Indoor Hello again, and thanks for all the fish.

Druid

Wiley Forest-dweller
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mango | Grandaddy Purple
e4b0e4a8-e43e-4c55-89f1-f4b0c6d1abaa.jpg

Let's start at the end. About three years ago I stopped growing weed altogether. I had the idea right after reading some news about new legislation in my country, now some of you may have had an inkling already but now I can officially come out of the closet: I am.. german. I know, it shocked me too when I found out but in time I learned to live with it. So in 2021 I found out that our Health minister wanted to legalize Cannabis for recreational use. For some reason this led me to stop growing.
But now, since the beginning of this month it's officially legal to grow 3 Plants at the same time and by god my name ain't Druid if I'm not gonna grow something.

Naturally I dug out some of my old seeds, which I had professionally stored, loosely, in a random cupboard. Needless to say; they dead. Well all but one. The little White Widow Photo that's currently growing in one of my pots. I know, sacrilege, a photo. But I was eager and couldn't wait :) a little later I started a RQS Epsilon F1 auto, which unsurprisingly is doing godly well, while the ww has all kinds of problems. But that's a story for another thread.

Today we have gathered here to document a grow of one plant. Witness, as we follow along the journey of Rodney, the Banana Blaze auto from Dutch Passion. I know, weird choice for a name but such is life :D

Medium:
  • EazyPlug + EazyCube
  • 50% Canna Coco regular + 50% Perlite
Nutrients:
  • Canna Coco A+B
  • Canna Boost
Pots & Watersupply:
  • Autopot 1pot system, 8.5L Buckets
Tent:
  • Mars Hydro 120x60x180cm
Air:
  • AC infinity T4 (Out)
  • AC Infinity S4 (In)
  • Cultivaley Clip-on fan
Light:
  • SANLight 4-120 (avg 880 max 1130µmol, 265 Watts)

Grab a chair and get comfortable, tomorrow we will seed.

IMG_20240429_074037.jpg

Alright, this morning I got distracted by another squirrel and planted a Strawberry Cola from Exotic Seed instead. I had to turn the light down to 35% in order to lower the temps in the room below 25c for germination. Now we wait.

Strain Info from Breeder: Strawberry Cola Auto
Autoflowering hybrid predominantly indica, Strawberry Cola Auto is a cross between genetics like our famous Mango strain, the Mango Cream, our Strawberry Banana strain and our Monster Mash, which result in a strain having a robust structure, that is easy to grow and where almost all plants reach 100 cm.
Its aroma is what we like the most, with a marked tone of red fruits and cola, which in some cases can be more floral. As for its effects, Strawberry Cola Auto has a powerful effect to be an autoflowering genetic, being very relaxing and introspective.

Last edited:
Day 1: May has moved in with her big sisters yesterday and has gotten a bit of color from the sun
IMG_20240502_182125.jpg

She does still need a little protecting from the Wind, so:
IMG_20240502_182204.jpg

and now I'm just missing the pot to put her in. It's gonna be a 40L fabric pot. (The Autopot on the right is 8.5L)
IMG_20240502_182031.jpg

Slight change of plans; DHL wasn't able to deliver the fabric pots before the weekend so she's gonna have to go into a Plastic one. I still have some nice air pruning pots from a few years ago, not Airpots, you're gonna like those. They should be around 12L if I recall correctly. They are "water twice a day when flowering a medium size plant during summer" big. So could be 12.

Might also still have a 23L fabric pot somewhere but I'm hesitant to use one that's been banging around my storage for years.

Substrate will be Plagron Cocos Premium with Perlite, roughly 70/30

So far I haven't fertilized her, the eazyplug and cube are both fertilized for around 5 days each. But I'm cutting that short for autoflower reasons. If I were to let her sit in the cube, exposed to the air, for a while longer I could generate a really nice dense rootball that absolutely explodes when transplanted. But I don't want to risk stunting her veg cycle.
The light has been running at around 340µmol, which is round 35% on the Evo 4-120. Tomorrow we'll go up to 420, or around 45%.
Temps have been stable at 25-26c during day and 2c delta during lights out. VPD is around 1 during the day, 0.8 during night.

The eazyplugs are for sure the most hands off and foolproof way of germinating. Love the plug and cube.

Day 4: A New Home New
Today she moved into her new pot, I don't recall the name of them but I quite like them. Got them from a nursery guy in the us like 8 years back.

IMG_20240505_130111.jpg

They've got openings at each terrace. Inside there are little ridges in the plastic guiding the roots down and towards those holes, you can see the big ones from the outside. Works quite well for a dense root system.
IMG_20240505_130121.jpg

IMG_20240505_130127.jpg

As you can see, by the slight taper in the stem, the cambium is swelling up quite nicely, so she's starting to produce good amounts of energy.
IMG_20240505_130155.jpg

First time using Plagron cocos, curious how it turns out.

Back