NEWS medical seed sources in Canada

Olderfart

DIY whenever possible, and sometimes when it isn't
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Various strains, via MCT oil tincture, gummies, dry flower vaping.
I have been attempting to find information on legal seed sources available specifically to medical permittees in Canada, so far without much luck. The government website lists the following outfits as registered suppliers of seeds, at least they are permitted to sell seed to medical patients, but so far, I have not found any of them that actually do sell seeds.

• 1422206 Ontario Inc.
  • 719953 NB Inc. d.b.a. Greenherb Farms
  • Abba Medix Corp.
  • Apollo Green Inc.
  • Artiva Inc.
  • Atlas Growers Ltd.
  • BLACK ROSE ORGANICS CANADA INC.
  • CannTrust Inc.
  • CannMart Inc.
  • CRG Pharma Inc.
  • JusteFeu inc.
  • Noble Growth Alberta Limited Partnership
  • QC GOLD TECH INC.
  • Tweed Inc.
  • Weed Me
Has anyone here obtained seeds from any of these operations? Does anyone know specifically of a registered legal source of medical weed seeds in Canada? I am not looking for information on general seed sources, I am looking for registered medical suppliers who actually sell legal medical seeds, preferably to anyone with a medical permit rather than only to those registered exclusively to them as supplier.

Thanks for any information.

As I understand it, as long as the seeds are purchased in Canada, you are good to go !

This article has a list of some of the Canadian retail seed banks.

I'm currently growing seeds from True North. They are a bit pricy but I only purchase when they are on sale :biggrin:

On my first purchase I received 30% off as a first time buyer and another 30% off to sign up for their newsletter !

Cheers

As I understand it, as long as the seeds are purchased in Canada, you are good to go !

This article has a list of some of the Canadian retail seed banks.

I'm currently growing seeds from True North. They are a bit pricy but I only purchase when they are on sale :biggrin:

On my first purchase I received 30% off as a first time buyer and another 30% off to sign up for their newsletter !

Cheers

The article that you linked is helpful, but skirts the real issue of whether the seedbanks are selling seeds legal under Canadian legislation.

As far as I know, only seeds from a supplier licensed specifically to sell seeds to retail customers are strictly legal, other than bag seed from an approved dispensary, which is, I think, technically legal because it was purchased from a an approved supplier even if the intent was to sell weed, not seeds. TNSB, as far as I know, is not a licensed vendor of seeds, but I would love to be corrected if you have other information. From somewhere other than TSNB would be even nicer. :biggrin:

Last edited:
The article that you linked is helpful, but skirts the real issue of whether the seedbanks are selling seeds legal under Canadian legislation.

As far as I know, only seeds from a supplier licensed specifically to sell seeds to retail customers are strictly legal, other than bag seed from an approved dispensary, which is, I think, technically legal because it was purchased from a an approved supplier even if the intent was to sell weed, not seeds. TNSB, as far as I know, is not a licensed vendor of seeds, but I would love to be corrected if you have other information. From somewhere other than TSNB would be even nicer. :biggrin:

Right there is the catch.

You can legally buy seeds in Canada from a seed bank but YOU can't sell them without a license.

From that I assume if they are selling seeds in Canada, they are licensed to do so.

Info from here

Cheers

Right there is the catch.

You can legally buy seeds in Canada from a seed bank but YOU can't sell them without a license.

From that I assume if they are selling seeds in Canada, they are licensed to do so.

Info from here

Cheers
I have read the article that you link to, and I have studied the applicable Act and Regulations. Bottom line is that recreational growers have to buy from government approved recreational outlets, of which not many have much in the way of seeds even if they stock any at all. Medical growers may have more options, particularly if TNSB and other sellers in Canada are licensed to retail seeds to medically approved growers. The great majority of the companies listed as seed suppliers do not market seeds even though they are licensed to do so - I checked most of the companies with websites, and they are mostly focussed on dried bud and other prepared products.

As far as I can determine, TNSB may be licensed to sell medical seeds, but the problem is that the list of licensees provided on the Health Canada website does not list them as licensed under that name. It is possible that TNSB is part of Noble Growth Alberta Partnership which is listed, but I have not been able to determine that for sure. I have an information request in to TNSB, but have not heard back yet. If I do, I will update.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate your taking the time. :pighug:

Back