Leonurus Sibiricus (Siberian motherwort)

Spanglish

Certified Rambler
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Crack and Alien Vs Triangle
Siberian Motherwort, also known as marihuanilla or honeyweed, is an herbaceous plant species native to Asia but grows wild along the coastal regions of Brazil and mexico. Traditionally used in Chinese medicine to help alleviate some symptoms of menstration or for ritual smoking purposes, it was and is considered to have some medicinal value.
Have been growing this plant out all summer in a 7L pot and she has turned in to quite the good looking beast currently standing at 160cm and flowering nicely ;) Potted her up in Light Mix with some Mealfrass that i added a few more times randomly through spring and early summer and has been given the occasional Bio Bizz and CalMg feed.

She got attacked once by spider mites that were taken care of by a product recommended in the local grow shop called SMC (Spider Mite Control) and never returned, the SMC looks to be a European version of the SM90 available in the US with the same listed contents (1.0% coriander oil, 94% sulphonated canola oil solution, 5.0% triethanolamine).

Have only tested some early picked and dried leaves once that were taken at the start of flowering, a small bowl was smoked in a pipe and there was a noticeable but mild, short lived feeling of relaxation similar to that of smoking slightly frosty trim.

More info on Leonurus Sibiricus can be found at the following links :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonurus_sibiricus
http://entheology.com/plants/leonurus-sibiricus-siberian-motherwort/
https://simonsblogpark.com/legalhigh/simons-marihuanilla-leonurus-sibiricus-guide/

20170920_124446.jpg
20170920_124453.jpg
20170920_124507.jpg
20170920_124517.jpg
20170920_124530.jpg
20170906_180524.jpg
20170906_180618.jpg

Have been growing this plant out all summer in a 7L pot and she has turned in to quite the good looking beast currently standing at 160cm and flowering nicely ;) Potted her up in Light Mix with some Mealfrass that i added a few more times randomly through spring and early summer and has been given the occasional Bio Bizz and CalMg feed.

She got attacked once by spider mites that were taken care of by a product recommended in the local grow shop called SMC (Spider Mite Control) and never returned, the SMC looks to be a European version of the SM90 available in the US with the same listed contents (1.0% coriander oil, 94% sulphonated canola oil solution, 5.0% triethanolamine).

Have only tested some early picked and dried leaves once that were taken at the start of flowering, a small bowl was smoked in a pipe and there was a noticeable but mild, short lived feeling of relaxation similar to that of smoking slightly frosty trim.

More info on Leonurus Sibiricus can be found at the following links :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonurus_sibiricus
http://entheology.com/plants/leonurus-sibiricus-siberian-motherwort/
https://simonsblogpark.com/legalhigh/simons-marihuanilla-leonurus-sibiricus-guide/

Cool man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

They are pretty too!

"In traditional medicine, practically all parts of the Leonurus sibiricus – roots, seeds, fruit and leaves – are used for various purposes."

"Marihuanilla may also be applied topically. Leaves of the plant are steeped in alcohol, after which the concoction is used to treat rheumatism and arthritis."
Please keep us informed...with pictures of what you do with this!

They are pretty too!

"In traditional medicine, practically all parts of the Leonurus sibiricus – roots, seeds, fruit and leaves – are used for various purposes."

"Marihuanilla may also be applied topically. Leaves of the plant are steeped in alcohol, after which the concoction is used to treat rheumatism and arthritis."
Please keep us informed...with pictures of what you do with this!

They really are quite a looker, so much so the best time to harvest the leaves for peak levels of Leonurine is just as they start to go into flower, but i could not bring myself to kill her off that early. Thought she might have got me a knock on the door from law enforcement during the pre flower stage also, as those preflowers before they open and the long fingered leaves looked like a big ol Sativa to anyone who passed by in the street.

Have only picked and dried a tea tin full of leaves so far from just before she flowered, but am going to start chopping and drying a bit more soon just wanted to give it a bit of time after spraying her for mites. Will be looking at using it mainly in tea for the wife looking to relax her a bit when her anxiety peaks, will try to knock up some kind of tincture depending on how much i end up with but don't really know anyone who would benefit to test it on, but will a bit of fun in the name of science either way and will if i remember grab some pics ;)

Will be looking at using it mainly in tea for the wife looking to relax her a bit when her anxiety peaks, will try to knock up some kind of tincture depending on how much i end up with but don't really know anyone who would benefit to test it on, but will a bit of fun in the name of science either way

I think other people may benefit in the same mild anti anxiety you are looking for, for your wife.
It is not illegal in many areas, so might be able to be grown more in the open than cannabis.
I always like hearing about natural treatments...:thanks:for growing this out and showing us!

Trimmed and hung a few branches to dry and grabbed a few more pics, along with some of a little 8 legged friend setting up home on her ;)

20170923_152134.jpg
20170923_152219.jpg
20170923_152302.jpg
20170923_152613.jpg
20170923_152659.jpg
20170923_152726.jpg
20170923_154831.jpg
20170923_154838.jpg

Aren't spiders grand?

Our tents always seem to attract spiders who have a big impact on the flying nuisances.
Outside, we encourage natural predators.
:smokeit:

Aren't spiders grand?

Our tents always seem to attract spiders who have a big impact on the flying nuisances.
Outside, we encourage natural predators.
:smokeit:

Are fantastic little beasts and always a welcome sight here any time, would usually collect up any i find on the terrace and put them in the tent with my canna girls, but it looked so happy there spinning his new home so i let him be, as touch wood the tent is nice and bug free since temps dropped and the fungus gnats buggered off ;)

A quick update on this one as i trimmed and hung to dry the rest of this plant at the end of last week. The early harvested leaves and flowers have dried and are now crushed up and in a tea tin, with the rest looking to be ready to process some time soon this week.

The missus had her first cuppa last night with a couple of small teaspoons added to a shop brought relaxing tea bag in which passion flower is the main ingredient, she said she noticed a slight increase in the normal effect of the relaxing tea blend but could have been placebo or the fact she was overly tired as she continues to recover from her op, she also mentioned it gave a surprisingly good (due to the fact it dont smell to pleasant at all) taste to the tea, she is going to be trying more soon in a larger amount brewed up on its own so will see what happens then, but either way looks to make for a tasty brew ;)

20171009_220750.jpg
20171009_220838.jpg
20171009_220919.jpg
20171009_220932.jpg
20171009_221001.jpg
20171009_221009.jpg
20171009_221030.jpg

Back