Looking for advise on replicating or maintaining a strain

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Mazer x
Good Day everyone. I have recently become very interested in breeding autoflowers and this forum has been a great learning tool for myself. I like autoflowers for many reasons( I live fairly far North, early harvest, etc) but I decided on breeding them because I have had too many heartbreaks and disappointments trying to grow reg photo plants ending up with a large percentage of males after a long vegging period. I don't mind the auto males because the ones I have had show their sex around the 3 week mark and I have very little (time,space,money) invested in them at that point.

I Started my breeding adventure last summer when I finally came across a pack of the Joint Doctor Reg auto mixed pack. I crossed the males and females for seeds as well as (accidently one of my Automazar) i have been very impressed with how these seeds produced so far. this year I have crossed a male automazar x with a Pineapple Express auto. The Pineapple Express looks amazing so far (waiting for the seeds to mature to harvest) my quick guestimate is it will produce over 600 seeds and looks and smells fantastic.

My question where i'm looking for advise is I'm trying to keep this strain as close to the Pineapple Express as possible I was originally going to breed a male from this seed batch (F1)back to another PE mother(P1?) them possible repeat this step again. But after reading though the forums I am wondering if it would work out better if I breed the F1's together first (selecting the best ones) and and cross the F2 or even F3 back to the P1. I have tried reading into this and just end up confusing myself on the best action to take. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete noob at this. Thanks for Reading

Crossing autos works great if you cross a photo period strain with auto you will have a mix set of traits for photo period and autos so with this said you would need to creat seeds of what ever concoction you want then back cross strictly autos to keep the auto Gene and several times tell the auto Gene is dominant but if you cross two stable auto varieties the auto Gene seems to stay dominant I've made a couple dozen strains I'm most pound of a autoflower I created that's fast finishing 7-8 weeks max from seed to ripe bud and the bud is completely purple the leafs green the stem green dark purple buds I call it the purple paracite it's very citrus smelling amazing yeilds and the smoke keeps you high for hrs I stubbled into a unique situation with a bit of luck and research before crossing and Bam it created a beautiful plant I'm very happy with it good luck on your adventures they will seem endless until you reach your goal

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

@bdc151redrum Thanks for the reply, so far all seeds have produced autos so I think the auto gene is stable so far. My main reason for wanting to keep the traits of the Pineapple Express auto is since i'm not sure on who the original father was I am just trying to get a somewhat stable strain before I start my breeding projects. Your Purple Paracite sounds awesome. I was just thinking for my first real project I would like to end up with a purple strain. Do you have any suggestions on purple autoflower strains to experiment with. Thanks

Auto purple might be a good one I used this one

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ive Heard of breeders back crossing to the same cut only strain multiple times to make a stable ibl w males. I'm going to try something along those lines ....

I say use the seed stock for future breeding projects so you have some material to go through to make a selection.

how can I get some of your beans?

If you want more pineapple I would just get the same pineapple strain and cross it to your best f1, then a take those beans and your f1s and make a cross. If you need to go more stable from there I'd say self it and have yourself some fem seeds.

Pineapple Express x f1
(PE x f1) x f1
Self next gen for fems

Also a complete noob here, good luck

Good Day everyone. I have recently become very interested in breeding autoflowers and this forum has been a great learning tool for myself. I like autoflowers for many reasons( I live fairly far North, early harvest, etc) but I decided on breeding them because I have had too many heartbreaks and disappointments trying to grow reg photo plants ending up with a large percentage of males after a long vegging period. I don't mind the auto males because the ones I have had show their sex around the 3 week mark and I have very little (time,space,money) invested in them at that point.

I Started my breeding adventure last summer when I finally came across a pack of the Joint Doctor Reg auto mixed pack. I crossed the males and females for seeds as well as (accidently one of my Automazar) i have been very impressed with how these seeds produced so far. this year I have crossed a male automazar x with a Pineapple Express auto. The Pineapple Express looks amazing so far (waiting for the seeds to mature to harvest) my quick guestimate is it will produce over 600 seeds and looks and smells fantastic.

My question where i'm looking for advise is I'm trying to keep this strain as close to the Pineapple Express as possible I was originally going to breed a male from this seed batch (F1)back to another PE mother(P1?) them possible repeat this step again. But after reading though the forums I am wondering if it would work out better if I breed the F1's together first (selecting the best ones) and and cross the F2 or even F3 back to the P1. I have tried reading into this and just end up confusing myself on the best action to take. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete noob at this. Thanks for Reading
best plan of action would be to femenize a pineapple express, breed her to herself and use the S1 for unlimited pineapple express

best plan of action would be to femenize a pineapple express, breed her to herself and use the S1 for unlimited pineapple express
S1 don't breed true to parent. You get something random. Although it's still possible to get something the same is original parent.

You still around @fishnbud ? I want to know how this projected progressed. I think it you had the right idea making f2 and f3 with pineapple heavy selections.

Back