New Grower MIAutomatic’s Mephisto on da roof

Day 51
Things are moving right along thanks to the continued good weather. I decided to add a small dose (2ml/gal) of Canna PK to the plants base water and it has really stepped up the flowering, especially on the Pink Panama. The PP has 2-3x the biomass of the StH, so it makes sense it would need a bit more PK at this point in the cycle.

It’s a little too soon to really tell, but it looks like I might have hit the jackpot with the StH and got the purple phenotype from the Strawberry Nuggets side. All leaves are still nice and green but the flowers seem to be going just a little purple. It could just be the cooler nights too, the next week or so should reveal if it’s genetic or temperature related.

I was worried the PP wouldn’t fill in, but she is really stacking flowers since I added the PK. Next fertigation with Bioflores will probably be on Monday.

PP
DF8E1B81-FAC0-46E9-B103-70E38BE24C9F.jpeg
54EE0254-9B27-471F-A912-E49823B8AD2D.jpeg

StH
B91C59E3-1CCD-4AF4-A7AB-7683A0A90801.jpeg

Attachments

• B2EC85B9-001A-484E-BC2F-58C77558DF88.jpeg
    B2EC85B9-001A-484E-BC2F-58C77558DF88.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Day 57
Moving right along, or at least as well as can be expected with how little light they have gotten the since my last post. We had three cloudy days and three sunny days, but since direct sunlight is down to about 7 hours a day that’s not a lot of light for almost a whole week.

The StH seems to be getting the message and is stating to wrap things up, I could see her being done in a couple weeks around day 70. The Pink Panama doesn’t seem to be switching gears at all yet, still throwing out now flowers. None of the pistil have started to change color either, which seems a little unusual. By this point in the season the early flowers have usually started to loose their hairs and color change at least a little. Mephisto described PP as a fast flowering Sativa hybrid, but this plant at least seems to have no interest in wrapping things up. I have just been giving base water with recharge this week. They are both drinking a little less as the days get shorter, the StH more so. There is heavy dew covering both plants every morning, hopefully that won’t start to cause a mold problem in the last few weeks as things really fatten up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Looks great. Did you notice they left STH out of the last illuminautos drop next Monday? I thought that was curious.
I did notice, but in the newsletter they more specifically said this weeks drop was the remaining Illuminauto that had not sold out. So I guess StH sold out in the first two offerings. They also teased that the next round of Illuminauto was just around the corner.

Day 62
Sadly the evening after my last post we had two days of heavy rain followed by a cool and cloudy day with very high humidity. Combined with the morning dew this created ideal conditions for botrytis. I found some on each plant Monday morning, and more on the StH today. The PP seems to be clear for the moment, the looser sativa landrace bud structure seems to be a saving grace at this point in the season. The mold was on the outside of the PP making me think it was caused by a dead bug or something else that got blown into the plant and caused the mold. The StH I had to look harder because the mold was on the inside. I was so mad I just ripped it out and didn’t take any pictures, but the sugar leaves were dying back at the mold sites so that’s how I found them on the StH. Ugh….at this point I am not expecting much if any of the StH to be spared, good chance there is a lot more bud rot inside the flowers I just can’t see yet. Such a pretty little purple plant, what a shame.

This is only my third season growing outside, and the first time I have grown a plant with such dense flowers outside. In mid Michigan with as much rain and as high as the humidity is in summer and fall, I think dense little Indica plants are off to he table for future outdoor grows.

I am cautiously optimistic that the PP will come through with little to no additional rot. The flowers are finally starting to plump up a bit more, putting on one last layer of frost, and the aroma has really kicked into high gear. She smells like a combination of a cherry tootsie pop and chocolate spice cake, very unique.

I at least a few days till any more rain rolls in, I am hoping to make it to at least day 65 but am planning to chop before any more rain shows up. The PP is not drinking as much and I have reduced feeding to only 5ml/gal Bioflores but increased boost to 10ml/gal. Fingers crossed I end up with some usable flowers my next indoor crop is at least 6 weeks out still.

