Is This Thing Flowering Yet?

MotaZona

Microbes Or Bust
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Can’t do to lung disease
Hello.
I have 2 plants; both are 40 days old.
One stopped stretching a week+ ago & is flowering.
This one just keeps on going though. It’s almost 4’ and has got me a little concerned. Is it flowering & stretching or is it still in veg?
They’re in my own super soil blend & 7G bags. I’ve watered only 4 times so I guess I got the soil a little too rich.
Thank you!
14F4AE24-A90B-496B-9A6A-F511A26A8F6C.jpeg
683C0AC5-2B81-404C-8C9E-86DCDCE97CFE.jpeg

It looks like it is just starting to flower. You see those white pistils sticking out? Those are forming the ovary of the female flowers. Another one to two weeks and you will see some bud or flower clusters taking shape. It will get a little taller as it progresses. You may see the lower leaves start to lighten up and turn yellow as the plant diverts its resources to the flowers.

It looks like it is just starting to flower. You see those white pistils sticking out? Those are forming the ovary of the female flowers. Another one to two weeks and you will see some bud or flower clusters taking shape. It will get a little taller as it progresses. You may see the lower leaves start to lighten up and turn yellow as the plant diverts its resources to the flowers.
It’s started sending pistils on day 21.
I wish it would stop going vert like the other one.
It’s an Auto King Kong by Dr Underground.

It’s started sending pistils on day 21.
I wish it would stop going vert like the other one.
It’s an Auto King Kong by Dr Underground.
The thing is that there is variance in growth tendencies even if seeds are sold as a certain strain. This could be due to light positioning, maybe the pH is a little different, or maybe the watering was a little more in one pot versus another. I get different heights all the time from the same seed packet. It is inconvenient since I have to raise the light to accommodate the taller plants and worry the lower plants may suffer.
You could tie the main stem so it bends a little and doesn't raise up so high. Just remember that the more energy that is taken in usually means the plant will produce larger flowers.

The thing is that there is variance in growth tendencies even if seeds are sold as a certain strain. This could be due to light positioning, maybe the pH is a little different, or maybe the watering was a little more in one pot versus another. I get different heights all the time from the same seed packet. It is inconvenient since I have to raise the light to accommodate the taller plants and worry the lower plants may suffer.
You could tie the main stem so it bends a little and doesn't raise up so high. Just remember that the more energy that is taken in usually means the plant will produce larger flowers.
I should have mentioned that the other plant is a different strain; a Massive Midget. It just tripped me out how they both got pistils at the same time, but the KK is still stretching. I’ll be gifting the other KK seed.
Noob education.

I looked up Auto King Kong on seedsman and it said, "Flowering time: 7 to 8 weeks Outdoors flowering time: late September, early October. Production indoors: 40 - 60 gr Production outdoors: 65 - 120 gr. , So it is on schedule.

I should have mentioned that the other plant is a different strain; a Massive Midget. It just tripped me out how they both got pistils at the same time, but the KK is still stretching. I’ll be gifting the other KK seed.
Noob education.
You may end up with more bud weight with the longer grow. You can smoke the other plant while the King Kong is still curing. So you could be better off, maybe get extra weight.

I have a 35 day old plant same as yours. She is stretching but still no true pre flowering, just some pistils. I was worried at first but maybe it's better to leave it as long as the plant is healthy. Of course it will take longer than expected.

Mine still hasn’t moved on from preflower. The thing is moody too. Leaves are always twisting around, new leaves droop for a couple of hours & than stand back up, and she acts up when I water. Her roommate is as calm as a rock.
I’m totally getting the ‘Good” genetics thing.

Mine still hasn’t moved on from preflower. The thing is moody too. Leaves are always twisting around, new leaves droop for a couple of hours & than stand back up, and she acts up when I water. Her roommate is as calm as a rock.
I’m totally getting the ‘Good” genetics thing.
You are so right about that. My friend has given me two auto blue cheeses as a gift, from different seed banks and breeders I guess. The current one is very different from the previous one.

Back