Leaf Yellowing - Nitrogen?

Reaction score
This is from the second set of leaves on the stalk. I just noticed about an hour ago it is yellowing.

I am guessing on this first grow of Gorilla Glue this is
1.) a Nitrogen deficiency
2.) Plant is 6 weeks, should I be losing leaves naturally?
3.) I see some damage at the base of the leaf.

The yellow appears to be coming from the edge of the leaf and alongside the vein,
Close up and a top-down pic below.

I fed last week but 2:3 Grow/Bloom. It was the 2nd feed after 3 weeks. I use RO Grow during veg then transition to RO Bloom Terp Tea. I did the transition dose last week.

I also boost with Liquid Seaweed, Armor SI, CalMag, Rapid Start, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, Diamond Nectar, Flora Blend, Flora Nectar. The solution is 2/3 the recommended to a little less.

I just watered with Mosquito Bits solution yesterday to end some gnats. Never saw many.

Any suggestions> Did I get any guesses right? LOL

20210630_114005.jpg

See from higher up. The rest of the plan is OK.
20210630_114008.jpg

Last edited:
Plant looks good to me and a few bottom leaves turning yellow is normal.Be careful not to over feed with all those nutes.

Plant looks great and healthy. Don't cut that leaf off to make her more pretty. Monitor it's progression. If you see an increased fade on the lower portion of the plant you can gradually increase feeding. At this stage of the plants life it's nutrient demands definitely start to increase. But don't feed her much more yet, you might burn her since otherwise she's in great shape.

She looks good. I would recommend checking out the General Hydroponics website however, as their feeding guidelines have changed in the past couple of months and a lot of those nutes are treated a little different now. Make sure their ratios to one another are properly balanced and keep your nutrient solution ppm to around 500-550 not counting your starting water.

2/3 strength sounds alright but you could probably even push to 3/4 of the GH “light” schedule at this point, as long as you give 2 or 3 plain pH’ed waterings in between your fertigations. Still best to go by overall ppm and relative balance of the solution though.

She looks good. I would recommend checking out the General Hydroponics website however, as their feeding guidelines have changed in the past couple of months and a lot of those nutes are treated a little different now. Make sure their ratios to one another are properly balanced and keep your nutrient solution ppm to around 500-550 not counting your starting water.

2/3 strength sounds alright but you could probably even push to 3/4 of the GH “light” schedule at this point, as long as you give 2 or 3 plain pH’ed waterings in between your fertigations. Still best to go by overall ppm and relative balance of the solution though.
Wow!. GH, They did change.

Decided to go with water, plain water with 1 ml Rapid Start and Flora Nectar 2ml. I mixed up my next batch of boost solution but will wait until next week or after she dries off from this watering. The yellowing leaves showed brown edge tips, but looked slightly better. She appears to be drinking faster so will watch.
20210702_130843.jpg

She looks great you're well on your way to a nice harvest. Nothing sickly about her, you seem to have her dialed in nicely :toke:

She looks great you're well on your way to a nice harvest. Nothing sickly about her, you seem to have her dialed in nicely :toke:
Not so sure. See photo. This was OK over the last 2 days. I have been allowing her to dry down before watering then watering to runoff. Did I let her get too dry? Or am I seeing a deficiency? Nitrogen is my first guess. Maganese my second. I have treated with both. Could I be this far off on Nitrogen this late into the grow? 7weeks in.

These yellowing leaves were not apparent yesterday. I watered and fed today vs straight plain water. Any thoughts? Note: They are happening deep, under the canopy. I was expecting to lose leaves during the transition. Is that what is happening? Should I actually be encouraging this for more stretch or focus on buds?
20210707_085735.jpg

Last edited:
Just slightly increase the overall feeding. Nutrient demands and water consumption start to really increase at this stage. Especially for bigger girls like yours. They're going to want more PK and I'd they're done stretching their N demands will go down. You already have some very dark green leaves in the canopy so I wouldn't increase N.

It's dialed in because that's a very slight deficiency. About as slight as you can have. And youre already infront of it.

Don't overthink it or overcorrect and you're well on your way to a nice Harvest

Just slightly increase the overall feeding. Nutrient demands and water consumption start to really increase at this stage. Especially for bigger girls like yours. They're going to want more PK and I'd they're done stretching their N demands will go down. You already have some very dark green leaves in the canopy so I wouldn't increase N.

It's dialed in because that's a very slight deficiency. About as slight as you can have. And youre already infront of it.

Don't overthink it or overcorrect and you're well on your way to a nice Harvest
Thanks. It helps to hear from experience.

Back