Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Germ-tech, a quick guide!

Hey Meph I have done it every way possible. Even invented a few ways to germ seeds. Personally I prefer charmine because less is more :cheers:

But my question and concern is there are tons of microscopic little hairs all over the tap root and I may be a little nuts but removing them from the tissue could mess them up a little never mind an accidental wrong move and the taproot is gone. My question is do you ever use just a rapid rooter or regular plug and send them right into soil? My only concern here is the root has to work a little to bust out of it. But I always like to limit the handling time and still have 100% germ rate even with a dozen different formulas.

Hey Meph I have done it every way possible. Even invented a few ways to germ seeds. Personally I prefer charmine because less is more :cheers:

But my question and concern is there are tons of microscopic little hairs all over the tap root and I may be a little nuts but removing them from the tissue could mess them up a little never mind an accidental wrong move and the taproot is gone. My question is do you ever use just a rapid rooter or regular plug and send them right into soil? My only concern here is the root has to work a little to bust out of it. But I always like to limit the handling time and still have 100% germ rate even with a dozen different formulas.

Hi,

Just going from observations it doesn't appear that they get 'hurt' in any way. Giving them a spray of water in the tissue before transplanting them frees them up nicely, I pick them up by the seed head, then they are straight into the soil.

Cheers Mitch

I like an overnight soak in tap water and direct to dirt myself, but I also have big clumsy hands and poor eyesight. I lose more seeds by dropping them than having failed germs. :smoking:

I germ with paper towel method too. Just pick any plastic cup and put couple toilet paper layers to bottom and lay seeds over it, then put couple layers to top and give a little soak of water and put them to dark closet. Preferly 20-26C of warmness.
100% germ rates untill seeds are not viable or really old. 1-2days and those should have little tap roots and 2-3 days for first pair of leafs usualy, some may even go faster.

Hi,

Just going from observations it doesn't appear that they get 'hurt' in any way. Giving them a spray of water in the tissue before transplanting them frees them up nicely, I pick them up by the seed head, then they are straight into the soil.

Cheers Mitch

When you plant in this manner, do you bury the seed head a little as well so the soil can help brush off the seed shell, or do you find this necessary?

When you plant in this manner, do you bury the seed head a little as well so the soil can help brush off the seed shell, or do you find this necessary?

Yes they are placed around 3mm below the surface and usually a little extra soil is brushed on top of that.
Cheers

i use a paper towel method on coffe or tea saucer, cover it with top of sugar can and left it on my router.. I have to say that i gor very poor results with mephisto beans.. like 30% succes rate.. dont know why thou...

i use a paper towel method on coffe or tea saucer, cover it with top of sugar can and left it on my router.. I have to say that i gor very poor results with mephisto beans.. like 30% succes rate.. dont know why thou...

Give our method a try and you should see much much better results.
We only make batches of seeds available to buy/be sent out when we are happy with the germ tests on the farm (90% + with a batch of 100+ seeds)

Cheers

Back