Lockout or Deficiency?

Reaction score
Right, so I'm having trouble identifying what the cause of this is. In fact, it's been fairly common among all of my grows soon after my plants enter flowering, so obviously it's not strain specific. Maybe something lacking in my nutrients?

I use MegaCrop for my nutes, Electric Sky ES300 V3 for lighting, (currently set to the lowest recommended light power for flowering, temps are 24C / 75F, RH is 70%

About 600PPM going in, using ProMix HP for medium.

My hunch is that it's a Phosphorus deficiency but maybe it's a Potassium deficiency? Maybe I need to dial down the light? I just can't figure it out.

Some of the leaves are starting show tiny brown dots. You can see some of the branches are showing red/purple streaks. And this is happening on all 3 plants in this tent.

It's getting worse each day, yikes.

IMG_20210514_143608.jpg

IMG_20210514_143632.jpg

IMG_20210514_143649.jpg

IMG_20210514_143719.jpg

IMG_20210514_143836.jpg

IMG_20210514_143914.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_143941.jpg
    IMG_20210514_143941.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 21
Right, so I'm having trouble identifying what the cause of this is. In fact, it's been fairly common among all of my grows soon after my plants enter flowering, so obviously it's not strain specific. Maybe something lacking in my nutrients?

I use MegaCrop for my nutes, Electric Sky ES300 V3 for lighting, (currently set to the lowest recommended light power for flowering, temps are 24C / 75F, RH is 70%

My hunch is that it's a Phosphorus deficiency but maybe it's a Potassium deficiency? Maybe I need to dial down the light? I just can't figure it out.

Some of the leaves are starting show tiny brown dots. You can see some of the branches are showing red/purple streaks. And this is happening on all 3 plants in this tent.

View attachment 1318231
View attachment 1318232
View attachment 1318233
View attachment 1318234
View attachment 1318235
View attachment 1318236
What is ph of water and water with nutes?

About 600PPM going in

was going to ask the same as Bill and also about those ppms... how much of that number is from the water?

View attachment 1318231
View attachment 1318232
View attachment 1318233
View attachment 1318234
View attachment 1318235
View attachment 1318236
The red marks on the petioles (leaf stems) is from light intensity. You'll notice it's only on the top where the light is hitting it. Think of it like a plant sunburn. That is normal. At least the ones in that last picture.

We are going to need more information on this problem.

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate: night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: PH in the root zone. How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics! Turn off the grow lights.

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used: How much, how often and when?

water source:

PH in the root zone:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

What is ph of water and water with nutes?

PH of water is 7.5, PH water WITH nutes is 6.4 - 6.6

was going to ask the same as Bill and also about those ppms... how much of that number is from the water?

Water PPM is only 20 (without nutes)

The red marks on the petioles (leaf stems) is from light intensity. You'll notice it's only on the top where the light is hitting it. Think of it like a plant sunburn. That is normal. At least the ones in that last picture.

unfortunately the red marks on the main trunk, branches and leaf stems are all through the plant top to bottom, bottom to top.

PH of water is 7.5, PH water WITH nutes is 6.4 - 6.6

Water PPM is only 20 (without nutes)

unfortunately the red marks on the main trunk, branches and leaf stems are all through the plant top to bottom, bottom to top.
Looking and sounding like a sulphur deficiency. I'd start with adding 1/2 tsp per gallon of Epsom Salts to your feed.

Are you using MC 1 part? Anything added other than that?

Back