Lighting Introducing The Cannon, a 240 Watt powerhouse brought to you by BlackSailMarket.com

Pedro posted his results! He pulled 252 grams off of one plant with a 240 watt Cannon:smoking: 1 gram per watt is officially on the books.

You can see on the video that there's still some sugar leaves in there, that's because he's turning the whole harvest into hash-pressed rosin. I want to talk about it because I believe in honest marketing, that's why we provided the video as well as the final weight. Even if you deduct a half ounce for the sugar leaves (which is probably excessive) he still hit 1 gram per watt. Growing in 100% organic living soil with no synthetics and no bottled nutrients, that's an awesome yield. The quality is off the charts too, I'll post the rosin results once he's done squishing it.
Outstanding work Pedro! You're a beast:vibe:

I've never grown lettuce, it does better under 5000K? Thanks man, I did not know that!

In my experience you're going to get great results (with cannabis) with any color temperature (or any mix) between 3000K-5000K. I put 3000K as the floor because below that you lose a lot of efficiency, and you don't get any better coverage in the photo/far red portion of the spectrum.

I put 5000K as the ceiling because I've grown under a 50/50 mix of 3500K and 5000K. My nodes were stacked right on top of each other and my growth rates were a little slower than usual with all that blue. 6500K could be useful if you're growing a really stretchy landrace sativa but in my experience 5000K will do the job, and going any higher sacrifices too much red light. Red light from ~620nm to ~730nm is the most efficient at driving photosynthesis, so you'll get faster growth and better yields with 3000K-3500K. If you want to use 5000K I'd highly recommend mixing it with 3000K or 3500K.

Your best bet if you want broad control over your spectrum is to blend two color temps (3000K & 3500K, 3000K & 4000K, etc...) The plant's reaction is very strain dependent, so the best way to go is to have a little more light in your growspace than you need. Then you can dim one color or the other to adjust your spectrum.

The Cannon comes in 3500K 80CRI but if you want a different color temperature just let me know and I'll order it, no problem:smoking:

-Keith

More good info, for sure, me like, the color range option and what you say makes perfect sense ...... Does Cannon have lower watts say like 165 or 100 or even lower?

Discovered more isn’t necessary better and 240 Watt the centerpoint maybe too much on single plant grow as not all have 3x3 and grow like Pedro - we simply don’t need it.

I've never grown lettuce, it does better under 5000K? Thanks man, I did not know that!

In my experience you're going to get great results (with cannabis) with any color temperature (or any mix) between 3000K-5000K. I put 3000K as the floor because below that you lose a lot of efficiency, and you don't get any better coverage in the photo/far red portion of the spectrum.

I put 5000K as the ceiling because I've grown under a 50/50 mix of 3500K and 5000K. My nodes were stacked right on top of each other and my growth rates were a little slower than usual with all that blue. 6500K could be useful if you're growing a really stretchy landrace sativa but in my experience 5000K will do the job, and going any higher sacrifices too much red light. Red light from ~620nm to ~730nm is the most efficient at driving photosynthesis, so you'll get faster growth and better yields with 3000K-3500K. If you want to use 5000K I'd highly recommend mixing it with 3000K or 3500K.

Your best bet if you want broad control over your spectrum is to blend two color temps (3000K & 3500K, 3000K & 4000K, etc...) The plant's reaction is very strain dependent, so the best way to go is to have a little more light in your growspace than you need. Then you can dim one color or the other to adjust your spectrum.

The Cannon comes in 3500K 80CRI but if you want a different color temperature just let me know and I'll order it, no problem:smoking:

-Keith

Starts with lettuce companions under T5 6500k .... At this Stage in life both like the color but as we know, we don’t want lettuce to bolt as they call it or flower, whereas obviously opposite of their distant cousins!

803DFDD6-D00B-4BA7-A6CA-75BDE3B127CE.jpeg

More good info, for sure, me like, the color range option and what you say makes perfect sense ...... Does Cannon have lower watts say like 165 or 100 or even lower?

Discovered more isn’t necessary better and 240 Watt the centerpoint maybe too much on single plant grow as not all have 3x3 and grow like Pedro - we simply don’t need it.
Definitely man, all of my lights dim down to 50% power via a potentiometer that's built into the face of the driver. So the 240 Watt Cannon will dim all the way down to 120 Watts, and the 320 will dim down to 160. There are markings on the potentiometer, so you can set it to the wattage you want without a wattage meter. The instructions come with the light and they're available on my website too. Here's a link to the 240 Owner's Manual, the 320 Manual is also on there under "Knowledge is Power" :smoking:

-Keith

Starts with lettuce companions under T5 6500k .... At this Stage in life both like the color but as we know, we don’t want lettuce to bolt as they call it or flower, whereas obviously opposite of their distant cousins!

View attachment 1027765
That's awesome man! I'm about to start some cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas:vibe:

Definitely man, all of my lights dim down to 50% power via a potentiometer that's built into the face of the driver. So the 240 Watt Cannon will dim all the way down to 120 Watts, and the 320 will dim down to 160. There are markings on the potentiometer, so you can set it to the wattage you want without a wattage meter. The instructions come with the light and they're available on my website too. Here's a link to the 240 Owner's Manual, the 320 Manual is also on there under "Knowledge is Power" :smoking:

-Keith

Sigh, 120 Watts still too high for my application..... I use a Single COB as a Supplement Side Light and was looking for a 50 watt to max 100 watt 3000K Color to use when flowierng is in force!

Sigh, 120 Watts still too high for my application..... I use a Single COB as a Supplement Side Light and was looking for a 50 watt to max 100 watt 3000K Color to use when flowierng is in force!
You can get a dimmable 100 Watt plug & play Growmau5 puck fixture at Rapid LED for $175. Make sure you get the 10% coupon code, the banner for it is at the top of the main page. Lol I used to work there but I won't get a kickback or anything, that's exactly what I'd buy in your situation. Unless you'd be interested in DIYing that shit? I could walk you through it...

-Keith

There's a flowering version of the Growmau5 puck that has extra red btw:smoking:

Back