My Rain-Battered Babies

M

moxie111

Hey guys, I'm extremely new to growing, and I chose autos for my first attempt. I started the plants in MJ soil (I know) and they sprouted their cotyledons and first set of leaves. But for various reasons I had to get them in the ground. So now they are in the ground and have just hit their second week in life. They are all green, but very small. Many photos I'v seen of two week plants are exceptionally large relative to mine. Now I do have suspicions as to why this is. The plants were transplanted very early and into a damp environment. While I did dig a hole and fill it with MJ soil for the transplant, we have been getting massive amounts of rain. 4 of my 6 plants are alive at this point and they all sprouting their 3rd set of leaves. IE I have 4 true leaves out (2 sets of 2) with the budding of 4 more( a single set of 4). They are getting sufficient light but are likely over-watered and stressed(Intense rainfall from the weather band crossing the east US). The muddy soil surrounding their small plot has grown to be chronically wet and I'm wondering if I should let them fight through it or try a second transplant into pots for a more controlled environment-the pots will remain outside. Absolutely any words from the community would be helpful, regardless of if they are helpful or not.

Thanks so much for this website, if this falls through I'll buying more seeds and heavily refining my process and documenting it here for assistance!

And if its not evident, I really didn't do the homework I should have. I'v done much studying retroactively, and thus much regretful mourning of what could have been.

Ah, they're still just plants. You got em' in the ground already and they are going to be outside anyway for your grow right. Let em run their course now. see what happens ;) if you're a bit weary pop a couple more and keep them in pots that you can move in and out of rain.
Cheer up! It'll be ok. You're gonna mess up a few times. I still do it all the time. That's part of the growing and learning experience that we've all come to love/hate.

well put gearbear! I live in the northeast too... and it has been an exceptinally wwet spring thus far.... as long as it dries out enough for the roots to get some air they ashould be fine... I wouldn't reccomened transplanting too many times... however if you think your soil is swampy and may stay wet for too long... you might consider reloacation... hope this helps!

JM

Thanks for the replies guys! We're supposed to have a good 4-5 days of 65-80 with lots of sunshine so I'm going to let them sit and see if they perk up, who knows, maybe they'll hit their stride with some good weather! I'll also be using this dry period to see if the soil can drain reasonably. If its still swampy on monday I'll definitely be transplanting.

And I'm using diesel ryders from Sagamartha and the J doctor, 2 60 day wonders, a buddha syrup and white dwarf. 6 total.

karma sent for them....:thumbs:

Last summer was very wet for me.

I had to dig a pit next to my plot, so it could drain the excess water.

The plants are more than likely in hibernation mode. Same plants i am talking about didn't get big and explode until almost aug, they just stayed at the 5th node for a few months. Cold nights and lots of water doesn't do autos any justice.

I love the pit idea Bailer! I actually did that unintentionally around one plant, he's looking a bit more dry, but he'll probably die. The other 3 that are still kicking however, aren't looking too bad! they're all standing strong and looking green. I'm thinking a few more days of dry weather will see some big improvements. The soil is already looking better. I'll keep you all posted! :)

swampy areas work great if you build a mound up so its up out of the "swamp water " but the roots can still get water... unless you have a rainy ass season... then it just floods... lol

Back