Journeys in small batch breeding

The Bedroom Gardener UK

Dragon Abuser
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cannabis, in all its forms.
I've been meaning to put up a thread of my own breeding attempts for a while now, and can no longer resist spouting forth with my own efforts.

I think of myself as a breeder, by definition of actually breeding Cannabis. Whether I'm a GOOD breeder (or a competent one) is a completely different question, and the answer is probably no - not at the moment. But I am only learning, and one day hope to have the right skills behind me, and have a decent enough selection of plants to move into the professional ranks with reasonable confidence.

I am currently in the wrong country (UK) for a complete career change into Canna, and the wife would not have us moving to somewhere with more relaxed laws. But, I think canna laws may change soon enough in the UK as all the old MP's die off & the son of Lord Puffnsniff who smoked weed at university gets automatically sworn into Parliament. These guys will definitely take a bung to get the canna vote through, and especially so now that big tobacco is really getting into alternate markets, two of which are weed and vapes.

So while I'm waiting for the UK's greed to catch up with a lot of other countries I'm going to keep reading and listening, and try to put those things learned into practice. I try to follow the standards of those who already breeding successfully (some of which prowl and influence this very site), even though my efforts are on a much smaller scale. I hope this takes me out of the 'pollen chucking' club, but even if not I'm just doing the best with what I've got, so I will try to leave the labels behind me and let the end results speak for themselves.

I am very stoned at the moment, so will leave the blurb there for now & put up the details of current & near future projects in my next post.

Below are two pictures of the only plant in existance for a currently un-named strain. For me there are so many joys in breeding Cannabis.
20211107_164917.jpg
20211107_164925.jpg

Current & near future breeding:

The winter is a slow time for me grow-wise as it does get cold, but I do keep something growing most of the time, and cram a lot into the peak of March - October.

* Falcor or Luck Dragon, as chosen by @b_the_s, which is a Dawg Star x Black Dragon. This strain is my first attempt in crossing a photo (Dawg Star Female) with a auto (Black Dragon Male). I'm finding it hard fitting this strain in at the moment, as I'm mainly concentrating on autoflowers, but thinking probably in July 2022.

full

* Forgetful Dragon, which is Amnesia Haze x Black Dragon. This is my main project for 2022, currently F1 & hoping for F3 by the end of 2022. Both parents are autoflowers - Haze Famale x Dragon Male. F2 Run - April 2022. F3 Run - Sep 2022.

full

* An as yet un-named strain (as mentioned in the first post), which is Forgetful Dragon x Black Dragon. This strain was more of a happy accident in its creation, from which I'm currently waiting on seeds maturing (though I do have a single test plant growing). I'm hoping to drive some of that original Black Dragon taste back into the mix, while still keeping the coloured buds - which is a must. I'll be messing around with this over the winter - Now.

20211107_164917.jpg
20211107_164925.jpg

20211109_164225.jpg

* And then one final working of the Dragon (as I have frozen pollen that needs to be used). The female plant is not chosen yet, but I am thinking along the lines of Blackcurrent or dark fruits as a profile, possibly with CBD. I was also thinking of using Coal Miners Daughter from Gnome Automatics (on AFN) as a parent, as both a from the same background. These are all just thoughts though, and I may go with something completely different altogther. Something for me to mull over till the weather gets better. Sept 2022 Onwards.

Yes there is a Dragon theme here, but I've been working with the strain for a number of years. Once the above are completed then I'm thinking it's time to move on. I do have some strains in mind, but that is for another post.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to put up a thread of my own breeding attempts for a while now, and can no longer resist spouting forth with my own efforts.

I think of myself as a breeder, by definition of actually breeding Cannabis. Whether I'm a GOOD breeder (or a competent one) is a completely different question, and the answer is probably no - not at the moment. But I am only learning, and one day hope to have the right skills behind me, and have a decent enough selection of plants to move into the professional ranks with reasonable confidence.

I am currently in the wrong country (UK) for a complete career change into Canna, and the wife would not have us moving to somewhere with more relaxed laws. But, I think canna laws may change soon enough in the UK as all the old MP's die off & the son of Lord Puffnsniff who smoked weed at university gets automatically sworn into Parliament. These guys will definitely take a bung to get the canna vote through, and especially so now that big tobacco is really getting into alternate markets, two of which are weed and vapes.

So while I'm waiting for the UK's greed to catch up with a lot of other countries I'm going to keep reading and listening, and try to put those things learned into practice. I try to follow the standards of those who already breeding successfully (some of which prowl and influence this very site), even though my efforts are on a much smaller scale. I hope this takes me out of the 'pollen chucking' club, but even if not I'm just doing the best with what I've got, so I will try to leave the labels behind me and let the end results speak for themselves.

I am very stoned at the moment, so will leave the blurb there for now & put up the details of current & near future projects in my next post.

Below are two pictures of the only plant in existance for a currently un-named strain. For me there are so many joys in breeding Cannabis.
View attachment 1385701View attachment 1385702
Keep it up!

@BCBudlady Just hooking you in.
Thanks for the tag!! :bighug:Everything is better with Dragons in the mix!!! :dragon2:CMD is an isolated black leaf pheno of Alf#5 , but Anvil has the darker flowers with more sleepy effects, I think ?
Should be an excellent cross….effects and beauty.

Day 14.

I'm going to call this Day 14, but it's probably a little earlier. Little Forgetful Dragon x Black Dragon is doing very well. A couple of slightly twisty initial leaves, but that may be my veg nutes being slightly too high.

20211112_163506.jpg

20211112_163534.jpg

Day 21.

No sign of sex yet, but I feel it is just around the corner. Looks to me like a female, but should know in a few days. We're looking a little overwatered here, as I accidently left it in a puddle of water overnight. I don't think it'll take much recovery though.

20211119_163836.jpg
20211119_163854.jpg

Back