M or F, today starts week 6 and I'm still not sure

Reaction score
Strain is Apricot Papaya auto,
This is my first auto grow, I'm assuming this plant should be showing sex by now, but I still am not sure. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Should I put it on 12/12 to kickstart?
I obviously haven't trimmed or anything, just letting this one go natural as a baseline for my future auto grows.
20210824_115836.jpg

20210824_115853.jpg

Last edited:
I would say go 12/12 probably a mix up with seeds or genetics are not that good.. who's the breeder?

I would say go 12/12 probably a mix up with seeds or genetics are not that good.. who's the breeder?

It's actually Apricot Papaya, sorry I was eating a mango at the time and that fruit was on my mind. It's from Humboldt seed company, I only had one bean that I got from a friend, and yes I'm 100% positive thats what this bean is and where it came from.

Heres the lineage info: https://humboldtseedcompany.com/apricot-papaya/

Going by that info, I have no idea whats going on.

Reactions: AMG
It just happens sometimes since they might still have some recessive photo genes that could come out once in idk how many but it happens. Just change to 12/12 or give it another week and see how it goes.

@mb5322:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.Your plant looks great! Humboldt does not have an Apricot Papaya AUTO in the catalog. The link you provided is to a Photoperiod plant. You will need to run your lights 12/12 for it to bloom. It will be giant now :rofl:. Make sure you have no light leaks in the tent or pilot lights on devices.

Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

:goodluck:

@mb5322:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.Your plant looks great! Humboldt does not have an Apricot Papaya AUTO in the catalog. The link you provided is to a Photoperiod plant. You will need to run your lights 12/12 for it to bloom. It will be giant now :rofl:. Make sure you have no light leaks in the tent or pilot lights on devices.

Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

:goodluck:

It's not a photo, my buddy works for them and its their new auto, unless he sent me the wrong seed....

It's not a photo, my buddy works for them and its their new auto, unless he sent me the wrong seed....
How long has it been since it germinated - first true leaves?

If this is a new unreleased strain then it could be an auto but it does not look like it?

How long has it been since it germinated - first true leaves?

If this is a new unreleased strain then it could be an auto but it does not look like it?

So my stoner buddy now isn't sure and he can't remember what he sent me auto or photo, I'm going to assume he sent me photo, topping and defoliating it soon then going to spread it out and fill up the tent. There is an auto Apricot Papaya, but I'm thinking I got the photo, not a huge pain, but it ties up my tent for longer than I want, gotta figure out what to do with my ILGM white widow and G13 that were popped a week ago.

So my stoner buddy now isn't sure and he can't remember what he sent me auto or photo, I'm going to assume he sent me photo, topping and defoliating it soon then going to spread it out and fill up the tent. There is an auto Apricot Papaya, but I'm thinking I got the photo, not a huge pain, but it ties up my tent for longer than I want, gotta figure out what to do with my ILGM white widow and G13 that were popped a week ago.
The longer time needed to complete the Photo will pay off in a bigger yield assuming you have enough light. I save data like that from my grows and time over yield is about the same for autos and photos.

The longer time needed to complete the Photo will pay off in a bigger yield assuming you have enough light. I save data like that from my grows and time over yield is about the same for autos and photos.
Yeah I topped last night, giving time to recover, then I'm going to defoliate and scrog it, let it veg out to fill the tent then flip it. I have it so I might as well get the most out of her as I can. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the 2 beans I popped a few days ago. Just started a ILGM white widow and G13, so those two will finally be my first two auto's WW popped a week ago and G13 popped 2 days ago.

Back