Mephisto Genetics Mephisto SODK Smoke Report

Waximus

21st Century Medicine Man
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi, Peeps :)
Getting around to posting a few smoke reports from some of the recently harvested/cured autos. What better place to start than the Fantastic and Delicious Mephisto SODK?
So, here goes....

SeedBank :
Mephisto Genetics- http://www.mephistogenetics.com/shop/sour-orange-diesel-kush/

Strain:
SourOrangeDieselKush- SODK

Did it autoflower?: Yes, at 21 days

Soil/hydro:
I planted into 3/1 Coco/perlite, 1 gal pouches, and handwatered 2x/day for first 3 weeks, then into a drip system using AN nutes, feeding 3x/day up to 5x/day through flowering.

Nutes:
Advanced Nutrients custom schedule, coco specific nutes for base and big bud. I ran a slightly modified version of TaNg's Improved Schedule, just tweaking the base nutes up a bit- never used more than 2/3 strength base.

Light (kind and schedule):
Grown under two MarsHydro 300 watt (orig) panels, so ~360 real watts.

From seed to harvest date: 85 days

Dry Yield: 92g

High/Effect Duration:
This strain is GREAT daytime medicine! You get a buzzy, focused lift early on that gracefully transitions into a relaxing and comfortable body stone lasting 1.5-2 hours from 4-5 puffs. The best way to describe its effects on me? After 5 puffs, I remember thinking "Whoa! I'm HIGH!!" followed within 10 minutes by "Hmmmm... There must be SOMETHING that needs done around here...." I'll take THAT kind of daytime high, ANY day!

RATE SCALE:* bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL:*****
Excellent bag appeal! the trich coating looks like a coating of gray salt, covering moderately tight buds. The smell is a mix of citrus (orange...duh...) and mercurichrome.... Yeah... it's got an intense "under-scent" :)

THE GROWTH:*****
I had 2 "phenos"- a short, 3 footer and a Bohemoth 5 footer. The short had a more indica, stalky structure, and the tall Lady was every BIT of a sativa structure- long side branches with bud balls all along the stem. Tallest autoflower I've grown, to date :)

THE SMELL:*****
What more can I say.... It smells "Kind!" lol

THE SMOKE:*****
Smooth, with an initial.. orange koolaid/creamsickle taste on the draw. The exhale is thick, but not biting, with an almost almond taste- if the almonds were soaked in motor oil...
I will try to keep this strain, or a cross/derivative, on hand from here on out. Both SODK and Mephisto's Triangle Kush (I'll review that in a bit) are TOP SHELF strains, with excellent hash making potential due to the heavy trich coverage.

THE HIGH:*****

I've been fortunate to grow out some really powerful strains in the past few months, and the SODK is Top-of-the-Heap among some pretty formidable company! I did a ceiling test, and you'll get pretty dopey after 2-2.5 joints.. Pleasantly, joyfully dopey :)
And, this strain vapes with the best of them!

All in all, I was expecting great things from the Mephisto gear, and the SODK far exceeded my expectations!
I am a fan of Mephisto Genetics- Their strains are superb. Their Customer Service is outstanding. Their people...are Why!
Tokes to all :)
:smokeout::bighug::cheers:

S
Hi, Peeps :)
Getting around to posting a few smoke reports from some of the recently harvested/cured autos. What better place to start than the Fantastic and Delicious Mephisto SODK?
So, here goes....

SeedBank :
Mephisto Genetics- http://www.mephistogenetics.com/shop/sour-orange-diesel-kush/

Strain:
SourOrangeDieselKush- SODK

Did it autoflower?: Yes, at 21 days

Soil/hydro:
I planted into 3/1 Coco/perlite, 1 gal pouches, and handwatered 2x/day for first 3 weeks, then into a drip system using AN nutes, feeding 3x/day up to 5x/day through flowering.

Nutes:
Advanced Nutrients custom schedule, coco specific nutes for base and big bud. I ran a slightly modified version of TaNg's Improved Schedule, just tweaking the base nutes up a bit- never used more than 2/3 strength base.

Light (kind and schedule):
Grown under two MarsHydro 300 watt (orig) panels, so ~360 real watts.

From seed to harvest date: 85 days

Dry Yield: 92g

High/Effect Duration:
This strain is GREAT daytime medicine! You get a buzzy, focused lift early on that gracefully transitions into a relaxing and comfortable body stone lasting 1.5-2 hours from 4-5 puffs. The best way to describe its effects on me? After 5 puffs, I remember thinking "Whoa! I'm HIGH!!" followed within 10 minutes by "Hmmmm... There must be SOMETHING that needs done around here...." I'll take THAT kind of daytime high, ANY day!

RATE SCALE:* bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL:*****
Excellent bag appeal! the trich coating looks like a coating of gray salt, covering moderately tight buds. The smell is a mix of citrus (orange...duh...) and mercurichrome.... Yeah... it's got an intense "under-scent" :)

THE GROWTH:*****
I had 2 "phenos"- a short, 3 footer and a Bohemoth 5 footer. The short had a more indica, stalky structure, and the tall Lady was every BIT of a sativa structure- long side branches with bud balls all along the stem. Tallest autoflower I've grown, to date :)

THE SMELL:*****
What more can I say.... It smells "Kind!" lol

THE SMOKE:*****
Smooth, with an initial.. orange koolaid/creamsickle taste on the draw. The exhale is thick, but not biting, with an almost almond taste- if the almonds were soaked in motor oil...
I will try to keep this strain, or a cross/derivative, on hand from here on out. Both SODK and Mephisto's Triangle Kush (I'll review that in a bit) are TOP SHELF strains, with excellent hash making potential due to the heavy trich coverage.

THE HIGH:*****

I've been fortunate to grow out some really powerful strains in the past few months, and the SODK is Top-of-the-Heap among some pretty formidable company! I did a ceiling test, and you'll get pretty dopey after 2-2.5 joints.. Pleasantly, joyfully dopey :)
And, this strain vapes with the best of them!

All in all, I was expecting great things from the Mephisto gear, and the SODK far exceeded my expectations!
I am a fan of Mephisto Genetics- Their strains are superb. Their Customer Service is outstanding. Their people...are Why!
Tokes to all :)
:smokeout::bighug::cheers:
Cool can't wait till mine finishes

Back