Journeys in small batch breeding

Current & near future breeding:

* And then one final working of the Dragon (as I have frozen pollen that needs to be used). The female plant is not chosen yet, but I am thinking along the lines of Blackcurrent or dark fruits as a profile, possibly with CBD. I was also thinking of using Coal Miner's Daughter from Gnome Automatics (on AFN) as a parent, as both a from the same background. These are all just thoughts though, and I may go with something completely different altogther. Something for me to mull over till the weather gets better. Sept 2022 Onwards.

I have now purchased some F5 Coal Miner's Daughter to fill the last breeding slot. They will hopefully find their way from the USA to my UK shores without issue. The question now is: As they are regular seeds, do I use the pollen from a CMD to breed with my Black Dragon x Amnesia Haze, or use my Black Dragon x Amnesia Haze to pollinate a female CMD? Either way, it should be a good pairing.

Here's a little bumf on the Coal Miner's Daughter.
  • Ancestry: A.L.F #5 Family phenotype isolation.
  • Indica/sativa 75/25
  • Cycle time: 70-75 days
  • Dimensions: Up to 4-foot plants
  • Yield: 28g /sqft in ideal conditions
  • High Yield Method: 5 gal pots
  • Recommended Light Cycle: 18/6 or 20/4 (Will flower under 24 hrs)
  • Aroma and Flavor: Earthy and incense with hash undertones.
  • Primary terp Profile: Myrcene
  • THC: 18-21%
  • Odor: Med/High
  • Grow Environment: Indoor, Outdoor, and Greenhouse
Coal Miner’s Daughter F5 is a Phenotype isolation from the ALF #5 Family. What sets her apart from the rest of the family are a few things. Both parents were selected for resin production as well as leaf color. The fathers used in this line produced both resin coverage as well as the‚ black/red leaf‚ traits. Her resin production is great for making hash and can see high returns on washing or pressing for rosin. Her flowers are highlighted in purple and some full purple flowers can be found. Her terp profile is of a Hash nature she’s earthy and spicy and leaves a hash flavor on exhale. This line has been selected over a few generations and different environments. They have been grown in both indoor and outdoor style conditions. They provide the versatility for any grower to produce their own meds in any environment. Her dark colors shine to her flower and the deep earthy taste set her apart in any garden.

Day 21.

No sign of sex yet, but I feel it is just around the corner. Looks to me like a female, but should know in a few days. We're looking a little overwatered here, as I accidently left it in a puddle of water overnight. I don't think it'll take much recovery though.

View attachment 1389002View attachment 1389003

Here's the end result of the above little plant. She was chopped on Day 92, which is longer than I usually give my solos but I lost track of days. Checking the trichs she is mostly amber, but it's a little harder to tell on purple plants. I'm not complaining, as I do like a good 'lights out' plant.

Forgetful Dragon x Black Dragon F1 Tester.

20220129_165414.jpg
20220129_165422.jpg
20220129_165456.jpg

Any idea where one could locate dragon beans via a vendor or seedbank? I'd love in on the dragon fun. Awesome posts :smoking:
Sorry man, not on here much at the moment.

As far as I can see Dragons are pretty much a legacy plant when it comes to seeds & mostly in the hands of private growers. If you are in the UK I could possibly sort you out, but does not look like it from your profile. There are a few people on here who may be able to help you - check this sub: https://www.autoflower.org/forums/dragon-meds-team.676/

You can get Gems & Anvil etc from Hembra - I got my Coal Miners there, which is similar Dragon parents. Most expensive seeds I've ever bought, but I'm looking at them as an investment - not that I'll ever see a return :)

Sorry man, not on here much at the moment.

As far as I can see Dragons are pretty much a legacy plant when it comes to seeds & mostly in the hands of private growers. If you are in the UK I could possibly sort you out, but does not look like it from your profile. There are a few people on here who may be able to help you - check this sub: https://www.autoflower.org/forums/dragon-meds-team.676/

You can get Gems & Anvil etc from Hembra - I got my Coal Miners there, which is similar Dragon parents. Most expensive seeds I've ever bought, but I'm looking at them as an investment - not that I'll ever see a return :)

I see so these are from dragon genetics. I've actually got 4 seeds of blackstrap I'm planning on pollen chucking. Just need more in the bank, cause like you said very expensive. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction mate, happy growing.

Back