Keeping smell

Reaction score
I just harvested 2 early miss autos and they smelled great at the time but during drying they lost their smell and after a week of curing in sealed jars they still haven't got it back
Now my drying situation isn't that great I really cant dry indoors because of smell and btw they were grown outdoors.it is hot and humid here where I live and seems like they dry to fast outdoors.
What options do I have if indoor drying is hard because of smell and it's hot and humid outside .I I just shit out of luck or is there something I can do.
Btw my method is drying for atleast 8 or 10 days then air tight jar and open for 5 mins a day cure.

I just harvested 2 early miss autos and they smelled great at the time but during drying they lost their smell and after a week of curing in sealed jars they still haven't got it back
Now my drying situation isn't that great I really cant dry indoors because of smell and btw they were grown outdoors.it is hot and humid here where I live and seems like they dry to fast outdoors.
What options do I have if indoor drying is hard because of smell and it's hot and humid outside .I I just shit out of luck or is there something I can do.
Btw my method is drying for atleast 8 or 10 days then air tight jar and open for 5 mins a day cure.
Every situation and plant is different and you can only do the best you can in you particular situation........never tried drying outdoors, but my last harvest was about 8/9 days in brown paper bags and are still in their jars with boveda bags and after more than a month are just starting to smell good, if you can call cat piss good, lol. It might take awhile to cure them up nicely.....only thing you can do at this point is test a little and wait.

i think heat has something to do with this. My temps got way too hot in my tent at times, then a heatwave through my 5 days of drying , what little odour I had left just went with the heat. This was my first grow so still learning but the bud turned out really nice, it’s been in jars for 3 months today and I can just make out a scent of bud ( zkittles og), but it smell like hay/grass for about 8 weeks, don’t be to put off, . My bud lacks a bit of taste and smell but it definitely hits the spot each and every time, and seems to continue to get stronger .

The buds are nice and dense,potent imho but the lack of that dank smell it had at harvest is gone.It is starting to get back some smell but nothing like it was.I have one plant left and it looks like about 2 weeks before chop.Im just trying to pick yalls brains and tyvm

Pick away my friend

I harvest plants every 20 days I've tried wet trim and hanging, dry trim and hang dry, brown bags with wet trim and dry trim, brown lawn leaf bags with wet and dry trim, and recently recommended by a few members on here the wedryer XL. the wedryer is the real deal..I now have gotten 7 plants dry in it and I won't be switching back. The next best results I had was giant brown leaf lawn bags from Lowes and dry trim. The worst is anything wet trimmed. Most drying for me is 10 to 12 days. We dryer is about 10. You'll think damn a 100 bucks or w.e it costs. Well its the best I've found so far. Good luck. The built in fan and filter in the wedryer should keep your humidity and temps dow. Inside it.

I harvest plants every 20 days I've tried wet trim and hanging, dry trim and hang dry, brown bags with wet trim and dry trim, brown lawn leaf bags with wet and dry trim, and recently recommended by a few members on here the wedryer XL. the wedryer is the real deal..I now have gotten 7 plants dry in it and I won't be switching back. The next best results I had was giant brown leaf lawn bags from Lowes and dry trim. The worst is anything wet trimmed. Most drying for me is 10 to 12 days. We dryer is about 10. You'll think damn a 100 bucks or w.e it costs. Well its the best I've found so far. Good luck. The built in fan and filter in the wedryer should keep your humidity and temps dow. Inside it.
Ty a 100 bucks is worth keeping that dank smell

Back