Low Yeild

trivium

New User
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

im struggling with low yield on my plants, I was growing in a tent in the garage with a small heater and a water basin to keep the air from drying out. Im pretty sure I stressed the plants out all my grows in the winter have had low yield. I have since moved them inside and have a proper setup now but the veg stage is done, therefore it's too late to tell. I also upgraded my lighting also as I currently had 2 x 35watt LED grow lights. They are apparently supposed to be 100 watt equivalent LED lights each though I think thats crap. They were cheap amazon lights.

A few questions though:
-how much fertilizer am I supposed to use? Im currently using Gaia green power bloom during the flowing stage and all purpose during vegetative stage. The biggest issues seems to be a stunted growth during vegetative stage.

-I've been reusing the soil, though I just read I should not be and thats it's not worth it. This might be my issue all along so perhaps I should use new soil each time? Im using pro-mix high porosity with mycorrhizae Amazon product

-What pot size should I use? Im currently using 5 gallon pots, are these two big and will they use up too much soil?
-I have a product that reduced my alkaline water so I use a PH of around 6 or so, I understand this is fine.

I also have a seed germinator with a light, I like to start them in here as it's the perfect moisture then transfer them out as soon as they pop out. I've read that autoflowers do not like being transferred, does it really matter this early on though? I've heard of paper towel methods in a warm location, though with the seed germinator I have I have not killed a single seed.

this thing here:
Amazon product

Again I transfer as soon as possible, so basically when the plant pops out.

Whats “low yield” ? I get like 30 to 50 grams per plant in 2 gal pots
Like 8 grams, though I did have one 30 gram yield a while back, it was in the summer if I recall Which means I didn’t really need to run the little heater. This is why I moved everything indoors with a carbon filter. A good example is my two CBD plants I’m growing now, one of them dwarfed out for some reason even though they are identical. I couldn’t even train it as it was tor small. I think the biggest question is around the early transplanting, I really like that seed starter though as i have had 100% success so far with germination. I’ve heard others complain about low germination rates with the wet, warm paper towel method. Are my 5 gallons pots a waste of soil then if I’m going to toss it each time?

It's not fully clear whether you've recently updated lighting or not, but the cited "2 x 35watt LED grow lights," even if advertised as 100 watt equivalent, just seem too low, or at best suited for no more than 2 plants.

In terms of yield, even with my lazy growing I generally get ≥1 gram of bud/day of growth, such as >2 oz. at 2 months, about 100 grams if plant grows 3 months.

"2 x 35watt LED grow lights," even if advertised as 100 watt equivalent, just seems too low, or at best suited for no more than 2 plants.

In terms of yield, even with my lazy growing I generally get ≥1 gram of bud/day of growth, such as >2 oz. at 2 months, about 100 grams if plant grows 3 months.
that is ALOT, I wish. Yes I usually grow just two plants so one light for each. Though I just upgraded one of my light, I’ll probably use it in tandem with the cheaper two I have. Everyone is getting better yields but me, I would be overjoyed with 30G of CBD. At any rate, I just bought some 3 gallon pots so hopefully save some soil. I will start dumping my soil after each grow. 8 gram yields is not even worth growing.

IMG_2576.jpeg

Look how small these are, the one on the right dwarfed out for some reason As well. Running 18/6 light schedule BTW.

Like 8 grams, though I did have one 30 gram yield a while back, it was in the summer if I recall Which means I didn’t really need to run the little heater. This is why I moved everything indoors with a carbon filter. A good example is my two CBD plants I’m growing now, one of them dwarfed out for some reason even though they are identical. I couldn’t even train it as it was tor small. I think the biggest question is around the early transplanting, I really like that seed starter though as i have had 100% success so far with germination. I’ve heard others complain about low germination rates with the wet, warm paper towel method. Are my 5 gallons pots a waste of soil then if I’m going to toss it each time?
So your transplanting? Maybe your doing it to late. they say 14 days is about max before transplanting. I got straight to final pot germ in it too. Had a few stunted plants one was from topping I believe and the other is from over nutes. What breeder? And I tried to reuse soil. It was hp promix as well didnt work to well for me. Could be part of the problem

How old are the plants in the picture? To me, these look OK presuming these are no more than about 4-5 weeks old with more veg time to go.

The "dwarfed" plant on the right looks rather good, fairly normal size for a plant not yet even showing any buds starting to form, presumably still with a good amount of time to grow before entering bud stage. And the biomass/total leaf area looks comparable for the 2 plants (that appear to be maturing, entering bud stage, at different rates), but with the one on the left stretched more, with longer inter-leaf nodes. If anything, I'd be more concerned about the ~2x taller plant with less than optimal fan leaf biomass, with useless stretching, etc., while looking well ahead of the other plant, already starting to bud; not likely to grow all that much larger.

How old are the plants in the picture? To me, these look OK presuming these are no more than about 4-5 weeks old with more veg time to go.

The "dwarfed" plant on the right looks rather good, fairly normal size for a plant not yet even showing any buds starting to form, presumably still with a good amount of time to grow before entering bud stage. And the biomass/total leaf area looks comparable for the 2 plants (that appear to be maturing, entering bud stage, at different rates), but with the one on the left stretched more, with longer inter-leaf nodes. If anything, I'd be more concerned about the ~2x taller plant with less than optimal fan leaf biomass, with useless stretching, etc., while looking well ahead of the other plant, already starting to bud; not likely to grow all that much larger.
I just mix the nutes in with the soil, I believe they say you can do both. Honestly I completely forgot to write it down though I believe they are older than 4-5 weeks, they have not grown much and I can already smell buds forming.

So your transplanting? Maybe your doing it to late. they say 14 days is about max before transplanting. I got straight to final pot germ in it too. Had a few stunted plants one was from topping I believe and the other is from over nutes. What breeder? And I tried to reuse soil. It was hp promix as well didnt work to well for me. Could be part of the problem
No it’s usually a week, but I will take note of the 14 days, thanks. So HP pro mix is not great? These are the seeds https://www.truenorthseedbank.com/sweet-pure-auto-cbd-feminized-seeds-sweet-seeds

I always mix the notes directly in the with soil, i have not noticed any brown or burnt leaves though from Over notes.

Back