Indoor JammyD/3wok/O-utan in soil

Big Sul

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
MEPHISTO
Soil- Organic potting soil, EWC, manure, coco, organic Nutes, dolomite lime. Cooked for 90 days
AutoPots - 5 gal fabric
HLG600R
Mephisto- 3 BOG, 3wok, Orange-utan, Jammy Dodgers

Seeds popped and in tent. Day 2/3 above ground. 3Wok & JD are off to the races. O-utan is on track 3BOG is on time, but no signs of leaves forming
Wanting to keep Autopot plants on same schedule I dropped a Jack Herer from GHS as the standby.(a go-to daytime smoke).

ACB63A6D-ED06-461E-B8CE-E93A50F4DB4D.jpeg
63AB3294-EB9A-41FA-AAFE-C7F14BE959AF.jpeg
CF58EC10-D4B5-484D-9C4A-2F24319B4C83.jpeg
F25B4254-46B5-4500-AF7A-6D3C7750BC21.jpeg

I'm surprised just how more plant I have since switching to autopots for my present grow.
Thanx for the rep. Regarding the Autopots, they really put watering into perspective. The ease of watering and the growth is apparent given the same medium. Had a side by side 5 gal, same soil. 2 fabric pot hand watered, and 4-5 gal fabric pot in Autopots. Different strains, but everything was equal UNTIL I turned on the res. Then it was a completely different. Autopots took it to another gear. Keep in mind that I am doing water only.

Jack Herer is one of my all time favs. What breeder do you like for your JH?

Last edited:
Thanx for the rep. Regarding the Autopots, they really put watering into perspective. The ease of watering and the growth is apparent given the same medium. Had a side by side 5 gal, same soil. 2 fabric pot hand watered, and 4-5 gal fabric pot in Autopots. Different strains, but everything was equal UNTIL I turned on the res. Then it was a completely different. Autopots took it to another gear. Keep in mind that I am doing water only.

Jack Herer is one of my all time favs. What breeder do you like for your JH?
Only one I've grown so far was from 00seeds that I got at local hydro shop in my first grow. A Little long ( 120+ days) but lots of thhick colas. Still got 1 or 2 seeds left and I'd love to see how they do in autopots. !st grow was hand water/feeding in 3 gallon buckets.

Been using HF cause I know what to expect from it but have started looking into a soil that could get em all the way or at least most the way to the end. I got the mid size plastic pots about 3 gallon size I think which wouldn't really hold enough soil for it so thought about something like spikes. Looked at the biotabs to stretch the time but those are just basically NPK slow release with no other nutrients, gonna keep looking but might explore packing my own spikes to put in bottom of pots.

Been using HF cause I know what to expect from it but have started looking into a soil that could get em all the way or at least most the way to the end. I got the mid size plastic pots about 3 gallon size I think which wouldn't really hold enough soil for it so thought about something like spikes. Looked at the biotabs to stretch the time but those are just basically NPK slow release with no other nutrients, gonna keep looking but might explore packing my own spikes to put in bottom of pots.

I was looking for ~what you are and settled on organic alfalfa pellets, leave some full size and break some down in water, then mix into soil. 20 bucks for a forty pound bag at a animal feed/ farm supply store. They are used in gardening a bit, so you can see how others use them if you wanted.

From what I have heard they (alfalfa pellets), got everything (micros/macros), and average npk of 2-1-2 (not positive what npk means in organics honestly, I should look into that more), according to Bruce bugbee, 2-1-2 is ideal for cannabis.

really though my hope is to just use dried, harvested cannabis plants to feed the soil, which I do have now in my soil also, just with alfalfa pellets along side.

Finished a few plants in this mix and food for the soil was never an issue but my plants didn’t grow very well because I didn’t manage pH well. But only water whole grow, soil never needed more food, if the plants grew better, maybe a top feed would be needed, didn’t seem that way though. In 1 gallon pots.

I think you can do anything you want.

WooHoo, know what's on my list for next run into town. Should be starting next crop mid to end of Jan. so gonna give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Some say that u need at least 7gal pots at a minimum for organics. I have 1 plant left from my water only Autopots run In 5 gal fabric pots and I went wire to wire with NOTHING but water ph’d at 6.4. Am I growing plants to potential, probably not, but I don’t need a lot of weed as long as the weed I grow is quality. Probably averaged 3 oz a plant, but more importantly, I just observed. The biggest problem is ME screwing It up. LITFA (leave it the @#$& alone) is my underlying principle.

Back