Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Monday - March 7th

They might be the same strain, but that purple pheno is a very different plant from strawberry nuggets. My PN is a much taller more open structure plant than sn. The sn are short, compact, and very tight nodes in comparison. For the way I grow, I would take the PN every time. IMO the PN is what I would use in crosses because of the better structure.
cheers
os

My SN was pretty tall, about 4' and yielded 13.4 oz from the single plant in a 5 gallon. I was expecting it to be compact as well, and I was ok with that, but it wasn't. Obviously I'm ok with that too. I do not know if I got lucky, or if I'm a master gardener, though I would like to think the latter. I'll grow it again in the near future to see if I can get similar results. YMMV and all of that jazz...

My SN was pretty tall, about 4' and yielded 13.4 oz from the single plant in a 5 gallon. I was expecting it to be compact as well, and I was ok with that, but it wasn't. Obviously I'm ok with that too. I do not know if I got lucky, or if I'm a master gardener, though I would like to think the latter. I'll grow it again in the near future to see if I can get similar results. YMMV and all of that jazz...
That’s killer for a Strawberry Nuggets in my book. I suspect you got the unicorn pheno, and are a master gardener. I end up with under 2’ tall sn plants that yield just over 100g. Which is fine for something with that high of quality. I definitely see the compact trait in all the SN crosses that I have run. It’s usually not quite so pronounced, but I always see the influence. I can pick it out easily in strains like Deez Nugg, Alien Berries, Strawberry Mango Crumble, and Jammy Dodgers. The cross I would love to get my hands on is Forgotten Strawberries. I’d like to see how Fugue State balances out the more compact nature of sn.
cheers
os

That’s killer for a Strawberry Nuggets in my book. I suspect you got the unicorn pheno, and are a master gardener. I end up with under 2’ tall sn plants that yield just over 100g. Which is fine for something with that high of quality. I definitely see the compact trait in all the SN crosses that I have run. It’s usually not quite so pronounced, but I always see the influence. I can pick it out easily in strains like Deez Nugg, Alien Berries, Strawberry Mango Crumble, and Jammy Dodgers. The cross I would love to get my hands on is Forgotten Strawberries. I’d like to see how Fugue State balances out the more compact nature of sn.
cheers
os
I am running 2 Strawberry Nuggets, 2 Sour Stompers, and a 4 assed monkey. The SN structure is a little more compact than I prefer. I much prefer the Sour Stomper and 4 Assed Monkey over it. Now the smoke... I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm hoping I really like the smoke because I still have a lot of seeds. Lol my 2 plants are WELL under 4 foot tall... They are not even 2ft tall...

cheers
os

I seem to get similar plant size/yield give or take, in most plants that I grow these days. Especially now that I don't do hardcore LST tie downs much. I do top and lollipop and open the canopy up as needed. I did notice that SN did not want to be tied down, even though I really didn't plan on it. So I dunno if that helped it, or others are doing a lot of pinning of branches, etc. One reason I got away from doing that is because I felt that it was stunting my plants a lot. After they are topped, I defoliate here and there, tuck some leaves. And let them go. Once they are tall enough, I have grommets I install on my fabric pots and I use soft garden wire to open the canopies up for even light to the fruiting sites. It seems like I said, that when I started doing this vs wanting to control the plant, I get repeatable results on most strains. You can check out my grow thread linked in my signature below. Also in that thread is the monster Twisted Tree AMR auto that was engulfing almost an entire 4x4. Unfortunately, we got wind that we had to move so I had to cull it.

Anyway, yes I was shocked by the size and quite possibly a unicorn. I kinda sprouted it knowing it would be smaller and something I could tuck in a corner and enjoy. And obviously it went against the Mephisto descriptor for behavior. I have seen a couple others on Reddit with pretty big SN plants as well.

As mentioned we just moved. So I'm just now getting one of the tents back up to run a couple. I'm doing Walter White next and something else. But I will be curious to see if I can get a repeat SN fairly soon. Smoke is great though.

I seem to get similar plant size/yield give or take, in most plants that I grow these days. Especially now that I don't do hardcore LST tie downs much. I do top and lollipop and open the canopy up as needed. I did notice that SN did not want to be tied down, even though I really didn't plan on it. So I dunno if that helped it, or others are doing a lot of pinning of branches, etc. One reason I got away from doing that is because I felt that it was stunting my plants a lot. After they are topped, I defoliate here and there, tuck some leaves. And let them go. Once they are tall enough, I have grommets I install on my fabric pots and I use soft garden wire to open the canopies up for even light to the fruiting sites. It seems like I said, that when I started doing this vs wanting to control the plant, I get repeatable results on most strains. You can check out my grow thread linked in my signature below. Also in that thread is the monster Twisted Tree AMR auto that was engulfing almost an entire 4x4. Unfortunately, we got wind that we had to move so I had to cull it.

Anyway, yes I was shocked by the size and quite possibly a unicorn. I kinda sprouted it knowing it would be smaller and something I could tuck in a corner and enjoy. And obviously it went against the Mephisto descriptor for behavior. I have seen a couple others on Reddit with pretty big SN plants as well.

As mentioned we just moved. So I'm just now getting one of the tents back up to run a couple. I'm doing Walter White next and something else. But I will be curious to see if I can get a repeat SN fairly soon. Smoke is great though.
She definitely is thick branched little thing. I pin branches and there is definitely a timing window to hit. If you wait to long they don’t take well to being staked.
cheers
os

I wanted it too... But I didn't really have the cash. But I also have 10 24 Carat and almost 20 strawberry nuggets.... I couldn't justify buying basically the same genetics just for purple nugs...
Some of your Strawberry nuggs will be purple. I just harvested my 1st SN, & its a beautiful dark purp. 1 for 1!

First Mephisto order received, been waiting too long to pull the trigger on ordering from them…thanks @stan_mephisto and MG! Don’t have any Sativa leaning autos so stoked to add the Mango Smile
:woohoo:

Question @stan_mephisto - I got the Fugue x Forum freebies, label on the tube says “(Fugue State x Forum Stomper) x Forum Stomper”. Can you clarify the cross for this freebie…like was it selected progeny from a Fugue State x Forum Stomper cross were hit with rvrsd pollen from a Forum Stomper? In your post it’s listed as a direct Fugue State x Forum Stomper cross so wasn’t sure

B94BF660-2B8E-41A5-AB57-65522F391E53.jpeg

Back