LST later in a grow?

I was wondering if there is a down side to opening up a canopy 7 weeks into a grow? Other than brittle branches is there any negative effect on the flower sites?

The determining factor here is the quality and strength of your lights. I do not defoliate, train or open the canopy. I only defoliate low for air movement. I also own some of the best grow lights available on the market today.

If you have lessor lights you may gain a little by opening the canopy some but in reality you will generally only get (X) g/watt based on the light type and spectrum regardless to training type.

:goodluck:

The determining factor here is the quality and strength of your lights. I do not defoliate, train or open the canopy. I only defoliate low for air movement. I also own some of the best grow lights available on the market today.

If you have lessor lights you may gain a little by opening the canopy some but in reality you will generally only get (X) g/watt based on the light type and spectrum regardless to training type.

:goodluck:
What lights are you running @Mañ'O'Green ?

I was wondering if there is a down side to opening up a canopy 7 weeks into a grow? Other than brittle branches is there any negative effect on the flower sites?
if your just spreading the Budd sites and foliage to allow for better light spread and airflow then absolutely not, no downside! yea the stems will be more brittle and set but if you take your time and just bend a bit at a time you'll be fine. lots of benefits... almost no downside ...unless u mess up lol

What lights are you running @Mañ'O'Green ?
My main lights are 2 - 500w Chilled Growcraft LEDs

But I also run in every grow:

2 Far Red Pucks
2 Royal Blue Pucks
2 50w LED w/blue
2 - 48" t5 Agromax UVA Plus 10,000K florescent lamps
1- 48" t5 Agromax Pure UV 75% UVB 25% UVA florescent lamps

I have a 24 sq ft space :cools:.

My main lights are 2 - 500w Chilled Growcraft LEDs

But I also run in every grow:

2 Far Red Pucks
2 Royal Blue Pucks
2 50w LED w/blue
2 - 48" t5 Agromax UVA Plus 10,000K florescent lamps
1- 48" t5 Agromax Pure UV 75% UVB 25% UVA florescent lamps

I have a 24 sq ft space :cools:.
That is quite the setup!
Those lights probably penetrates quite well!

You can just super crop instead of lst if the stems are not flexible enough

Is this with an Autoflower? If so I would imagine you are well Into flower. I certainly wouldn't do any supercropping at that stage.

If you are spreading out your main stems for light penetration and airflow, there certainly won't be any harm in it. Although in the future it would be better to train them apart earlier.

While you're at it you might want to also support the branches if you are anticipating heavy yields

Back