Indoor growing demographics: How many of us are there, geographic distribution, auto vs. photo growers, etc.?

I can't say for the OK market; but in Colorado the black market is quite alive, and quite well. It's not uncommon to fetch a far better price selling on the black market than you'd ever be able to compete with legally/commercially, and the quality is NIGHT AND DAY better than I would wager 90% of storefront pot. There's people all over Colorado looking for homegrown; and if you tell them "why not just go to a dispensary," they make the "crinkle face" of "been there, done that."

In CO (and elsewhere), any idea why commercial legal grow quality isn't better than ours (home growers)? They have the infrastructure (space, equipment, etc.), full time staff, access to capital, lots of available consultants, etc. such they they should be growing better quality.

Where legal and with an established cannabis culture, such as in CA, CO, OR, WA, how are home grown and home prepared cannabis products distributed/sold directly by growers to consumers (or not)? Are there local adults-only farmers markets where individuals can 'sell' (gift, trade, etc.) their non-taxed small amounts of home grown and prepared cannabis products? [In close-by Washington, DC, cannabis is legal and can legally do gifting, with dozens of non-regulated shops and delivery services (many just individuals) selling cannabis products; with 2 people exchanging/trading gifts which can be prearranged amounts of $ and cannabis (within the limits of legal possession]. Or are there local swap meets; or local indoor garden club show-and-tell/sampling meetings? Or am I just dreaming -- this stuff doesn't happen even where maximally legalized?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that we are just "medicinal" here. No recreational. By non-legits, I meant black market. and it is quite alive. Most of these huge growers that get busted are not from this country. Lots of foreign influence for sure. I did note vote for recreational. I think keeping it as medicinal requiring a license at least will help some.

We need something to happen here in Blighty, a pound of ok'ish weed sells for about £3,200 or $3,800 from a back yard chemist. :crying:

Here in ontario there's almost as many pot shops as tim hortons the black market still makes up 40 or 60% of the market the government weed has come down in price and the pot shops kill them selves trying to offer better deals then the next guy

and here'z the real funnee thing -> it'z totally legal here in mizery, and we have the highest plant count for personal growz of any state in the country (can grow up to 18 plantz per person), but in the small ass town where i live, there ain't a dispo to be seen :crying::face: ppp

and here'z the real funnee thing -> it'z totally legal here in mizery, and we have the highest plant count for personal growz of any state in the country (can grow up to 18 plantz per person), but in the small ass town where i live, there ain't a dispo to be seen :crying::face: ppp
So with such high legal plant counts, is there a lot of personal/home growing? From what you see, are consumers mostly getting weed from home growers (direct), pot dealers or legal dispensaries?

So with such high legal plant counts, is there a lot of personal/home growing? From what you see, are consumers mostly getting weed from home growers (direct), pot dealers or legal dispensaries?

i honestly don't know & honestly don't care :rofl: sorry if that soundz a bit crass, but simply put, i'm a total loner, and as such, the only weed activity i keep track of is my own, and that'z jus the way of it :shrug: i alwayz have it, so life is alwayz good & that'z all that matterz :biggrin: ppp

giphy - Copy.gif

I'll bet you can't throw a rock without hitting a decent place to catch catfish, and not a lot of people around to disturb you though :toke: :baked:🎣 :cheers:

Back