Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

Shoutout to my boy @northerly_frost_420, he's crushing it in a 3'x3' with a 320 Watt Cannon! Here's a link to his IG where you can follow the rest of the grow, I think he flipped to 12/12 a week or two ago. She's lookin' mighty fine at this point, so I'm sure I'll be reposting some of the highlights here. I can't wait to see that shit:smoking:

I also got some potentially useful information about temperature (from a Canadian grower to boot), but I want to point out that this is anectodal. It wasn't a scientific experiment or anything, just one grower's experience. Here it is:

Like I said he has a 320 Watt Cannon in a 3'x3' tent. He has a 6" inline fan running at full power for ventilation, and he said the temperature in the tent was 3 degrees celsius (5.4 degrees fahrenheit) above the ambient temperature of the room. Right in that sweet spot!

You could turn the fan down or switch to a 4" inline vent fan if you needed to raise the temperatures even more in the winter. Even little space heaters use 1000-1500 Watts, turn it on and all your energy savings are shot! I highly recommend the 320 Watt Cannon for growers in climates where it's cold for the better part of the year. You'll still get a big drop in temperature vs. HPS.

-Keith

Shoutout to my boy @northerly_frost_420, he's crushing it in a 3'x3' with a 320 Watt Cannon! Here's a link to his IG where you can follow the rest of the grow, I think he flipped to 12/12 a week or two ago. She's lookin' mighty fine at this point, so I'm sure I'll be reposting some of the highlights here. I can't wait to see that shit:smoking:

I also got some potentially useful information about temperature (from a Canadian grower to boot), but I want to point out that this is anectodal. It wasn't a scientific experiment or anything, just one grower's experience. Here it is:

Like I said he has a 320 Watt Cannon in a 3'x3' tent. He has a 6" inline fan running at full power for ventilation, and he said the temperature in the tent was 3 degrees celsius (5.4 degrees fahrenheit) above the ambient temperature of the room. Right in that sweet spot!

You could turn the fan down or switch to a 4" inline vent fan if you needed to raise the temperatures even more in the winter. Even little space heaters use 1000-1500 Watts, turn it on and all your energy savings are shot! I highly recommend the 320 Watt Cannon for growers in climates where it's cold for the better part of the year. You'll still get a big drop in temperature vs. HPS.

-Keith

Nice Crop, Solid Grower - Good Light ..... What’s Average PPFD on the 3x3 area?

Nice Crop, Solid Grower - Good Light ..... What’s Average PPFD on the 3x3 area?
Thanks OldBoy:smoking: Yeah I'm really impressed with his work! Average PPFD with a 320 Watt Cannon over a 3'x3' will be about 800. I'm going to get you guys an official PAR map soon, I just need to pick up a quality meter.

-Keith

Thanks OldBoy:smoking: Yeah I'm really impressed with his work! Average PPFD with a 320 Watt Cannon over a 3'x3' will be about 800. I'm going to get you guys an official PAR map soon, I just need to pick up a quality meter.

-Keith

Is the 800 reported from growers? What height? Will you be making a PPFD Footprint Map for suggested coverage areas?

For sure, I'll make a PPFD map for the 240 over a 2.5'x2.5' and for the 320 I'll map a 3'x3'. I'll do 3x240's and 2x320's over a 4'x4' as well.

The current thinking is that 800 PPFD is the sweet spot for maximizing yields without going past the point of diminishing returns. Getting that over a 3'x3' with the 320 watt Cannon was an estimate based on Growmau5 math and umol/J. We used the same formula at Rapid so I've seen at least a hundred growers confirm it. The results people are posting with the Cannon definitely confirm it, and if they didn't I would change the recommendations. Here at Black Sail we deeply hate misleading specs.

I tried to set my recommended coverage areas at a point that would give growers maximum growth rates and yields for their space. There's a wide range of growing styles and budgets though. I know guys who use a 600 watt HPS over a 4'x4' and swear by it, who knows right?

With the Cannon you could use two 320's over a 4'x4' for $775 ($698 with your 10% coupon code!!!), that puts you at about 800 PPFD and it's crazy cheap for high quality LED's. Or you could get three 240's for $989. That's $891 with your 10% AFN fam discount (coupon code "ARRR!"). That's an amazing price for a 4'x4' and it'll put you at about 950 PPFD.

My first few customers had to take all this on faith, but I post a lot of pictures because I think they back up everything I say. I got a pic from my very first customer recently, he's got six Cannons running at 200 watts each (1200 watts total) over a 4'x8'. He's got another 240 watts in there if he ever needs it, all he has to do is turn up the built-in potentiometer on the driver. His canopy looks outstanding and he's really happy with it, so I feel very comfortable recommending three standard Cannons for a 4'x4':

IMG_3698.JPG

That's Cookie Crumble, day 46! So what do you think? BTW thanks for your input brotha, I really appreciate it. If anybody has any questions at all I want to hear them. Happy growing:)

-Keith

I got another update from Northerly Frost 420. This is blueberry from Sonoma Seeds, she's got tops wall to wall in a 3'x3' covered by a single 320 Watt Cannon. Check out the depth on his canopy! Power = Penetration:smoking:

NF420_3_31_19.png

-Keith

Ahoy Mateys! We're doing an AFN exclusive 4/20 sale, 20% off single Cannons with the coupon code "420" :smoking: So that's $280 for a 240 Watt Cannon, and $320 for a 320 Watt Cannon. Holy shit, that's $1 per watt!!! Because we love you.:bighug:

-Keith

Back