • After removal.jpg
    After removal.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
Your plants look great! As for the defol and training, I’ve been experimenting with every plant the last few grows and so far I’m seeing that I can pretty much do whatever whenever I want as long I don’t abandon common sense 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m never comfortable giving growing advice but I do recommend to new growers to not be afraid to kill the plant. Feed em right and give em the loving temp and rh and commit to one defol method per plant as far as when and how much and take note of any differences. Don’t be afraid to “butcher” one plant and see how she does. That’s how I’ve gained a LOT of confidence in each grow. Good luck and you’re in the right place for advice, its the happiest place on earth!

@whitlow your plants are looking real nice! If you’re going to LST I would tie the main branch and get it bent over while they're still pliable and young. I like to loop a piece of cotton twine around the branch and use a binder clip to attach the twine to the side of the pot. I like using this method because you can adjust the tension as you go and you’re not relying on pre drilled holes for anchor points.
image.jpg

As for defoliation I personally will wait until my plants are well into flower and only remove the larger leaves that are blocking my budsites from receiving light. However your plants are quite a bit bushier so you may want to do it a little sooner. Just remember the leaves are where the plant produces its energy so if you take too many you will stunt it. You just want to remove enough so there’s room in the plant for air to circulate.

@whitlow your plants are looking real nice! If you’re going to LST I would tie the main branch and get it bent over while they're still pliable and young. I like to loop a piece of cotton twine around the branch and use a binder clip to attach the twine to the side of the pot. I like using this method because you can adjust the tension as you go and you’re not relying on pre drilled holes for anchor points.
View attachment 1624495

As for defoliation I personally will wait until my plants are well into flower and only remove the larger leaves that are blocking my budsites from receiving light. However your plants are quite a bit bushier so you may want to do it a little sooner. Just remember the leaves are where the plant produces its energy so if you take too many you will stunt it. You just want to remove enough so there’s room in the plant for air to circulate.
Training Tip - Easier manipulation if you keep the main stem vertical before bending apical.
Welcome to the site.

Attachments

• equal and opposite (2).jpg
    equal and opposite (2).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
Back