StH
FEB9DE53-F070-43D3-86F0-F88795128FD8.jpeg
E4EA67FA-A03A-4BEE-8CF1-A813F19364F4.jpeg

PP
B6325F0D-99D8-4A2C-92DE-F5547508EC75.jpeg
57B407C7-675E-431C-898A-EF9D484784ED.jpeg

Sadly the evening after my last post we had two days of heavy rain followed by a cool and cloudy day with very high humidity. Combined with the morning dew this created ideal conditions for botrytis. I found some on each plant Monday morning, and more on the StH today. The PP seems to be clear for the moment, the looser sativa landrace bud structure seems to be a saving grace at this point in the season. The mold was on the outside of the PP making me think it was caused by a dead bug or something else that got blown into the plant and caused the mold. The StH I had to look harder because the mold was on the inside. I was so mad I just ripped it out and didn’t take any pictures, but the sugar leaves were dying back at the mold sites so that’s how I found them on the StH. Ugh….at this point I am not expecting much if any of the StH to be spared, good chance there is a lot more bud rot inside the flowers I just can’t see yet. Such a pretty little purple plant, what a shame.

This is only my third season growing outside, and the first time I have grown a plant with such dense flowers outside. In mid Michigan with as much rain and as high as the humidity is in summer and fall, I think dense little Indica plants are off to he table for future outdoor grows.

I am cautiously optimistic that the PP will come through with little to no additional rot. The flowers are finally starting to plump up a bit more, putting on one last layer of frost, and the aroma has really kicked into high gear. She smells like a combination of a cherry tootsie pop and chocolate spice cake, very unique.

I at least a few days till any more rain rolls in, I am hoping to make it to at least day 65 but am planning to chop before any more rain shows up. The PP is not drinking as much and I have reduced feeding to only 5ml/gal Bioflores but increased boost to 10ml/gal. Fingers crossed I end up with some usable flowers my next indoor crop is at least 6 weeks out still.

StH
View attachment 1514019View attachment 1514020

PP
View attachment 1514021View attachment 1514022
My heart goes out for you bro. This sux you were doing so well.

Day 70
The nights have really started to cool off here in the last few days and will continue to drop into the low 40s over the weekend. A few nice cool nights are already bringing on lots of fade and stacking more resin and terps

The StH is a total lost cause, I am not sure why I haven’t killed it. The mold seems to be inside every bud at this point, and the whole plant has a musty smell even where there is no visible mold.

The Pink Panama has been showing no signs of trouble and starting to look really beautiful. The flower structure is quite open, but the buds are actually quite dense, so I am expecting a decent yield from her 3.5ish oz I am guessing. That’s not an amazing yield for an outdoor plant, but the quality is looking and smelling really lovely. There is a funky watermelon jolly rancher aroma that joined the party this week.

Weather is cool and sunny through the weekend, and if things stay on track I’ll chop either Saturday or Sunday morning.

Pink Panama
4786DD4D-50F3-41A6-A968-081C513CF26D.jpeg
AC25EEC4-BCE8-421D-994C-D8E95BB17F63.jpeg

StH
ECDB94F7-E90C-4E4B-8FF5-BBE62DEAAE61.jpeg
95AC8030-8F1B-4519-A2F6-E2D01C00BD98.jpeg

Day 72 - chop
I chopped the Pink Panama on Saturday night. I pulled her inside Saturday morning and let her sit inside to dry out from the morning few and the very light rain that was just starting to fall as I brought her in. I had been letting the pot dry back quite a bit for the last week and the pot was already very light when I brought her inside. I just set her by a window and let her continue to dry out. When I chopped her in the evening she was still nice and perky, but had picked up a little more fade.

I forgot to snap a picture before I chopped, but she looked similar to the last update with just a little more fade. I don’t have a microscope, just a loop. Trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few clear and a few amber. She is hanging whole in a 3x3 tent at about 55% humidity. I’ll leave her there for 7-10 days and then trim and into a grove bag for curing.

I gave up on the StH altogether. Up until the last week I was considering cutting her up and trying to salvage something, but the plant is so mold riddled I don’t think it’s possible. I think for my future outdoor grows I will avoid very dense compact plants altogether.

99C42404-E03A-4662-864D-8FC16917007B.jpeg

Back