Making oil

You can follow the video procedure using any solvent, including everclear, but some solvents work better than others.
The poisonous solvents might work a tiny bit better than 190 proof ethanol, but are very dangerous, and not worth the risk.
Either follow the video using everclear, or just make cannacaps or edibles.
Lower proof than 190 won't work as well.

RSO (nearly the same as FECO Full Extract Cannabis Oil) is very inconvenient, and most people dilute it at least slightly with a bit of warm oil.
Unless you need to take huge doses of thc daily, there are much easier, tastier methods.

Simplest of all is to decarb the herb (240 F for 40 min), grind to fine powder, blend/dissolve the herb powder along with some lecithin into the oil of any recipe, add that mixture to the recipe, bake, and use.
This is my favorite method.
There is almost zero herb taste when using at least 10 g edible with 1/4 gram herb, but whole herb does bother some peoples' stomachs.

The same thing can be done to make RSO, except that the herb is soaked, the mixture strained, and most/all of the alcohol evaporated/boiled off.

I have detailed written instructions for making FECO/RSO/Tincture or cannacaps if you have interest.

Yeah id like to see your instructions if thats ok.

Yeah id like to see your instructions if thats ok.

A very potent tincture can be made by using 1 oz flower to fill a 1 fl oz tincture bottle.
(1) Decarb 1 oz herb @ 240 F for 40 minutes. Ardent Lift/Nova works well for this.
(2) Grind to fine powder for a medicinal tincture (break into pieces for a recreational tincture).
(3) Soak in 1-1.5 cup 190 proof everclear for minutes, hours, days, or weeks with frequent shaking (use freezer cold everything and fast rinses for a recreational tincture).
I soak for 2 days at room temp on a continuously running stirrer hot plate. Magical Butter Machine is also good for this.
(4) Let the sediment settle (about 30 min or so), then filter thru coffee filters. Graduated cylinders are excellent for doing this.
(5) Add 1/2 cup more alcohol to the remaining sludge, shake vigorously, let settle, and strain into the previously strained liquid.
(6) Repeat step (5) with 1/4 cup alcohol. This 3rd soak should pick up almost all the medicine.
(7) Reduce the alcohol volume to 30 mL (careful boiling with good ventilation, or evaporation), and put into a tincture bottle. Green Oil Machine alcohol distiller or a clone from walmart works well for this.
An oil tincture can be made by removing all the alcohol, and replacing it with 30 mL of any oil.

The strength for good 15% thc herb in a 1000 drop tincture bottle will be
Potency = (0.15)*(28,000 mg)/(1000 drop) = 4.2 mg/drop
A size 00 cap can hold about 30 drops of this, or about 120 mg thc.

I suspect without proof that alcohol tinctures are better absorbed sublingually, but burn like hell.
I like to make both oil and alcohol tinctures, but prefer oil.
There is no need for any infusion into anything else, and either alcohol or oil tincture is well absorbed by the body.

Of course, any fraction of this recipe, or multiples of it, can be done.

Just to throw a curveball in, and I have no idea regarding the availability in the likes of the USA, those crazy Dutch people have created a nice little toy to make your oil called the Cannolator.

Basically, you put 20g of bud/trim in a tube, add 120ml of Everclear, the tube then sits in a baby bottle warmer for 2 hours and in the end you have around 2g of pure oil. All decarbing, etc, is done by the device, you literally turn it on and go and do something else with no worries.

Ok, you don't make much at a time but for simplicity I don't think it can be beaten so maybe it's worth looking at.

Back