Photoperiod My first grow with photos ( BCN Critical XXL )

Those plants look fairly small to be flowering already. Not that it can't be done. But I wouldn't expect to get more than 1 oz. per plant for their size. I've been growing photo's for a little over 1.5 years now. I usually veg close to 8 weeks & flower 8 weeks. Without LST they get about 4' - 4.5' by harvest & yeild 3 - 3.5 oz. per plant. Without LST I grow 4-5 plants in a 4' x 4' x 7' tent. With LST only 2 plants cover the entire tent & I've yeilded 4.5 - 6 oz. per plant. I top 3 times in veg whether I LST or not. I also strip any & all growth below a 6" canopy & remove some of the upper large fan leaves that block the light from getting down in the center of the plant. It usually ends up 150 - 200 leaves I strip per plant & you do this about 1 week before switching to 12/12 for flower. I strip the plants because I want several large top colas & not the popcorn buds you get off the bottom when you don't strip them. All energy then goes to producing large top colas if you strip them. Once in flower do not trim anything off. If leaves turn yellow & come off with a very slight tug you can remove those, but nothing more. I have 2 plants I just put in flower about 3 days ago. 1 with LST (Fire OG) & 1 without (Pie Face). They are fairly huge so I can only fit the 2 in my tent. I use 1 - 600 watt Meizhi LED & 7 - 28 watt Red & Blue Spot light LED's for side lighting. I use to use MH / HPS but they are too expensive to run electricity wise so I changed to LED. $30 - $35 per mo. with LED & $150 - $200 with MH / HPS. Yield is slightly less but not that much different to make it worth the higher electric bill. I start out in solo cups. Soon as I get 3 sets of leaves I transplant to 1 gallon pots. Once they're about 12" tall I transplant in 3 gallon pots, wait 1 week & top at the 4th node. As soon as they grow out I top again. Then when they get 18" - 20" tall I transplant in 5 gallon pots, wait 3-4 days & top for the last time. Wait 1 week & switch to 12/12. In the 5 gallon pots I use the water, water, feed schedule every other day & that's 1 gallon per plant. During veg I keep temps between 70 - 82 degrees with 50% - 75% humidity (they love it). In flower I keep temps the same but humidity is kept under 50% (Don't want Bud Rot so it's necessary). The last 2 weeks prior to flushing for harvest I feed with Molasses only so I get really resinous buds. 1 tablespoon of Molasses per gallon of water & I use it every 2 days. I don't use water itself at all during the final 2 weeks. Molasses water every time. 1 week before harvest I flush with 3-4 gallons of water only & then they get nothing after that. In about 1 week the pots will be totally dry so I trim off all the leaves. Easier to trim them if you do it in the pots before you chop them down to hang for drying. Chop them & hang them in a dark place for 7-10 days & when the outside of the buds are dry to the touch I cut them from the stems, trim them to look pretty & cure them in mason jars for at least 4 weeks. I smoke the trim while waiting for them to cure & sometimes I smoke a few of the buds early just to see how it is. This is the way I grow my photo's & have had great success doing so. I'll try to get some decent pics & post of my current grow but I have a hard time doing so with the LED's on. Hope this will give you a little more insight on growing photo's.
I got interested in this thread because I just got some BCN Critical XXL seeds for my next grow & wanted to see how it all turns out for you. I still wonder what the BCN stands for though.

