JP1s 1st shot

JP1

Johnny Blazin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
1st swing at regular seeds. I was gifted some reg auto seeds from a very generous friend. I planted 5 seeds of 6 different seeds outdoors and this is what I got. Seeds sprouted 31 days ago. So here's my 1st male keeper. Bobby's Widow. Picked because it's the 1st to sex, no bug issues so far, biggest and healthiest of the bunch, and it's the only one out of 30 that I can smell. Rotten fruit ish. And symmetrical. This guy will get put into a glass of water tomorrow in my basement to collect pollen eventually for projects. Hopefully. Bottom left in the picture. Any advice or help going forward is appreciated
PXL_20230621_211010052.jpg
PXL_20230621_211416026.jpg

@BCBudlady @Mossy @Jean-O @tobe @Sawney_bean

So as the pollen falls on the paper, do I wait for it to finish falling or collect it every day? Will it dry on the paper on it's own? What's my next step here? Generally around 50% rh in my basement. I understand I should cook some flour to mix for storage but no idea about the in between. Thanks everybody :pass:

Neat thread! Looks like you got some top help so far. I am along to learn as well.
Welcome aboard! Super cool thing about this site is the help from experience. I've finally got to the point where I can grow more then I can smoke. So now it's time to have some fun experimenting:pass: :headbang:

So as the pollen falls on the paper, do I wait for it to finish falling or collect it every day? Will it dry on the paper on it's own? What's my next step here? Generally around 50% rh in my basement. I understand I should cook some flour to mix for storage but no idea about the in between. Thanks everybody :pass:
I collect the pollen every second day, i separate the collected pollen a part is used just in time, the rest get dried . I put the left pollen with a bit rice in the freezer.

To pollinate a girl i use a small brush. I close all the windows to have nearly no airflow. After the pollination i wait 30 min than i spray the plant with water to kill the pollen on leafs ... After that i put the girl back in the flower room .
Than you have to wait around 4 weeks till the seeds are ready to harvest. It can go in 3 weeks but sometimes longer all depends on the strain.

Back