Lighting expert talks cannabis

:thumbsup: Great finds Al, thank you! I just finished the first one, onto the 2nd soon...
This is excellent info, must-see stuff,.. it will clear a lot of the fog and hype from the eyes especially new growers...

Dr Bruce Bugbee isn't just a lghting expert he's a plant Science Biology God... He's been funded by NASA for 33 years plant science 44 years plus and is the CEO of Apogee Industries Quantum Lite meter sensing company......

Dr Bruce Bugbee... He is a straight-up Guru... Of plant science.....

I've been studying this man for a year. And I have preached his studies all over AFN for at least 6 months now.....

Everything he's doing is relevant current and exclusively geared towards cannabis and hemp growing. He and his team of scientists grads and undergrads are performing hundreds if not thousands of tests on growing cannabis and the outcome of what the test results are and published monthly...

But since the Coronavirus the updates have been far and few between..... Sad
But there's plenty of relevant information to watch on YouTube. He has plenty of other Publications are readily available. But not as much cannabis because Utah State University only got their license a short time ago to study cannabis and hemp.
But his and his team have broke the old rules of PAR and artificial lighting. And what is now know of the cannabis plant

:thumbsup: Great finds Al, thank you! I just finished the first one, onto the 2nd soon...
This is excellent info, must-see stuff,.. it will clear a lot of the fog and hype from the eyes especially new growers...

My timer failed and the plant got an extra 8 hours, will this be a big problem ? i am 2-3 weeks from the finish

With the addition of far red leds to lights, as in my new Mars SP3000, this vid explains why mfgs are adding them.
Key note towards the end of the vid: The professor states that far red enhances bud formation, but also trends to earlier flower formation.
Just thinking off cuff, with cannabis being a "shade avoidant" plant, auto indicas should benefit more from the "shade avoidant" reaction of getting taller. With far reds being added, I think all strains will/do benefit from LST and other forms of training. Far reds makes training more important to perform IMHO.
Naturally, more studies are needed!

This is beautiful thanks for sharing
Is there a video that helps understand UVA and UVB effects aswell
He actually just put out some recently going over the differences.

He says that UV can help keep plants short, increase cuticle thickness, and can help inhibit some diseases. One interesting thing he mentions is that there was a paper that found that "pulsing" the UV light by turning it on one day and off the next, increased colors and flavor of plants.

From what I understand the effects of UVA and UVB are similar, but it depends on the dose. UVB is stronger so it will elicit a stronger reaction, but its like sunburn in humans, too much and it can hurt.

This guys stuff was what convinced me to buy the Spydr series light back when.
The light spectrum shift they had at the time was where I was looking go and praying was right.
As it turns out he was right and I got a decent jump on competitors, with even now some light company's just filling the spectrms bruce talks about.
There really is a noticeable difference in your product.
Like its not just me saying it- the market clearly drives towards flower grown under the increased spectrum of light.

ns

Back