link to Silica benefits,...

@robbio Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I use it with EVERY feed and with calimag. I mix up all of my nutes in mmy galoon jug then feed my ladies.Now i dont know whats going up underneath the soil but under my midnight express white flies are in my medium but it doesnt seem to be effecting the plant at all. still looking vigorous, and smells like extraterrestrial sex . I assume the silica is keeping them from f'in with the plant and the soil must be healthy if out of all of my backyard, they choose my 5 gallon planter to live:smokeout:

Can I take some sand, grind it till it becomes fine dust, mix it with water and then add it when fertilising? Note: I dont want to bother with buying those products :/

Can I take some sand, grind it till it becomes fine dust, mix it with water and then add it when fertilising? Note: I dont want to bother with buying those products :/

Yes, if you use the right "Sand"
Our plants don't live long enough to break down sand.
I think you need water soluble "sand":
71KDWQR-H0L._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KPXGNTO/ref=mp
$13.95, sprinkle it on top or mix it in... and forget about it.
Every time you water some silicon dissolves into the from plants need. It is self limiting, can't build up more than about 100 PPM in the water. Simple, easy: fire and forget.

Also very handy for lazy growers like me that recycle the soil several times.

Last edited:
Back