My Rain-Battered Babies

Well, my babies are still in a stasis and their leaves were beginning to curl up. So I grabbed some pots, some MG Moisture Control, and potted the two remaining plants. We'll see how it goes!

well good luck mate... let us know if we can help...

We're getting some vicious rain right now. I placed them securely on top of some bushes, so hopefully they drain very well. I'd hate to find some defaced plants in the morning. How do potted plants usually handle heavy rain? relative to plants in the ground.

Ive done two summers with AF's (Im including this year as my 2nd years outdoor project, got good results last year) but I put them in fairly dry areas (south facing) and went and watered them every other week, they dont like being transplanted but they also dont like being drenched as I found out with the first few that I tried, I also put slug pellets around my precious babies, I like the mound idea though, I might give that a try to save me running around with bottles of water :) ... but yeah it you leave em drenched I think you might end up being an unhappy bunny, probo best to move em while you still can.

Best of luck with yours bro, Im ALWAYS shocked at how much better my plants get on outside as opposed to my indoors SOG, I wish I had my own personal mini sun :) Im from SA but now live in the UK so Im used to outdoor growing but have only being doing the indoor thing for a about 3 years or so, either way I LOVE summer here and it gives me a chance to do in and out grows at the same time ... what more could a man ask for!!

Happy growing mate

We're getting some vicious rain right now. I placed them securely on top of some bushes, so hopefully they drain very well. I'd hate to find some defaced plants in the morning. How do potted plants usually handle heavy rain? relative to plants in the ground.

Sorry bro, just saw this now, but Im sure if you've got drainage in your pots it'll be fine (depends on the size of the pot too), cant comment on size though as Ive never done outdoors in a pot, I'll be interested to hear your verdict for next year though, or maybe even this year, they're great for outdoors cause you dont have to wait soooo damn long for the end result...

Look forward to your outcome!

Good luck

also great for portability and soil ph control... keeps it simple... good karma sent! :thumbs:

Hey guys! I'v found the reason for my plant's stunted growth and dying leaves! Phosphorous lock-out due to cold-weather! Is there anything I can do in an outdoor environment to combat this?

Back