New Grower I probably should have waited until fall...

Iriee Vibez

Just a guy with 3 plants and a cabinet...
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gorilla Glue, BlackBerry
Hi AFN, after reading for weeks on this and other forums, I got the Autoflower grow bug. I ordered some autoflower seeds from Growers Choice, bought some premium composted dirt, 3 gallon fabric pots and was on my way.

I used the paper towel method to germinate two seeds and planted them in pots outside. (My wife isn't cool with growing in the house). Well, they both sprouted, but one plant died from what I later learned was overwatering. I tried to compensate for a couple of 95 degree days here in central California, and thought the heat was drying the soil out. The other plant died when my dog pulled the two week seedling out of the pot. Perhaps she was jealous of the time I was spending.

In any event, I decided that I needed to bring it indoors, and the garage was my only option. I bought an 2x2x5 grow cabinet kit that had a K3 Kind LED and DWC with top drip system. I have two 8 gallon reservoirs (but I use only one at a time). I also have a couple T5s to later help lighting the sides and lower canopies. I have two 110cfh exhaust fans with carbon filters and passive intakes.

With temps in garage already hitting 104 degrees and for several days, I didn't think I could grow in the summer. I just couldn't wait though, I bought an aqua air 1/10 hp water chiller and set it at 66 degrees. Decided to give it a shot.

June 5th - two plants sprouted from rock wool cubes (GG#4, and crititcal purple.)

June 7th - placed cubes in net pots filled with clay pebbles in DWC

June 24th

Here are my plants at 19 days from sprout. They just survived me leaving them for two days where the temps were 102 and 104 degrees. I didn't think they would make it. I can't even imagine what the temps in the cabinet was over the last two days! However, the reservoir is holding at 66 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Thanks Mazar.

I forgot to note that I am using advanced nutrients for this grow. I started out with the reservoir at 5.5 ph with a little voodoo juice and b-52. On June 19th, I changed the reservoir and added 1/4 strength of micro, grow, and bloom. Will go with quarter strength for another week or so and then go half strength.

Looking nice and healthy fams im growing some Growers choice seeds GG4 & NL right now pop in and check out my thread so you can see what’s to come for you... Also @Shinramen do a GCS GG4 right now check that out!!!
Good luck on your grow fams
Happy :growing:

Greenskell, I am surprised too. I thought for sure they were goners when I had to go for these last two 100+ degree days. I did turn off the led for those days, as a precaution, though. Left them with three T5s going. I am sure the temps in the cab were over 100, though, cause t was 99 when I saw came back last night.

I have the led going again, and even moved them a bit closer. Temps should be a bit cooler for the next few days. I will update at least weekly.

Back