MC Balls ?

MC is quite hygroscopic, so if you don’t totally seal up the bag it’s going to clump. I just crush everything up and let the balls fall where they may. LOL
And I'm sure you're getting decent results :thumbsup:
My only issue as I said is during the seedling stage to keep from having deficiencies.

I haven't worried about it too much, but something I've been doing is creating a concentrated solution.

I'll mix up about 250-500ml of warm water with 1g/10ml of water. You don't really worry about the big chunks as it's all been mixed up together. It also has the added benefit of reducing the time working with a powder which smells a bit and you end up breathing it in. I also find it's a bit quicker to mix up feeds, measuring liquid via a syringe vs weighing. And at the strength I mix it at, it's very easy to calculate that if I need 2g/gal and i'm mixing up a gallon, all i need to do is add 20ml of my concetrate.

I take about a cup of MC out of the bag, and grind it in my coffee grinder. Then put that powdered mixture into a Ziplock bag and feed from there. My OCD can not handle seeing the balls and not knowing what is "ball weight vs powder weight".:eyebrows:

Back