Those plants look fairly small to be flowering already. Not that it can't be done. But I wouldn't expect to get more than 1 oz. per plant for their size. I've been growing photo's for a little over 1.5 years now. I usually veg close to 8 weeks & flower 8 weeks. Without LST they get about 4' - 4.5' by harvest & yeild 3 - 3.5 oz. per plant. Without LST I grow 4-5 plants in a 4' x 4' x 7' tent. With LST only 2 plants cover the entire tent & I've yeilded 4.5 - 6 oz. per plant. I top 3 times in veg whether I LST or not. I also strip any & all growth below a 6" canopy & remove some of the upper large fan leaves that block the light from getting down in the center of the plant. It usually ends up 150 - 200 leaves I strip per plant & you do this about 1 week before switching to 12/12 for flower. I strip the plants because I want several large top colas & not the popcorn buds you get off the bottom when you don't strip them. All energy then goes to producing large top colas if you strip them. Once in flower do not trim anything off. If leaves turn yellow & come off with a very slight tug you can remove those, but nothing more. I have 2 plants I just put in flower about 3 days ago. 1 with LST (Fire OG) & 1 without (Pie Face). They are fairly huge so I can only fit the 2 in my tent. I use 1 - 600 watt Meizhi LED & 7 - 28 watt Red & Blue Spot light LED's for side lighting. I use to use MH / HPS but they are too expensive to run electricity wise so I changed to LED. $30 - $35 per mo. with LED & $150 - $200 with MH / HPS. Yield is slightly less but not that much different to make it worth the higher electric bill. I start out in solo cups. Soon as I get 3 sets of leaves I transplant to 1 gallon pots. Once they're about 12" tall I transplant in 3 gallon pots, wait 1 week & top at the 4th node. As soon as they grow out I top again. Then when they get 18" - 20" tall I transplant in 5 gallon pots, wait 3-4 days & top for the last time. Wait 1 week & switch to 12/12. In the 5 gallon pots I use the water, water, feed schedule every other day & that's 1 gallon per plant. During veg I keep temps between 70 - 82 degrees with 50% - 75% humidity (they love it). In flower I keep temps the same but humidity is kept under 50% (Don't want Bud Rot so it's necessary). The last 2 weeks prior to flushing for harvest I feed with Molasses only so I get really resinous buds. 1 tablespoon of Molasses per gallon of water & I use it every 2 days. I don't use water itself at all during the final 2 weeks. Molasses water every time. 1 week before harvest I flush with 3-4 gallons of water only & then they get nothing after that. In about 1 week the pots will be totally dry so I trim off all the leaves. Easier to trim them if you do it in the pots before you chop them down to hang for drying. Chop them & hang them in a dark place for 7-10 days & when the outside of the buds are dry to the touch I cut them from the stems, trim them to look pretty & cure them in mason jars for at least 4 weeks. I smoke the trim while waiting for them to cure & sometimes I smoke a few of the buds early just to see how it is. This is the way I grow my photo's & have had great success doing so. I'll try to get some decent pics & post of my current grow but I have a hard time doing so with the LED's on. Hope this will give you a little more insight on growing photo's.
I got interested in this thread because I just got some BCN Critical XXL seeds for my next grow & wanted to see how it all turns out for you. I still wonder what the BCN stands for though.
bcn stands for barcelona

Thanks for your tips! I usually get more on autos finished in 8-10 weeks than 1 ounce, so that would really dissapoint me if thats going to happen.. They are called XXL so i expect more than 1 ounce but yeah we will see :) Their flowering time is around 56 days and its day 8 in flower now, so they will still grow but im keeping them down and spreading them out. I dont like the idea of only running 4 big ones or something in my 2mx2m tent which is 8ft i think, when im still learning.. Im also experimenting with different things and i do still have 3 of this strain in VEG as motherplants, but they were 35cm when i took them in flower and now they are about 50cm, so im focused on keeping them small.. They do have alot of nodes pr plant and the canopy its pretty even.. You can check out my other grow with autoflowers which im currently smoking here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/stardawg-from-fastbuds.68456/page-6

peace out brothers and thanks for your comments:pass:

Thanks for your tips! I usually get more on autos finished in 8-10 weeks than 1 ounce, so that would really dissapoint me if thats going to happen.. They are called XXL so i expect more than 1 ounce but yeah we will see :) Their flowering time is around 56 days and its day 8 in flower now, so they will still grow but im keeping them down and spreading them out. I dont like the idea of only running 4 big ones or something in my 2mx2m tent which is 8ft i think, when im still learning.. Im also experimenting with different things and i do still have 3 of this strain in VEG as motherplants, but they were 35cm when i took them in flower and now they are about 50cm, so im focused on keeping them small.. They do have alot of nodes pr plant and the canopy its pretty even.. You can check out my other grow with autoflowers which im currently smoking here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/stardawg-from-fastbuds.68456/page-6

peace out brothers and thanks for your comments:pass:
i think you will do much better than 1 oz i grew some critical xxl last year totally fucked its ph up was almost fully yellow mid flower still got 2 oz of frosty buds that smelled of pinapple

Well, i've grown BCN Critical XXL auto and she was at 136 gr. and almost every photo strain they have. Heck and with 4-5 weeks of veg you get much more than 1 oz, what pot size are they in?

They are in 13L-15L pots with some holes in them and some of them are in smartpots.. But good to hear that from you guys, i was beginning to question myself lol

Pah, if you're not growing em to dead, 100 gr./plant will be your smallest problem, they're one of the easiest strains in their catalogue, be aware...some phenos get get out of range:crying:

Back