Multiple led light questions in regards to circuitry

Delta9Heavy

Qualified Live Stoner
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Tyrone special
Hello All. This might be better in another section I'm not sure. I've got a bunch of individual 200-240w led fixtures. Some are cc drivers and some cv. My question is in regards to how many fixtures I can safely run on a 15a circuit. I am trying to figure out if it's better to just buy actual 600w bar fixtures or if I can somehow daisy chain all my 200/240w fixtures to a light controller. I'm looking to run 1000-1200w led. I know the cv drivers pull 5A each, and the cc drivers are 2.1A. Series vs parallel wiring and all. My understanding is, with the cv drivers, you'd be adding up the amps and the V stays the same. Cc the V is added among the fixtures so 110v multiple by x amount of fixtures. Is that correct?What does each of these mean in regards to a normal 110v 15a circuit?
Thanks in advance. I've done some research on led gardener, but electric was never my strong suit, and my brain was hurting.

Hello All. This might be better in another section I'm not sure. I've got a bunch of individual 200-240w led fixtures. Some are cc drivers and some cv. My question is in regards to how many fixtures I can safely run on a 15a circuit. I am trying to figure out if it's better to just buy actual 600w bar fixtures or if I can somehow daisy chain all my 200/240w fixtures to a light controller. I'm looking to run 1000-1200w led. I know the cv drivers pull 5A each, and the cc drivers are 2.1A. Series vs parallel wiring and all. My understanding is, with the cv drivers, you'd be adding up the amps and the V stays the same. Cc the V is added among the fixtures so 110v multiple by x amount of fixtures. Is that correct?What does each of these mean in regards to a normal 110v 15a circuit?
Thanks in advance. I've done some research on led gardener, but electric was never my strong suit, and my brain was hurting.

Dunno about the cv/cc drivers, but about 1500w max for a standard 15a 110v outlet.

Dunno about the cv/cc drivers, but about 1500w max for a standard 15a 110v outlet.
Thanks! Right, that much I understand. What I don't quite understand, is if I run 3 240w fixtures with cv drivers, they pull 5a each max. That's 15a for only ~750w. So I'm maxing a circuit out on Amps with only 750w? If I run cc drivers, they pull 2.1 a for the same wattage. What's the difference, it's the same amount of power? Seems like I could run double the power on cc drivers vs cv? Or is the V the limiting factor on cc?

Thanks! Right, that much I understand. What I don't quite understand, is if I run 3 240w fixtures with cv drivers, they pull 5a each max. That's 15a for only ~750w. So I'm maxing a circuit out on Amps with only 750w? If I run cc drivers, they pull 2.1 a for the same wattage. What's the difference, it's the same amount of power? Seems like I could run double the power on cc drivers vs cv? Or is the V the limiting factor on cc?
hello iv no idea how to help you out but if you dont get a answer here you might try contacting shane from migro im sure he can put you in the right direction

Right, 20 mins of google and I still don't understand xD.

I would think the driver is always fed 110v from the wall and adjusts it. Do you have a kill a watt? I can check my leds but they're probably all CC.

Edit: all cc drivers. Did plug a 9v usb charger into it, still draws 120v.

Last edited:
Back