link to Silica benefits,...

I ended up purchasing the botanicare silica blast
010.JPG

Hey man can you use silica blast with calmag,how often do you use it.I bought the same product .and need some advice on it.Peace.

:smoking:...all good stuff guys, there are several brands out there, and as mentioned earlier, most all are the same stuff, Potassium silicate,.... Robbio - such products are compatible with everything, so far as I've seen,... concentrations, minor formulation differences between brands is typical, so follow the label recommendations,... best effects come with regular use, at sufficient levels, to allow the Si molecules to link with each other along with the other cell wall components...:thumbsup:..it's great as a foliar spray as well, just be sure to use a water spreader/wetting agent along with it, as with any other foliar application, be it feeds, pesticides, whatever... lots of good, inexpensive choices out there for this too!... This stuff takes the surface tension out of the solution you're spraying, so it coats and sticks more evenly, instead of just beading up and rolling off,...always spray tops and bottoms of leaves especially, since most of the stomata are on the undersides of the leaves (more surface area covered=more absorbed!); these openings are the only way into the plant via leaves, and only get in when in aqueous solution,... it's a good idea after such applications to re-wet with plain water after it dries, to redissolve stuff for a "second helping", and the rinse excess off...:biggrin: :cheers:

:smoking:...all good stuff guys, there are several brands out there, and as mentioned earlier, most all are the same stuff, Potassium silicate,.... Robbio - such products are compatible with everything, so far as I've seen,... concentrations, minor formulation differences between brands is typical, so follow the label recommendations,... best effects come with regular use, at sufficient levels, to allow the Si molecules to link with each other along with the other cell wall components...:thumbsup:..it's great as a foliar spray as well, just be sure to use a water spreader/wetting agent along with it, as with any other foliar application, be it feeds, pesticides, whatever... lots of good, inexpensive choices out there for this too!... This stuff takes the surface tension out of the solution you're spraying, so it coats and sticks more evenly, instead of just beading up and rolling off,...always spray tops and bottoms of leaves especially, since most of the stomata are on the undersides of the leaves (more surface area covered=more absorbed!); these openings are the only way into the plant via leaves, and only get in when in aqueous solution,... it's a good idea after such applications to re-wet with plain water after it dries, to redissolve stuff for a "second helping", and the rinse excess off...:biggrin: :cheers:
Thank you Waira,i appreciate your time.Peace.

I scribbled this on my Journal when I was reading about Aptus silicon. If wrong I would like to correct it.
If inappropriate I can delete, just send a PM

The 250ml bottle is $130 on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/nw9azdw
That is about $2000 per gallon, too expensive for me but I like learning new stuff.
Looks like Aptus FASiLITOR is using boric and silicic acid and moly and PEG 400 in a lower pH, lower concentration for easier absorption. Convenient for hydroponics, but not sure I want PEG 400 (Polyethylene glycol) in my buds.

Is Aptus FASiLITOR really just Silliforce.... re-branded, repackaged, re-marketed, and with an impressive price increase: http://agro-solutions.us/solutions/siliforce/
If it is really the same stuff then I admire the Aptus alchemy, they are turning sand into gold.
Maybe Aptus has tweaked the formula and added special ingredients?

Aptus FaSilitor says their silicon is bio-available immediately.
Others silicon additives have some available immediately, and some later as bigger particles to break up into small pieces the plants can use. Does Aptus FASiLITOR make a measurable difference compared to the cheaper stuff like Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt?

There is an easier way.
From now on, when mixing growing soil I will mix in 5% food grade DE (Diatamaceous Earth).
Good for the soil and it gradually breaks down into bio-available silicon as plants use it, can't overdose because it won't dissolve more than about 120 ppm at 7 pH, it is self limiting. Could even use it in hydro.
Simple, cheap, easy, and one less bottle to trip over.

$22 for 10 lbs on Amazon http://tinyurl.com/p5nlhht

Last edited:
Only $7799 for the 20 liter bottle. And they have some in stock.

aptus.jpg

Help, I think I have lost touch with reality...is this what it feels like to slip in madness.
Maybe I am dreaming.

Last edited:
Only $7799 for the 20 liter bottle. And they have some in stock.

View attachment 494476

Help, I think I have lost touch with reality...is this what it feels like to slip in madness.
Maybe I am dreaming.
Idk man i use the aptus line and fasilitor. You use 3ml per 5 gallons of water. You wouldnt ever purchase that amount unless you had a few facilities maybe. But the 250ml bottle lasts a long time. Since i started using that line ive been getting 3 + ounces of large colas accompanied by 2 ounces of small buds per photo period plant. . All are looking super healthy and extremely dense.. id say try the believer pack for 25 bucks and lets have a review from you. Or do a side by side. Veg 2 clones one with fasilitor and start boost the other with just water or w.e you have been using

Back