Low Yeild

You do not have to use new soil each time. But that Pro Mix is soil less media and has no added nutrients. When you use dry nutrients like the Gaia green stuff, you really need to be adding some kind of beneficial microbes to break that down into plant available form. Recharge, Rootwise, EM-1 are all products that would help.

Im new grower and grow in living soil and use Build a Soil Craft Blend and earth worn castings/compost to reamend my soil. After I cut plants, leave most of the roots, mix in CB, EWC, and compost and water with Recharge/Rootwise and let sit in a bin for 2-3 weeks to let the microbes do their work and break down soil amendments.
Hope this helps some, as I said, I'm not the most experienced so someone else can probably give you more specific advice. Good luck with the grow!

Last edited:
:yeahthat: I don't grow in promix but that soil looking extremely dry how much are you watering and how often?

I have transplanted a few times now and have not seen much negative affects and actually had a couple blow up after being transplanted but it needs to be done carefully and at the right time... I personally transplant within a few days of sprout once they have their first true leaves I am getting ready... I also sprinkle the transplant of with Great White mycorrhizae

here is one.... tranplant day and just before harvest she was one of my biggest plants:d5:

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6397.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

I don't grow in promix but that soil looking extremely dry how much are you watering and how often?
That's my 1st thought. Those bags don't look like they've ever been wet. @Mañ'O'Green has a thing here about proper watering. Give that a read. I don't have a link but I think @Lil Dab might have it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's my 1st thought. Those bags don't look like they've ever been wet. @Mañ'O'Green has a thing here about proper watering. Give that a read. I don't have a link but I think @Lil Dab might have it :thumbsup:

you mean this? Not necessarily a link I just have a spreadsheet I copy and paste from :haha::rofl::biggrin::d5:

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. There is an art to watering.

@trivium :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:A lot of factors can stunt a plant but I think your choke point is the lights you are using?

HLG and Mars Hydro both have a presence on our forum and they both have some inexpensive grow lights that will serve you better. I personally run ChillLed GrowCraft lights but they are expensive. I average 5oz per autoflower plant.

:yeahthat: ....Think MoG has it right, 70 watts actual in LED seems way too little to me as well. With 3 x TS 1000 I get 3.5 to 4 oz per plant, Have since dropped to 2 x TS 1000 and looking like I'll be about the same. Not sure what nutes you are using but I'm running real used soil (Happy Frog) and off the shelf Osmocote from Lowe's in 4 gal auto pots.
If you could at least add two more of those lights I think you'd see a difference.

I am going to jump on the bandwagon of your choke point being your light source. It doesn't matter how much you dial your nutrients, soil, or conditions if you are only giving it 70 watts out of the wall. If you want to see increased yield, you need to increase photosynthesis. Its best to have too much light you can dim back or raise up, than not enough and you end up with string beans.

I have used and own several cheaper amazon blurple lights as well as a Mars Hydro TSL2000, and they did the job satisfactory and are relatively cheap compared to high end LEDS. That said, I absolutely love my HLG lights.

Back