Little bit of this and that (some questions)

Hey growfriend,

I ran biobizz light mix for several grows over the last year. Had nothing but odd issues grow after grow. Changed nutrient lines, timing, pH, watering schedules, etc ...

I recently emptied the bag and tried a solo cup coco coir grow. Should have been a disaster. Ended up being the best plant I've grown to date. So if you aren't having success with the BBLM, you're not the only one.

Everything you are learning with it is correct and valuable for later grows but if you can't sort out a nice plant, it might be the soil.

Hey DCLXVI!

I've been looking at Coco coir a bit but the added work in both keeping ph and watering more often puts me off.
I can't spend too much time on the plants in that way, it won't fit in my daily life.
I think I'll try to do something like... 60% Perlite and 40% bblm next time maybe.

Hey DCLXVI!

I've been looking at Coco coir a bit but the added work in both keeping ph and watering more often puts me off.
I can't spend too much time on the plants in that way, it won't fit in my daily life.
I think I'll try to do something like... 60% Perlite and 40% bblm next time maybe.
Impo, it seems that coco tends to be better in setups that are pretty much automated, like autopots or drip systems or whatever. I feel like watering coco by hand could very quickly become a full time job of its own lol.

I think I've found the issue with my orange bud!
It's gone hydrophobic..

When watering the water goes through but when I "poke" up the top soil where I just watered it's totally dry beneath.

How do I fix this?
Need to do something asap. I'm not sure I can get a hold of yucca powder. I'm not sure if it's called the same in my country for example.

Well, I'm sure someone more experienced may come along with a better suggestion but.....

I've had a few pepper plants in peat that dried out and went just like that.

I took the whole bag/pot and dunked it in a bucket of water until it all rehydrated. So maybe try mixing up a weak solution, pH it properly, give it a dunk if you can find a big enough container.

Just took a second look.... Airpots eh? If you haven't got a large enough bucket, and I know airpots are wide, you could also try filling the bathtub. The bottom of the airpot is raised a bit already so you'll need to get the water level above that lower screen/base.

Sort of attempt a bottom watering style soak. You may need to run a bit of a flush through after as old nutes and salts will get pushed up. Just an idea for getting all that soil rehydrated. If you try to top water enough I suspect it will just run out the side ports well before penetrating.

Good luck.

@DCLXVI
I just checked for tips to fix this and I'm guessing it's the same for all plants.
And dunking the whole pot in a bigger container of water until air bubbles stop coming up should do the trick.
Need to ph the water though, shouldn't be a issue I got som citric acid left to use.

They seem to be trucking along so far.
Not the best out there, but they are surviving :smoking:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
Back