Light green/yellowish leaves, all 4 plants

@ waira I am not saying that there is not a whole host of potential problems going on here. FFOF right at the top of the list followed closely by PH.

I do believe chloramines are deadly to your root biome. I did not think chloramines were directly toxic to the plant. Chloramines are persistent - They don't break down in air like chlorine does. This is why it is used in some municipal water systems. Chlorine and Chloromines both kill bacteria and other organisms bad and good. In soil chloramines can kill the good bacteria that is breaking down the nutrients that feed the plant. Since Chloramine is more persistent it will have a greater potential to kill the very microbes that are feeding the plant.

I now believe it also has the potential to harm the plant directly since I just discovered this study. Granted it is not apples to apples but the proof of direct plant stunting to hydroponic lettuce is topical.

View attachment 1146598

View attachment 1146599

Lettuce.................... I know maybe some day the studies will be on cannabis.
I saw this study MoG, interesting yes,... but worse than not-apples-to-apples especially in the case of hydro' where the roots are literally marinating in it... Soil offers other buffering/breakdown interactions missing in a simple aqueous environment. And one study on lettuce does not a translate over to cannabis in soil... I've seen other articles discrediting the severity of effects on soil microbes at the user-end of treated water.. Really it comes down to actual levels, and it's highly unlikely they are at such a level so as to lay waste to the biome in the soil to such a degree that it somehow compromises plant health...

Last edited:
I saw this study MoG, interesting yes,... but worse than not-apples-to-apples especially in the case of hydro' where the roots are literally marinating in it... Soil offers other buffering/breakdown interactions missing in a simple aqueous environment. And one study on lettuce does not a translate over to cannabis in soil... I've seen other articles discrediting the severity of effects on soil microbes at the user-end of treated water.. Really it comes down to actual levels, and it's highly unlikely they are at such a level so as to lay waste to the biome in the soil to such a degree that it somehow compromises plant health...
I grow hydro so it is of greater importance to me in that regard. I really agree with you in that there are so many Fox Farm soil grows end up in here that it warrents a slurry test for PH.

Back